Firstenburg

Case on hold for calling too much!

96 posts in this topic

Why are ppl calling 'using' the RFE line as if this is some standard procedure? :unsure: I see others asking for "instructions" on how to "do the RFE trick"... :huh:

I understand the frustration, of not hearing anything for months....but calling the service center's RFE dedicated line only to ask them to check the status of your case, is in effect trying to "jump ahead of the line". Then to call every single day....well there's some selfishness there. It just so happens that the OP got someone on the "RFE line" who called him on being selfish....and now she's the rude one?! :blink:

We don't liken USCIS to a "black hole" for nothing.

-P

I have to agree..... if this line you are calling is for the people who have got a RFE and you are using it to try to get info about your non-RFE case then you are trying to jump the gun..... how would you feel if you got a RFE and were trying to find out important info about the RFE and you could not get through all because of people abusing the RFE line to pester the USCIS about your case..... sorry but that is out and out wrong.... if it were a general info line then yeh call every couple of weeks if you must but to abuse a line that is not ment for general calls is SELFISH.....

Wait till you all get to AOS stage or Removal Stage where you can wait for months or even years to hear anything with no phone numbers to call....

EKez

Easy for you to say when you have your wife/husband with you and the wait doesn't seem like an eternity

Good for those who have the ability to be patient, every situations is diferent though,we're all different and act in different ways!!! just my opinion

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Why are ppl calling 'using' the RFE line as if this is some standard procedure? :unsure: I see others asking for "instructions" on how to "do the RFE trick"... :huh:

I understand the frustration, of not hearing anything for months....but calling the service center's RFE dedicated line only to ask them to check the status of your case, is in effect trying to "jump ahead of the line". Then to call every single day....well there's some selfishness there. It just so happens that the OP got someone on the "RFE line" who called him on being selfish....and now she's the rude one?! :blink:

-P

I have to agree..... if this line you are calling is for the people who have got a RFE and you are using it to try to get info about your non-RFE case then you are trying to jump the gun..... how would you feel if you got a RFE and were trying to find out important info about the RFE and you could not get through all because of people abusing the RFE line to pester the USCIS about your case..... sorry but that is out and out wrong.... if it were a general info line then yeh call every couple of weeks if you must but to abuse a line that is not ment for general calls is SELFISH.....

Wait till you all get to AOS stage or Removal Stage where you can wait for months or even years to hear anything with no phone numbers to call....

EKez

Easy for you to say when you have your wife/husband with you and the wait doesn't seem like an eternity

Good for those who have the ability to be patient, every situations is diferent though,we're all different and act in different ways!!! just my opinion

You may wish to remember that most of us that are almost at the end of this visa journey have been where you are right now.... we all had to learn patience and yes some find it easier than others..... but to call a number that is not a general enquiry number and then be angry because they dont help you is just silly..... the number is there for people who have received a RFE not for everyone to use to chase up their case as and when they feel the need....

Sure if you feel your case is taking too long write to everyone you can think of.... make an infopass appointment at your local office and talk to a immigration officer about it.... but dont use a dedicated line as a general info line and then complain when it does not get you what you want....

Kez

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I agree with you in some points Firstenburg...I also was calling, but after last week, I decide to take a different route...You know what helped me was writing letters to people in the Govt., and try to get my points out to those people.... I been married to my spouse for almost 2 years, submitted my petition in November 2006 (way beyond your dates and I am still waiting)... I know it can be hard to be without your love and wanting to start a life together... But my patience level has gone beyond normal and now I am just praying that someone that I wrote a letter to will help!! I wish you luck and tons of Patience on your Journey.

Nita :)

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

-P

EKez

You may wish to remember that most of us that are almost at the end of this visa journey have been where you are right now.... we all had to learn patience and yes some find it easier than others..... but to call a number that is not a general enquiry number and then be angry because they dont help you is just silly..... the number is there for people who have received a RFE not for everyone to use to chase up their case as and when they feel the need....

Sure if you feel your case is taking too long write to everyone you can think of.... make an infopass appointment at your local office and talk to a immigration officer about it.... but dont use a dedicated line as a general info line and then complain when it does not get you what you want....

Kez

did you have to wait 7 months for your petition to be aproved? again sometimes we have to take extreme measures to make things happen!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

good, so writing faxes does help.. :thumbs: look up some of my previous posts (for the link) to write to the different people.. sometimes you do have to complain a lot if nothing gets done (as in my case)..

Edited by gogo

I-130 STAGE 1 : 533 days - 1 year 6 months (4/16/2007 to 9/22/2008)

Priority Date I-130 : 4/16/2007 ( 533 days , APPROVED 9/22/2008)
Transferred to local office based on "security checks" : 11/27/2007
wrote hundreds of letters - received letter from FBI Records Management Chief stating no security checks
local office interview : 2/21/2008 - brought my parents too (result : you will get approval within 2-3 weeks)

5/2/2008 - (lawsuit) Writ of Mandamus - OFFICIAL DATE (7/29/2008)
9/22/2008 - CALL AND EMAIL COPY OF APPROVAL NOTICE FROM LAWYER

NVC STAGE 2 : 99 days - 3 months (9/30/2008 to 1/7/2009)

NVC Received : 9/30/2008
Received Packet 3 (I-864/DS-230) : 11/10/2008
NVC says "RFE sent out 12/9/08 for missing documents" : 12/10/2008
CASE COMPLETE - 1/7/2009

CONSULATE STAGE 3 : 96 days - 3 months (1/8/2009 to 4/14/2009)
CLEARED CUSTOMS - 3/10/2009
**APPOINTMENT DATE : 4/14/2009, 7:15AM**
** BLUE SLIP **

AP STAGE 4 : 97 days - 3 months (4/14/2009 to 7/20/2009)
DOS call to receive I-601 (Waiver of Grounds for Inadmissibility - basically denial) from Guangzhou : 6/24/2009

REMOVAL OF I-601 due to my letters to the USCIS Director, Michael Aytes: 6/29/2009
CALL-IN LETTER NOTIFIED : 7/8/2009
CALL-IN LETTER (APPROVAL)!! : 7/16/2009
ALL DONE!! (got both GREEN CARD & SSN CARD) : 10/1/2009

"http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/194075-feel-like-a-cr-1-csc-castaway/page-60" (pages 53-63) for more updates and letter I wrote to Director Michael Aytes and his replies and back and forth..

HER PARENTS - 10 months so far

I-130 Sent In : 1/7/2013

I-130 Approval : 3/28/2013

Transfer to NVC : 6/12/2013

Case Complete : 8/25/2013

"Ready for Interview" (Ready to wait for 1-3 Months, this is official NVC letter transfer date) : 9/9/2013

DHL Tracking : arrived 9/24/2013

P4 Letter : 11/21/2013

Interview Date : 12/9/2013, originally 12/3, stupid lawyer filled out her dad's passport number wrong..

Interview Passed : 12/9/2013

Visa "Issued" on CEAC : 12/10/2013

I filed in October. Got my NOA1 last month. I have no idea when we'll get a NOA2 but I do know that it will be 6+ months after that until we get an interview.

I guess in general, I don't see that throwing a "if you've been waiting for N months" around as a justification is really going to work with this crowd. Everyone here is dealing with the system. Everyone. And some people have to go through more in terms of background checks, etc. (eg., folks from the middle east). And everyone wants their loved ones to be with them. The justification just does not work.

Further, something I don't understand is attributing some sort of negative motivation to USCIS when it comes to any delays that have been experienced. I seriously doubt that they have team meetings each morning to talk about their quotas for how many people they can screw with or how many families they can keep apart just one extra day. These are people doing a job just like anyone else.

If they wanted to, they could put in a system that asked for your receipt# and they could check to see if there is an outstanding RFE and if there is not, they could reroute you elsewhere. But instead, they take each call. Think about that. Because they certainly do not have to.

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

-P

EKez

This type of comment always gets to me. As you said, we have our husband/wife here w/ us, which means we have already gone through what you're going through. Some of us waited more, some less, but that does not make our advice any less valuable. Nor is the OP's situation justifiable by different people acting in different ways.

The Customer Service 1-800# is there if petitioners have a general inquiry.For petitioners who receive an RFE, USCIS has made available a dedicated line. There is no "Why hasn't my petition been approved after X number of months waiting?" phone line for petitioners to call. I'm sorry. But for someone to call repeatedly over and over on a phone line not there for that purpose....and then get mad at "Becky" because she wouldn't give you her last name, etc....well it is trying to jump ahead of the line and it is selfish.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Timeline

well, you can just write to your senators, congressmen, white house (vice president, president), ombudsman, district attorneys, governor, whoever.. that's what I did.. and fax often to bug the hell out of them.. One of the people called from the senators office and left a message : We received your request and appreciate it if you didn't send more. We recently received 9 faxes just last week regarding your situation. Your original one was sent in November." Write to anything that has a .gov extension =) Make the whole country know about the issue that you are having....

Here's something to get your started :

http://www.duluth.lib.mn.us/Databases/Contact/Federal.html

http://www.visaserve.com/CM/Articles/CIS%2...tact%20List.pdf

Edited by gogo

wrote hundreds of letters - received letter from FBI Records Management Chief stating no security checks
local office interview : 2/21/2008 - brought my parents too (result : you will get approval within 2-3 weeks)

CASE COMPLETE - 1/7/2009

** BLUE SLIP **

DOS call to receive I-601 (Waiver of Grounds for Inadmissibility - basically denial) from Guangzhou : 6/24/2009

REMOVAL OF I-601 due to my letters to the USCIS Director, Michael Aytes: 6/29/2009

"http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/194075-feel-like-a-cr-1-csc-castaway/page-60" (pages 53-63) for more updates and letter I wrote to Director Michael Aytes and his replies and back and forth..

"Ready for Interview" (Ready to wait for 1-3 Months, this is official NVC letter transfer date) : 9/9/2013

Interview Date : 12/9/2013, originally 12/3, stupid lawyer filled out her dad's passport number wrong..

I agree with you in some points Firstenburg...I also was calling, but after last week, I decide to take a different route...You know what helped me was writing letters to people in the Govt., and try to get my points out to those people.... I been married to my spouse for almost 2 years, submitted my petition in November 2006 (way beyond your dates and I am still waiting)... I know it can be hard to be without your love and wanting to start a life together... But my patience level has gone beyond normal and now I am just praying that someone that I wrote a letter to will help!! I wish you luck and tons of Patience on your Journey.

Nita :)

Nita -

Going to bump the thread a bit but what has been the outcome on your senator or congress persons assistance on this wait time - I understand the tension in the region where your SO is, but NOVEMBER 2006??? :angry:

Hugs hun

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

-P

EKez

Kez

did you have to wait 7 months for your petition to be aproved? again sometimes we have to take extreme measures to make things happen!!!!!!

Tell me, what is the litmus test....how many months do we have to have waited before we can comment on an action we feel is not "advisable"?

Calling USCIS on a line dedicated for something else, is not an extreme measure. Its just someone feeling they are entitled to something more than the multitude of average people who file their petitions, have no VJ, don't know the "RFE trick" and wait, and wait and wait.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Timeline

and that's why you should start complaining, haha... like what I did.. I seen people who got transferred to local office way before me (in 2006) and still waiting there for USCIS to do something.. but YOU should do something and make more people aware of your case.. I have provided lots of numbers / contact info for you.. it's all up to you.. I can get you more (but I think it is different because you live in different place to contact your senators, congresmen, and others)..

basically, just be prepared for the "worst-case" scenario as well as the "best case" (approval).. I have talked with my parents and wife and WILL MOVE back to China to be with her if we fail.. I really don't want it that way, but ANYWHERE is good if I am with her... it really doesn't matter.. we can have a happy family in America, China, Iceland, Africa, Antarctica even... we are on this Earth for no more than 100 years (avg).. so enjoy the time with that special someone..

MY RULE : DON'T LET USCIS CONTROL YOUR LIVES AND WHO YOU WANT TO BE WITH... Their system is stupid and inefficient (the right hand doesn't know if the left hand slapped it or not)..

Nita -

Going to bump the thread a bit but what has been the outcome on your senator or congress persons assistance on this wait time - I understand the tension in the region where your SO is, but NOVEMBER 2006??? :angry:

Hugs hun

Edited by gogo

CASE COMPLETE - 1/7/2009

** BLUE SLIP **

Tell me, what is the litmus test....how many months do we have to have waited before we can comment on an action we feel is not "advisable"?

Calling USCIS on a line dedicated for something else, is not an extreme measure. Its just someone feeling they are entitled to something more than the multitude of average people who file their petitions, have no VJ, don't know the "RFE trick" and wait, and wait and wait.

-P

I wont call them, I will wait exactly the seven months, technically it is six months and then you contact your rep Senator Congress person and they can get involved at the seven month period. That is my plan which I will follow if nothing comes up.

Calling USCIS to me has become a joke, if they did their jobs correctly and I dont mean processing in a normal manner, I understand the backlog, but the misinformation is what tee's me off to the 18th hole, that is my argument. Do not tell someone something that you do not know when its your job and your title function to be CSR or IO unless you know exactly what is going on.

Why do people get so upset besides the craziness of the timelines right now, again ask yourself this....if someone said, we are out of control here sorry mates, but give us a few months to sort things out, or maybe a year, well you get the jest, you can try to plan your life around that, but as it stands, five people called USCIS in one day, with the same question, and yes, true story , five different answers and not one was even remotely close to another. That is not how an agency, corporation non profit for profit should operate. That is called mismangement - and if that were my job, I would be fired, flat out the door on my ####### for that issue alone.

So that is why I do not call them anymore - why should I - they will say exactly what their website says and that is not saying alot nowadays.

Cheers

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Timeline

you go girl!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :dance: :dance:

CASE COMPLETE - 1/7/2009

** BLUE SLIP **

-P

EKez

you can see your spouse while waiting for your approval :clock: so you don't go crazy.

-P

I wont call them, I will wait exactly the seven months, technically it is six months and then you contact your rep Senator Congress person and they can get involved at the seven month period. That is my plan which I will follow if nothing comes up.

Calling USCIS to me has become a joke, if they did their jobs correctly and I dont mean processing in a normal manner, I understand the backlog, but the misinformation is what tee's me off to the 18th hole, that is my argument. Do not tell someone something that you do not know when its your job and your title function to be CSR or IO unless you know exactly what is going on.

Why do people get so upset besides the craziness of the timelines right now, again ask yourself this....if someone said, we are out of control here sorry mates, but give us a few months to sort things out, or maybe a year, well you get the jest, you can try to plan your life around that, but as it stands, five people called USCIS in one day, with the same question, and yes, true story , five different answers and not one was even remotely close to another. That is not how an agency, corporation non profit for profit should operate. That is called mismangement - and if that were my job, I would be fired, flat out the door on my ####### for that issue alone.

So that is why I do not call them anymore - why should I - they will say exactly what their website says and that is not saying alot nowadays.

Cheers

Good attitude :thumbs: . We didn't kept tabs on USCIS :lol: . just wait for their timeline processing time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.