kcmetzy

After reading this..

78 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

mumsie-I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what kind of infection (likely parasite) you could have gotten from flinging all those feces that could lead to your particular strain of mental disorder. can't come up with anything yet.

oh, thought of Toxoplasma-of course not known in human feces. are you throwing cat feces by any chance?

Edited by thermophile

met summer 1999, summer 2000 hooked up-whoo hoo summer fling

summer fling failed to fizzle, married 2003

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

4/1/04 no word from NE contacted senators office, app found

NOA1 4/13/04

Gave up on ridiculously long US process-started Canadian

12/4/04 submitted app

LSS app returned because of missed signatures, lost in transit, resubmitted in June

9/28/05 landed, yippie

10/4/05 fly back to US to "finish up Master's" lose mind and switch to PhD

Damn it back to the US process

3/something/2005 finally get NOA2, no idea why it took so long

4/15/07 get case approval from NVC

8/9/07 Montreal here we come

10/14/07 hubby activated his visa

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a difference between a presumption of immigrant intent (applies to everyone) and the rights accorded by a visa class, is all I'm saying. And the only reason I brought up the visa class is you often see people whining about say, derivative spousal visa off of H1-Bs or J-1s, and the reason they're subject to a different process is that they don't incur the same benefits.

No ticket to permanent residency. No right to work. No long stay permitted. That's why Winehouse can get in. She's not on a path to permanent residency and is not likely to immigrate. Ron is.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline

I have no issues with derivative spouse visas off of employment visas. And yes, most employment visas aren't permanent residence visas but they can often be renewed for years. My complaint deals with the speed that employment visas are processed compared to family based visas. Many of the employment visas can pay for "premium processing", for an extra $1,000 all the processing at USCIS will be completed within 15 business days. If that service were offered for family visas, we could pay the fee and everything from submission of the i-30 to completion at NCV (for ir1 visa path) would be completed in 15 days. However, expedited service is illegal for individuals-but not for those super individuals, corporations. That type of discrimination is ingrained in the current system.

met summer 1999, summer 2000 hooked up-whoo hoo summer fling

summer fling failed to fizzle, married 2003

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

4/1/04 no word from NE contacted senators office, app found

NOA1 4/13/04

Gave up on ridiculously long US process-started Canadian

12/4/04 submitted app

LSS app returned because of missed signatures, lost in transit, resubmitted in June

9/28/05 landed, yippie

10/4/05 fly back to US to "finish up Master's" lose mind and switch to PhD

Damn it back to the US process

3/something/2005 finally get NOA2, no idea why it took so long

4/15/07 get case approval from NVC

8/9/07 Montreal here we come

10/14/07 hubby activated his visa

Filed: Timeline
There's a difference between a presumption of immigrant intent (applies to everyone) and the rights accorded by a visa class, is all I'm saying. And the only reason I brought up the visa class is you often see people whining about say, derivative spousal visa off of H1-Bs or J-1s, and the reason they're subject to a different process is that they don't incur the same benefits.

No ticket to permanent residency. No right to work. No long stay permitted. That's why Winehouse can get in. She's not on a path to permanent residency and is not likely to immigrate. Ron is.

Caladan my friend, wish it was true, but it's BS (not your argument, the whole thing with A.Wino). This woman got the visa a lot of folks get denied because she is a celebrity. I am not talking about immigrant visas; but simple tourist visas being denied on much more blah items than proven and ongoing drug abuse (i.e. AP). People in VJ are not able to visit their dying relatives because of some #######-case argument (as in your name is a little suspicious) and this wreck gets a visa just like that? I'm sorry but it's effed up, from whichever side I look at it.

Peace, L.

According to the NYT, her visa was revoked and she's not permitted to attend. Is this correct, or has something changed?

AOS

-

Filed: Timeline
According to the NYT, her visa was revoked and she's not permitted to attend. Is this correct, or has something changed?

Apparently she will not show. Good.- Go back and overdose already skanky.

Case closed.... now can Ron/Sharon plzzzz have his visa???????????? We luv him :wub:

Apparently she will not show. Good.- Go back and overdose already skanky.

Case closed.... now can Ron/Sharon plzzzz have his visa???????????? We luv him :wub:

Seriously. Our government needs to pull the bug out of its butt and get him the visa. I can see needing to rubberstamp a waiver but not it taking a year for someone to look at it.

AOS

-

In any case, Ron needs to record a song, perhaps a blues album. VJ will buy it, and then we will get him in on a celebrity award visa.

Yes!

A formidable idea.

:star: :star: :star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
mumsie-I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what kind of infection (likely parasite) you could have gotten from flinging all those feces that could lead to your particular strain of mental disorder. can't come up with anything yet.

oh, thought of Toxoplasma-of course not known in human feces. are you throwing cat feces by any chance?

:lol: Now that you mention it, I was watching Gandhi. :lol::lol::lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

After I posted I saw how what you were saying could be interpreted another way. I agree with your point. :thumbs:

IR5

Timeline

Gotta go, Jenny McNeil is on. :lol:

In any case, Ron needs to record a song, perhaps a blues album. VJ will buy it, and then we will get him in on a celebrity award visa.

Yes!

A formidable idea.

:star::star::star:

I'll just download it using Limewire. :lol:

IR5

Timeline

No. Whinehouse got the visa, but supposedly she didnt have enough titm (48 hrs???) to make it to the grammys, I belive she did perform via satelite??

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't understand why she was granted this visa after being originally denied. Where's the benefit? What does the U.S. government get out of it?

It's not like she'd be staying and potentially adding to the U.S. economy and they didn't decide to keep her out, so they can't stand on the grounds of "preventing unwanted elements from entering the United States" so I must ask again: where's the benefit? It seems like she was granted a temporary visa for the pure sake of attaining one, with no payoff in at all. That makes no sense whatsoever -- especially in light of her obvious (and self-admitted) drug use.

Gotta go, Jenny McNeil is on. :lol:

Yes!

A formidable idea.

:star::star::star:

I'll just download it using Limewire. :lol:

Oops!

So did I!

Bad habit (hits own hand).

:lol:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

All rules apply only to common middle class people. I thought this was already known to everyone...

Imagine my disgust (and steady streams of "####### dude") when I read that our senator expedited the passage of two dogs to the USA. They were adopted by a soldier in Iraq and, when he died in his sleep, his family wanted to adopt the dogs. Yay for the dogs.

Bah for my husband and me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.