Danyel y Miguel

Tracking Febuary Filers

485 posts in this topic

ok so yesturday my case showed last updated was 2/25/08... and that was to put me online i know because earlier in the day i couldnt check it, and by the later afternoon i could...

i just checked it and it now says 2/26/08...

does that mean it was touched? and if so ####### now im worried...WAYYY too early to be touched...i hope i dont get an RFE :(

My Timeline

USCIS

11/23/2007 - Married in Venezuela

02/07/08 - I-130 Sent

02/09/08 - recieved in Chicago at 10:09pm by R Mercedo

02/21/08 - I-130 NOA1

02/25/08 - Case Entered Online

06/13/08 - Case Approved

NVC

Case Recieved at NVC - 6/24/08

Case Number assigned - 6/24/08

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill - 6/30/08

Paid AOS - 07/03/08

AOS Bill Accepted - 07/04/08

Sent DS-3032 (usps) - 07/12/08

Sent I-864 - 7/12/08

NVC Recieved AOS & DS3032 - 07/14/08

IV Bill Paid - 07/17/08

DS-230 Sent - 07/26/08

DS-230 Entered Into System - 07/29/08

Case Complete - 08/06/2008

VISA APPROVED- 09/04/2008

.png

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
ok so yesturday my case showed last updated was 2/25/08... and that was to put me online i know because earlier in the day i couldnt check it, and by the later afternoon i could...

i just checked it and it now says 2/26/08...

does that mean it was touched? and if so ####### now im worried...WAYYY too early to be touched...i hope i dont get an RFE :(

i wouldn't worry too much it might not have been a "bad" touch. maybe it was just being sorted in california, cause they had to move it from chicago and once it's received in cali they have to make note of it. keep checking your status and if they keep touching it without changes being made then you might have something to worry about. however i know a couple who had their case touched more than 10 times before anything happened on it and never received any bad news. keep us updated on how things are going!

as for the proof that she is our daughter, they have already told us it might be required by the American embassy to prove she's my husbands daughter. they apparently can ask for dna proof in order to establish citizenship. i guess along with problems of people getting married only so they can obtain a green card, they have had problems with people going to other countries and adopting children and them claiming them as their own so they get automatic citizenship.

.png

Picture1.png

.png.png

nikki-2-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

My husband and I are trying to see what we need for the I-129F and I found this on the site (preparing the I-129F).

1. Payment as required by USCIS (I-129F petitions for K-3 status filed on/after July 30th 2007 have no fee since the I-130 cost was increased). Use a check so you can track the payment.

2. Cover Letter. Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (K-3 Visa), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.

3. Copy of I-130 Transfer Notice (indicating where your underlying I-130 petition was routed to after it was filed at the appropriate Chicago Lockbox).

4. Form I-129F: Petition for Alien Fiance(e). This form may be used to obtain a K-3/K-4 visa for your alien spouse and her or his child. Fill out the form as directed, except assume that "fiancé" or "fiancé(e)" means "spouse." answer Questions B.17 and B.18 by stating "N/A." Note that filing this form is only necessary to facilitate the entry of your spouse and her or his child as a nonimmigrant.

5. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated

6. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the US Citizen. Write the full name of the US citizen on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <US Citizens Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

7. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the foreign fiance(e) signed and dated

8. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the foreign Spouse. Write the full name of the foreign Spouse on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Foreign Spouses Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

9. Copy of the Birth certificate for the US Citizen (front and back) or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport or a copy of the US Citizen's naturalization certificate (front and back). This is used to establish citizenship.

10. Copy of the NOA1 from the I-130

11. A copy of your marriage certificate (If not in English then again get a translation)

12. In regards to Section C Question 2, if applicable provide certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and dispositions for any specified conviction(s) (in accordance with the IMBRA). See section 9 of the I-129f instructions for more information.

We only sent our I-130 and not the 2 petitions together :( What exactly of tehese documents do we need to send. We icluded most of them (passport photos, G-325As) with the I-130. Do we have to send the entire package again?

How are you all doing? Lots of NOAs. We still haven't received ours....

thanks

Our K-3 timeline

- jan. 12 2008 - Wedding

- feb. 11 2008 - sent I-130 to Chicago lockbox

- march 06 2008 - sent I-129F to CSC

- may 06 - APPROVED

- jun 12 - medical and interview passed! Visa in the passport!!!

- jun 24 - entry in US through Chicago

AOS

- jul 16 2008 - AOS + EAD sent to Chicago lockbox

- jul 28 - NOAs for AOS and EAD

- aug 6 - Bio letter

- aug 11 - RFE e-mail (I-864)

- aug 19 - Biometrics done (they scanned my little fingers maybe 20 times because fingerprints were not clear enough :P )

Thank you God! Just a few more steps..

.png .png

My husband and I are trying to see what we need for the I-129F and I found this on the site (preparing the I-129F).

1. Payment as required by USCIS (I-129F petitions for K-3 status filed on/after July 30th 2007 have no fee since the I-130 cost was increased). Use a check so you can track the payment.

2. Cover Letter. Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (K-3 Visa), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.

3. Copy of I-130 Transfer Notice (indicating where your underlying I-130 petition was routed to after it was filed at the appropriate Chicago Lockbox).

4. Form I-129F: Petition for Alien Fiance(e). This form may be used to obtain a K-3/K-4 visa for your alien spouse and her or his child. Fill out the form as directed, except assume that "fiancé" or "fiancé(e)" means "spouse." answer Questions B.17 and B.18 by stating "N/A." Note that filing this form is only necessary to facilitate the entry of your spouse and her or his child as a nonimmigrant.

5. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated

6. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the US Citizen. Write the full name of the US citizen on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <US Citizens Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

7. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the foreign fiance(e) signed and dated

8. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the foreign Spouse. Write the full name of the foreign Spouse on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Foreign Spouses Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

9. Copy of the Birth certificate for the US Citizen (front and back) or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport or a copy of the US Citizen's naturalization certificate (front and back). This is used to establish citizenship.

10. Copy of the NOA1 from the I-130

11. A copy of your marriage certificate (If not in English then again get a translation)

12. In regards to Section C Question 2, if applicable provide certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and dispositions for any specified conviction(s) (in accordance with the IMBRA). See section 9 of the I-129f instructions for more information.

We only sent our I-130 and not the 2 petitions together :( What exactly of tehese documents do we need to send. We icluded most of them (passport photos, G-325As) with the I-130. Do we have to send the entire package again?

How are you all doing? Lots of NOAs. We still haven't received ours....

thanks

im pretty sure that you have to send all of that again. because its a seperate petition. dont quote me on that, but im pretty sure. cause even if you read the k-3 guides it states to send all that again.

My Timeline

USCIS

02/07/08 - I-130 Sent

02/21/08 - I-130 NOA1

06/13/08 - Case Approved

NVC

Paid AOS - 07/03/08

Sent I-864 - 7/12/08

IV Bill Paid - 07/17/08

DS-230 Sent - 07/26/08

.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi all!

Vernon Family: OMG. I'm so sorry to hear about your travails!

Danyel y Miguel: thank you for the keeping this thread going - the discussions here have led us to an epiphany! ;) We were originally intending to apply for the K-3 first, but now have reconsidered going with the CR-1 route. I'm going to reassess our situation in the meantime just to make sure all is well on our side with respect to paperwork.

Well, I specifically joined to add more 'N' to your stats! So....

Country of spouse: Canada (Can't wait to be together!)

Married on 12/17/2008 (secret...the "real" wedding is coming soon!)

USPS certified/return receipt I-130 on 2/6/2008

Received on 2/10/2008

Check cashed on 2/20/2008

NOA1 Received on 2/25/2008 (postmarked on 2/20/2008)

Many thanks & good wishes!

-d

Hi D&LN - just wanted to tell you that your situation is similar to mine, although my husband and I have yet to file the I-130. I'm just here to learn right now! I'm the Canadian spouse. My hubby and I secretly married in Vermont on 3/16/2007, and our "real" wedding is supposed to be coming up (don't ask why we haven't filed yet, we have been so clueless this whole time...). Might have to postpone it :( Just wanted to wish you luck, I will probably be looking to see how your case is going!

Good luck to EVERYONE! :)

Thanks for the well wishes! Hmmm...like two peas in a pod! However, I'm the US Citizen. ;)

I'll definitely keep you (and everyone else) updated. As for filing, IMHO do it ASAP! (Maybe others would be willing to comment pro/anti?) From our perspective (not to scare you), our wedding ceremony date has moved around a bit due to concerns with immigration - it's still in flux! In fact, we're approaching it from both sides - I'm also applying for the Canadian PR concurrently (yay! I just had my med exam performed by the DMP today!) just in case since the ultimate goal is to be together after the ceremony.

It did take awhile to create the packet (supporting info, etc.), but one concern I had before doing so was whether or not we would even be able to visit each other while the process was pending. I talked to one of the US immigration officers in Ottawa (as well as perusing the forums here) and he assured me that as long as she showed strong ties to Canada (job, lease, bank statements, etc) that it would normally be no problem with US visitations - he actually said, "why would you jeopardize your chances of immigration?" which made sense to me. Likewise for me going the other way - I now have a packet I've "developed" for traveling to see her! Anyways, that talk pretty much sealed the deal for us sending the paperwork through. (Actually, the guy stamped a B-2 visa with an expiration date of Aug-12 on her last visit this month!)

Although after reading some of the posts here, I feel as though I should have included photos in the packet. I included a notarized affidavit, sample mail correspondence, sample travel plans between our two cities, a sample phone bill showing our numbers, beneficiary statements, and receipts and tickets for trips taken together. Maybe I'm just being paranoid?

OK, enough blabbering.

Danyel y Miguel: I also noticed that my case was "last updated" on 2/26/2008...Is this the 'touch' everyone keeps referring to?

Just my 2 cents, keep the list posted here! :)

Off topic....Now, I'm trying to cope with the tax ramifications for 2007! If you think immigration laws are crazy, wait until you read IRS Pub 519. Oh vay! Anybody dealing with this yet?

Thanks for the well wishes! Hmmm...like two peas in a pod! However, I'm the US Citizen. ;)

I'll definitely keep you (and everyone else) updated. As for filing, IMHO do it ASAP! (Maybe others would be willing to comment pro/anti?) From our perspective (not to scare you), our wedding ceremony date has moved around a bit due to concerns with immigration - it's still in flux! In fact, we're approaching it from both sides - I'm also applying for the Canadian PR concurrently (yay! I just had my med exam performed by the DMP today!) just in case since the ultimate goal is to be together after the ceremony.

It did take awhile to create the packet (supporting info, etc.), but one concern I had before doing so was whether or not we would even be able to visit each other while the process was pending. I talked to one of the US immigration officers in Ottawa (as well as perusing the forums here) and he assured me that as long as she showed strong ties to Canada (job, lease, bank statements, etc) that it would normally be no problem with US visitations - he actually said, "why would you jeopardize your chances of immigration?" which made sense to me. Likewise for me going the other way - I now have a packet I've "developed" for traveling to see her! Anyways, that talk pretty much sealed the deal for us sending the paperwork through. (Actually, the guy stamped a B-2 visa with an expiration date of Aug-12 on her last visit this month!)

Although after reading some of the posts here, I feel as though I should have included photos in the packet. I included a notarized affidavit, sample mail correspondence, sample travel plans between our two cities, a sample phone bill showing our numbers, beneficiary statements, and receipts and tickets for trips taken together. Maybe I'm just being paranoid?

OK, enough blabbering.

Danyel y Miguel: I also noticed that my case was "last updated" on 2/26/2008...Is this the 'touch' everyone keeps referring to?

Off topic....Now, I'm trying to cope with the tax ramifications for 2007! If you think immigration laws are crazy, wait until you read IRS Pub 519. Oh vay! Anybody dealing with this yet?

when the "last updated" changes on your status, thats a touch :P so yep. we've officially been molested haha

so what is the IRS Pub 519???? dont know if im dealing with that yet cause i dont know what it is haha

My Timeline

USCIS

02/07/08 - I-130 Sent

02/21/08 - I-130 NOA1

06/13/08 - Case Approved

NVC

Paid AOS - 07/03/08

Sent I-864 - 7/12/08

IV Bill Paid - 07/17/08

DS-230 Sent - 07/26/08

.png

was looking over at the other febuary thread and noticed people gave their updates over there, so i updated the list.

Updated!

Edited by Danyel y Miguel

My Timeline

USCIS

02/07/08 - I-130 Sent

02/21/08 - I-130 NOA1

06/13/08 - Case Approved

NVC

Paid AOS - 07/03/08

Sent I-864 - 7/12/08

IV Bill Paid - 07/17/08

DS-230 Sent - 07/26/08

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

OK, enough blabbering.

I know, we have to file asap. With regards to your ceremony date constantly changing, I think I'm going through that right now. My hubby and I were so clueless and naive when it came to immigration laws and I ended up being denied twice at the border within this past month. Of course, we had planned our whole wedding already...I was planning on going to the POE tomorrow with a bunch of documents (not to cross the border, just to talk to them - called that POE last week and a friendly officer suggested that I come talk to them) - from all of our wedding arrangements, to a letter from my employer & T4, bank account info & a letter from my bank...also, a doctor's note for his great-grandfather, who has several serious illnesses. All I want is to go through with our plans and then come back to Canada.

I still had the tiniest bit of hope...but in the past week, we've been talking to an immigration lawyer in the US - she found out what they had written under my name...no violations or charges (thank God), but they DID list details of my denials. When I was denied, we only said we were engaged, not married (out of fear - in hindsight, not sure if that was a great idea..).

Based on all of that, the lawyer advised AGAINST going to the border. She said that it was a long shot and that if I tried to admit openly that we ARE married, that the officers at the POE might charge me with fraud (for my previous denials, when we said we were only engaged).

I think that's enough to keep me here. I'm completely depressed. I know that we were ignorant of immigration laws, but we are really paying for it now.

Will I get in major trouble for the denials? If I say, "failure to prove non-immgrant intent" and someone looks into it, I just have this sinking feeling that the visa will be denied.

Sorry for venting, but I just got the bad news from the lawyer and am trying not to cry at work (yes, I go on VJ at work...oops)...

:(

Edited by WantingMyHubby

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
was looking over at the other febuary thread and noticed people gave their updates over there, so i updated the list.

Updated!

CR-1/IR-1

Member Name----------Beneficiary's country----------I-130 Sent ----------NOA1

Vernon Family ----------South Africa -------------------02/01/08

Sam and Metodi --------Bulgaria ----------------------02/04/08 --------2/20/08

azer_2000 --------------Azerbaijan --------------------02/06/08 --------2/20/08

D&LN --------------------Canada -----------------------02/06/08 --------2/20/08

Danyel y Miguel --------Venezuela --------------------02/07/08 --------2/21/08

rkapur -------------------Kuwait ------------------------02/07/08 --------02/23/08

Ikekandi ----------------United Kingdom ---------------02/07/08

febfiller ------------------Morocco ----------------------02/07/08 --------02/25/08

crismar ------------------Peru ---------------------------02/09/08 -------02/25/08

santijs -------------------Uruguay -----------------------02/09/08 -------02/20/08

Ralu&Doru --------------Romania -----------------------02/11/08 -------check cashed 2/21/08

zawjatsaid --------------Morocco ------------------------02/12/08 --------02/21/08

Venkat ------------------India ---------------------------02/12/08 ---------02/19/08

rue2you -----------------Costa Rica --------------------02/20/08

brnidokiegurl -----------Morocco -----------------------02/23/08

K3

Member Name----------Beneficiary's country----------I-129F Sent ----------NOA1

Vernon Family ----------South Africa -------------------02/01/08

Ikekandi ----------------United Kingdom ---------------02/07/08

rentua ------------------Canada -------------------------02/09/08 ---------2/21/08

danielle46901 ----------Scotland -----------------------02/11/08

Ralu&Doru --------------Romania -----------------------02/11/08

Venkat ------------------India ---------------------------02/12/08 ---------02/21/08

Jigs ----------------------India ----------------------------02/19/08

manishnyati-------------India-----------------------------02/22/08

Edited by manishnyati

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

OK, enough blabbering.

I know, we have to file asap. With regards to your ceremony date constantly changing, I think I'm going through that right now. My hubby and I were so clueless and naive when it came to immigration laws and I ended up being denied twice at the border within this past month. Of course, we had planned our whole wedding already...I was planning on going to the POE tomorrow with a bunch of documents (not to cross the border, just to talk to them - called that POE last week and a friendly officer suggested that I come talk to them) - from all of our wedding arrangements, to a letter from my employer & T4, bank account info & a letter from my bank...also, a doctor's note for his great-grandfather, who has several serious illnesses. All I want is to go through with our plans and then come back to Canada.

I still had the tiniest bit of hope...but in the past week, we've been talking to an immigration lawyer in the US - she found out what they had written under my name...no violations or charges (thank God), but they DID list details of my denials. When I was denied, we only said we were engaged, not married (out of fear - in hindsight, not sure if that was a great idea..).

Based on all of that, the lawyer advised AGAINST going to the border. She said that it was a long shot and that if I tried to admit openly that we ARE married, that the officers at the POE might charge me with fraud (for my previous denials, when we said we were only engaged).

I think that's enough to keep me here. I'm completely depressed. I know that we were ignorant of immigration laws, but we are really paying for it now.

Will I get in major trouble for the denials? If I say, "failure to prove non-immgrant intent" and someone looks into it, I just have this sinking feeling that the visa will be denied.

Sorry for venting, but I just got the bad news from the lawyer and am trying not to cry at work (yes, I go on VJ at work...oops)...

:(

I honestly know nothing about the denials and what they can and cant do about it. I would however take the lawyers advice seriously, they don't tend to lie about this kinda stuff. I hope you can figure things out and are able to see your hubby soon, it's been 70 days since I've seen mine so I know how you must be feeling right now. Don't worry about venting on here, that's what we're here for. We're all in this together and if we can't vent to one another who can we vent to? Good luck...you're in my thoughts!!

.png

Picture1.png

.png.png

nikki-2-1.jpg

Well I'm a new one to join the February group. My husband and I were not prepared for the long journey we were about to begin when we decided to apply for his visa. So, the I-130 was sent Valentine's day (isn't that sweet:) and the check was cashed and I received our NOA yesterday (Feb 26).

Now we wait. Is everyone moving to step #2 and applying for I-129 right away or not?

I'm glad to be on the journey with all of you!

Spring

06-10-07-- met him on a mission trip

11-17-07--second time together in person--engaged

12-01-07-- We got married

01-17-08-- 3 weeks together

02-14-08-- Sent I-130

02-26-08-- Received NOA-1

04-26-08-- 1 week in Panama with him

06-10-08-- Spent 12 wonderful days with the man that I love!

07-28-08--- 7 days with him in Nicaragua!

09-13-08-- Notice of transfer to California

09-18-08---8 days of wedded bliss with my man (of course in Nicaragua)

10-01-08-- Online site states RFE

10-10-08-- RFE for English translation of marriage certificate (they have one but not worth calling about it)

10-10-08-- Translation sent

10-20-08-- Case resumed

10-23-08-- NOA 2 sent in the mail (found out on uscis.gov website)

10-28-08-- NOA 2 hardcopy received

11-12-08-- received DS-3032/ AOS fee bill hard copy (nothing ever on NVC phone AVR)

11-12-08-- paid 1-864 online/ emailed DS-3032

11-17-08-- mail AOS priority

11-18-08--IV fee ready to be paid/ paid online

11-19-08--IV bill "paid" status online

11-20-08--DS230 Express mail to NVC

11-21-08--Both AOS and DS-230 received at NVC @ 10:48 am

11-24-08--Call NVC and "case under review"

11-28-08--Case COMPLETE! Thank the Lord!

12-22-08--Medical exam complete in Managua

01-13-09--Interview in Managua

01-XX-09--Atlanta POE

Timeline
I honestly know nothing about the denials and what they can and cant do about it. I would however take the lawyers advice seriously, they don't tend to lie about this kinda stuff. I hope you can figure things out and are able to see your hubby soon, it's been 70 days since I've seen mine so I know how you must be feeling right now. Don't worry about venting on here, that's what we're here for. We're all in this together and if we can't vent to one another who can we vent to? Good luck...you're in my thoughts!!

Thanks, I'm rooting for you, too!! I am definitely taking the lawyer's advice and staying put. She seems very knowledgeable and competent - not to mention that her advice just makes SENSE. I would absolutely love to have the wedding next month, but it's not worth the risk of damaging the situation further. I just have to focus on doing all of the paperwork ASAP (and thoroughly) to get me down there hassle-free!

I'm SO grateful to have found this site. You guys give me hope. I felt horrible today, but I know things will be okay...

(L)

Timeline

I think I've decided to go the CR1 route. Can you move me to the other column?

Thanks.

01/20/2008 - Married

02/09/2008 - I-130 Sent

02/14/2008 - recieved in Chicago & signed by V BUSTAMANTE

02/21/2008 - NOA1

06/26/2008 - NOA2

07/16/2008 - AOS fee payment

07/29/2008 - IV fee payment

09/03/2008 - Sent I-864EZ

12/05/2008 - Interview in Montreal

12/05/2008 - Visa Approved

12/07/2008 - Activated Visa at Detroit POE

ok its updated! Welcome to the February group Springlett!! :P

Updated!

Edited by Danyel y Miguel

My Timeline

USCIS

02/07/08 - I-130 Sent

02/21/08 - I-130 NOA1

06/13/08 - Case Approved

NVC

Paid AOS - 07/03/08

Sent I-864 - 7/12/08

IV Bill Paid - 07/17/08

DS-230 Sent - 07/26/08

.png

Well I'm a new one to join the February group. My husband and I were not prepared for the long journey we were about to begin when we decided to apply for his visa. So, the I-130 was sent Valentine's day (isn't that sweet:) and the check was cashed and I received our NOA yesterday (Feb 26).

Now we wait. Is everyone moving to step #2 and applying for I-129 right away or not?

I'm glad to be on the journey with all of you!

Spring

not everyone here is going to apply for k-3. I personally am not. it seems by reading all over the forum that the k-3 is being cancelled. its not a FOR SURE thing, (meaning it hasnt been posted on the USCIS website) but if you take a gander around the site and read, you'll find alot of peoples were cancelled. because the CR-1/IR-1 is seeming to be approved quicker than the I-129 and therefore they cancel it. apparently the only thing the k-3 now does for you is slow you case down. soooo thats why I'm not going that route.

if i were you i'd read up around the site a little and make your decision. IMHO.

My Timeline

USCIS

02/07/08 - I-130 Sent

02/21/08 - I-130 NOA1

06/13/08 - Case Approved

NVC

Paid AOS - 07/03/08

Sent I-864 - 7/12/08

IV Bill Paid - 07/17/08

DS-230 Sent - 07/26/08

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.