Eternal Love

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

20 posts in this topic

:star: HI TO ALL VJER'S !!! FIRST OF ALL I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL GUYS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT YOU EXTENDED TO US DURING OUR JOURNEY!! PRAISED BE JESUS AND MARY!!! I PASSED MY INTERVIEW!!

I CHECKED-IN AT SOUTHERN CROSS HOTEL LAST NIGHT AT 7PM AND HAD MY DINNER AT ROBINSON'S CHOWKING. I SAID MY WEDNESDAY NOVENA INSIDE MY ROOM COZ ERMITA SHRINE IS FULL OF CHURCHGOERS EVEN AT THE CHURCHYARD. I SET MY ALARM AT 3:30 BUT I WAS AHEAD AT 2:30 .SINCE THEN I COULDN'T GET BACK TO SLEEP ANYMORE UNTIL I DECIDED TO TAKE A BATH AND GOT READY FOR THE INTERVIEW.

YES DURING THE PRELIMINARY ROUTINES ( lining up for ticket, etc..) I NEVER KNEW WHAT'S REALLY IN STORE FOR ME ( btw i was with mayeth and marissa fellow vjers ) NOT UNTIL MARISSA WAS CALLED FIRST ( she was 7059, mine is 7058 and mayeth 7057 ) TO WINDOW 24 FOR PRE-SCREENING, AND THERE WE LEARNED HOW THE PROCESS WILL GO ON.

1. it really pays off to follow some tips posted in here: i felt bad that right at the entrance, the first violator of bringing electronic gadget was the accompanying fiance who brought with him a camera, i-pod, cellphone ( only to find out later that his fiancee is incomplete of forms and doesn't have visa pics at hand ), and some of the ladies behind us were still accomplishing some of their forms had not the guard announced to get ready for ds forms to get a queueng ticket at the booth.

2. 9:30> i was the last one to be called from among the three of us ( calling of ticket numbers is randomized and does not strictly follow the order of the queueng ticket ) WINDOW 22: the lady pre-screener was so nice - she first asked for my original love letters ( HUH :blink: ?), i don't have much of that but i offered my tons of greeting cards and she accepted it, notarized affividavit of support, chatlogs instead of phonebills ( i brought with me my 1 box of globe prepaid cards ) call card bills, tax transcripts, emails, pictures, too bad i was not able to show them our picture book ( it cannot be bent on the slot ), original employment letters, original bank statement.. that's it!!

3. while submitting all the documents she asked me, she started asking my complete name, age, my work: fiancee's name, age, what is she doing in the US and does she still lives with her mom? and what interested her most was how Michelle and I met, since when do I know her, how we communicated for such a long time, etc etc etc.. SHE WAS IN AWE AFTER LISTENING TO MY REVELATIONS!!!

4. after that friendly pre-screening she told to go back to my seat and wait for my name to be flashed again so she could get my fingerprints and not to line up at window 33, i did it after 5 minutes....

5. In about 10 minutes, my number is flashed again and oh my God!! window 30 :yes: . Marissa was called first then mayeth and my turn. We were almost simultaneous in entering our own cubicles.

6. I waited for about a minute and was able to say APOSTLE'S CREED exactly when the applicant went out of the cubicle. As I was entering the cubicle, the kind consul greeted me and welcomed me to the US embassy and told me to sit down and relax.. after a while he told me to raise my right hand and I swore for the truthfulness of anything i would say and declare to him. I don't know if it's just a coincidence coz he had the same set of questions and again got really interested with how Michelle and I started our relationship as that with the lady in WINDOW 22. And i easily responded to all his questions. He did npot even bother to ask me additional documents that I had although I was showing all to him what I have. he was too busy working on his computer while talking to me and whispering to himself that he got all the info he needed. Then to finalize his interview with me, he verified my finger print using my left thumb ... and that's it!!! 3 minutes is done!!!

7. I was waiting for him to say something if I am approved or not and as he rose up to his seat, he just said "Congrats and we'll see you at the next window !!! and walked away from his seat...... tsk tsk tsk.. i had no opportunity to present my request letter to pick up.... twa's already 10:25 a.m.

8. I went to back to my seat and Marissa was already there, after 3 minutes Mayeth followed. We waited again for our names to be called... i don't know but the two ladies were the first one to be called at window 38. they got their claim stub and all the documents submitted earlier. After 3 more minutes my name was called and I tried to present my request letter there to the Filipino rep but she turned me down and asked her if I could still go back to the consul but she said I can't. And so I settled for DELROS DELIVERY...

9. God, please help me once again to have my visa and passport before my flight on the 15th!!! AMEN.

10. The three of us treated ourselves with a lunch at Chowking - with my ultimate LOMI!!! SARAP!!! :yes:

:( Some say it's tough during the interview date, yes it is!! But what makes it tough is that when you have not enough documents to show ( it's better to have or complete them rather than to scratch your head coz you don't have such ) especially that we are in a case-to-case basis., that of having co-sponsors, divorced fiance/fiancee....etc..

:star: One thing more, you should internalize all your answers feeling the genuiness of your love and truthfulness of your promises and vow to your fiance/fiancee..... and you can easily respond to the pre-screener and consul.

That's my experience for the day and after the lunch upon chacking-out at the hotel i called on Michelle to tell the good news as I was signing to YM on the internet shop beside the hotel. (L)

June 11 - Mailed I-129F to TSC

June 14 - CSC Received I-129F

June 20 - I-129F Notice Date

Nov 2 - NOA2

Nov 8 - NOA 2 hard copy

Nov 20 - Package left NVC

Nov. 26 - USEM received our packet from NVC

Jan 8- Early Medical, received Packet 4

Jan 10- Medical Passed after 3 days in SLEC!!! Whew!!!

Jan 17: Early CFO seminar

Jan 30 - SLEC Medical Exam Appt

Feb 7th - INTERVIEW appointment at USEM (APPROVED!!!)

Feb 12th - Visa on Hand!

Feb 15th - Patrick's departure

Feb 18 - Pat filed for Social Security # and we applied for marriage license

March 1- WEDDING DAY

March 14 - Pat got his SS card thru the mail

Mid-April - We received our marriage license in the mail

May 2- Michelle's graduation :)

May 5- AOS Filing

May 13 - NOA 1 for AED AOS

May 31 - Biometrics

June 25- Notice of Tranfer of Docs to CSC

July 16 - EAD - Card Production Ordered

July 24 - EAD Card RECEIVED

July 25 - AOS WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

July 28 - GREEN CARD received!!!

April 30,2010 - I-751 sent to VSC

May 04, 2010 - I-767C

MARCH29, 2012 - N-400 SENT

:star: HI TO ALL VJER'S !!! FIRST OF ALL I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL GUYS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT YOU EXTENDED TO US DURING OUR JOURNEY!! PRAISED BE JESUS AND MARY!!! I PASSED MY INTERVIEW!!

I CHECKED-IN AT SOUTHERN CROSS HOTEL LAST NIGHT AT 7PM AND HAD MY DINNER AT ROBINSON'S CHOWKING. I SAID MY WEDNESDAY NOVENA INSIDE MY ROOM COZ ERMITA SHRINE IS FULL OF CHURCHGOERS EVEN AT THE CHURCHYARD. I SET MY ALARM AT 3:30 BUT I WAS AHEAD AT 2:30 .SINCE THEN I COULDN'T GET BACK TO SLEEP ANYMORE UNTIL I DECIDED TO TAKE A BATH AND GOT READY FOR THE INTERVIEW.

YES DURING THE PRELIMINARY ROUTINES ( lining up for ticket, etc..) I NEVER KNEW WHAT'S REALLY IN STORE FOR ME ( btw i was with mayeth and marissa fellow vjers ) NOT UNTIL MARISSA WAS CALLED FIRST ( she was 7059, mine is 7058 and mayeth 7057 ) TO WINDOW 24 FOR PRE-SCREENING, AND THERE WE LEARNED HOW THE PROCESS WILL GO ON.

1. it really pays off to follow some tips posted in here: i felt bad that right at the entrance, the first violator of bringing electronic gadget was the accompanying fiance who brought with him a camera, i-pod, cellphone ( only to find out later that his fiancee is incomplete of forms and doesn't have visa pics at hand ), and some of the ladies behind us were still accomplishing some of their forms had not the guard announced to get ready for ds forms to get a queueng ticket at the booth.

2. 9:30> i was the last one to be called from among the three of us ( calling of ticket numbers is randomized and does not strictly follow the order of the queueng ticket ) WINDOW 22: the lady pre-screener was so nice - she first asked for my original love letters ( HUH :blink: ?), i don't have much of that but i offered my tons of greeting cards and she accepted it, notarized affividavit of support, chatlogs instead of phonebills ( i brought with me my 1 box of globe prepaid cards ) call card bills, tax transcripts, emails, pictures, too bad i was not able to show them our picture book ( it cannot be bent on the slot ), original employment letters, original bank statement.. that's it!!

3. while submitting all the documents she asked me, she started asking my complete name, age, my work: fiancee's name, age, what is she doing in the US and does she still lives with her mom? and what interested her most was how Michelle and I met, since when do I know her, how we communicated for such a long time, etc etc etc.. SHE WAS IN AWE AFTER LISTENING TO MY REVELATIONS!!!

4. after that friendly pre-screening she told to go back to my seat and wait for my name to be flashed again so she could get my fingerprints and not to line up at window 33, i did it after 5 minutes....

5. In about 10 minutes, my number is flashed again and oh my God!! window 30 :yes: . Marissa was called first then mayeth and my turn. We were almost simultaneous in entering our own cubicles.

6. I waited for about a minute and was able to say APOSTLE'S CREED exactly when the applicant went out of the cubicle. As I was entering the cubicle, the kind consul greeted me and welcomed me to the US embassy and told me to sit down and relax.. after a while he told me to raise my right hand and I swore for the truthfulness of anything i would say and declare to him. I don't know if it's just a coincidence coz he had the same set of questions and again got really interested with how Michelle and I started our relationship as that with the lady in WINDOW 22. And i easily responded to all his questions. He did npot even bother to ask me additional documents that I had although I was showing all to him what I have. he was too busy working on his computer while talking to me and whispering to himself that he got all the info he needed. Then to finalize his interview with me, he verified my finger print using my left thumb ... and that's it!!! 3 minutes is done!!!

7. I was waiting for him to say something if I am approved or not and as he rose up to his seat, he just said "Congrats and we'll see you at the next window !!! and walked away from his seat...... tsk tsk tsk.. i had no opportunity to present my request letter to pick up.... twa's already 10:25 a.m.

8. I went to back to my seat and Marissa was already there, after 3 minutes Mayeth followed. We waited again for our names to be called... i don't know but the two ladies were the first one to be called at window 38. they got their claim stub and all the documents submitted earlier. After 3 more minutes my name was called and I tried to present my request letter there to the Filipino rep but she turned me down and asked her if I could still go back to the consul but she said I can't. And so I settled for DELROS DELIVERY...

9. God, please help me once again to have my visa and passport before my flight on the 15th!!! AMEN.

10. The three of us treated ourselves with a lunch at Chowking - with my ultimate LOMI!!! SARAP!!! :yes:

:( Some say it's tough during the interview date, yes it is!! But what makes it tough is that when you have not enough documents to show ( it's better to have or complete them rather than to scratch your head coz you don't have such ) especially that we are in a case-to-case basis., that of having co-sponsors, divorced fiance/fiancee....etc..

:star: One thing more, you should internalize all your answers feeling the genuiness of your love and truthfulness of your promises and vow to your fiance/fiancee..... and you can easily respond to the pre-screener and consul.

That's my experience for the day and after the lunch upon chacking-out at the hotel i called on Michelle to tell the good news as I was signing to YM on the internet shop beside the hotel. (L)

WOW and congratz again! Thank you for sharing!! :thumbs:

I-130 PETITION

May-11-07 Mailed I-130 to CSC

Sept-14-07 I-130 APPROVED!!!!..after 100 days!

NVC Process

Sept-24-07 NVC rec'd case/assigned number

Jan-04-08 NVC CASE COMPLETE

USEM

Feb-14-2008 INTERVIEW IN USEManila APPROVED!!!

Feb-19-2008 Visa in HAND!! Wohoo!!!

IN TEXAS

Feb-28-2008 POE DFW

Mar-24-2008 Receive Green Card on Mail..

REMOVING CONDITIONS NOV..

Jan-11-2010 Mailed I-175 to VSC

IT'S MY PLEASURE , THANKS TOOO AND GOOD LUCK.. YOU MUST BE LUCKY COZ IT'S ON THE HAPPY HEARTS DAY!!

Nov 2 - NOA2

Nov 8 - NOA 2 hard copy

Feb 12th - Visa on Hand!

March 1- WEDDING DAY

May 5- AOS Filing

May 31 - Biometrics

May 04, 2010 - I-767C

Congratulations!!! :dance::dance::dance:

...hope you get your visa soon enough and have a safe trip to the US. :thumbs:

mikeandlani

our Visa Journey

09.01.06 - Filed I130 to VSC

05.21.07 - NOA2

06.19.07 - NVC receives Petition

11.23.07 - CASE COMPLETE

01.30.08 - USEM Interview

02.02.08 - CR1 Visa Received

03.03.08 - Entered US through Detroit International

03.27.08 - Received 2yr Conditional Resident Card

04.01.08 - Filed for my SSN at the local SSA office

04.05.08 - SSN received by mail

05.03.08 - Finally got my Driver's License

lifting conditions....

I-I-751

12.07.09 - Sent I-751 to VSC by express mail

12.08.09 - I-751 delivered to VSC per USPS tracking :-)

12.09.09 - NOA1 date (Checked cashed :-D)

12.14.09 - Received NOA1

12.18.09 - ASC Appointment Notice Date

12.26.09 - Received ASC Appointment Notice

12.31.09 - Early Biometrics

01.14.10 - Biometrics Schedule

02.26.10 - Email update --Card Production ordered

03.02.10 - Email update --Approval Notice sent

03.06.10 - Approval Notice Received

03.08.10 - Card Received

Naturalization

I-N400

09.09.11 - Sent N400 to USCIS Dallas Lockbox

09.23.11 - Received 1-797 by mail

11.17.11 - Biometrics Schedule

01.25.12 - Received Interview and Exam Notice by mail

02.28.12 - Interview schedule

03.28.12 - Oath Ceremony

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing!

Amy & Ola

LOVE is in your heart not to stay, but to be shared

I-130

2006-Met Online!

3/2/07-Married in Lagos!

3/12/07- Mailed I-130 to CSC

3/19/07-CSC received application

3/23/07-Received NOA-1 in mail from CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

7/31/07-Touched!- Could this be a sign?God I hope so!

8/01/07-APPROVAL-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/06/07-Received hardcopy NOA-2 in mail from CSC

K-3

3/?/07-Mailed I-129F to Chicago

4/9/07-Received at Chicago

4/11/07-Recieved NOA-1 Case being transferred to CSC

4/25/07-Received NOA-1 Case at CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

7/31/07-Touched!- Could this be a sign?God I hope so!

8/01/07-Approval-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/06/07-Received hardcopy NOA-2 in mail from CSC

8/29/07-Called NVC was told my petition was sent to Lagos Cons. Aug.22, 2007 got my case #

8/31/07-Received NVC Approval Letter in the Mail

9/4/07-Husband picked up packets 3 and 4-Interview Date Set for Oct.31st, 2007!

10/31/07-K3 Interview-APPROVED!!!!!!

11/06/07-Pick up Visa

11/10/07-POE Atlanta

AOS JOURNEY

12/21/07-Mailed AOS to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

12/23/07-Chicago Lockbox received AOS and EAD petition

01/04/08-NOA1 received for AOS and EAD via mail

01/29/08-Biometrics!

02/19/08-Touched! EAD Card Production Ordered

02/26/08-Email from CRIS EAD Approval Letter sent out

02/27/08-EAD Card received in mail

02/28/08-Applied for SS#

03/01/08-Received AOS Appt. Letter in Mail(No touches or emails on this case)

04/29/08-AOS Interview! Approved!

Congratulations!!! :dance::dance::dance:

...hope you get your visa soon enough and have a safe trip to the US. :thumbs:

THANK YOU!! :star: I JUST REALLY HOPE THAT MY VISA WILL ARRIVE SOON!!

Nov 2 - NOA2

Nov 8 - NOA 2 hard copy

Feb 12th - Visa on Hand!

March 1- WEDDING DAY

May 5- AOS Filing

May 31 - Biometrics

May 04, 2010 - I-767C

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

We'll keep you in our prayers for a speedy visa delivery. CONGRATULATIONS!

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

WOW and congratz again! Thank you for sharing!! :thumbs:

IT'S MY PLEASURE , THANKS TOOO AND GOOD LUCK.. YOU MUST BE LUCKY COZ IT'S ON THE HAPPY HEARTS DAY!!

Nov 2 - NOA2

Nov 8 - NOA 2 hard copy

Feb 12th - Visa on Hand!

March 1- WEDDING DAY

May 5- AOS Filing

May 31 - Biometrics

May 04, 2010 - I-767C

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats and thanks for sharing..too many approval and cannot keep up with it :lol: ..congrats to everybody! :thumbs: ..we don't even have a love letter too :lol:

AOS Process:

Mar. 11, 2008- ARRIVED US

Mar. 12, 2008- got married

00-00-0000-Temple wedding-Mormon church

Mar.13, 2008-completed vaccinations-I693A supplement from CS

Mar. 18, 2008- sent the AOS package(I-485 and EAD)..applied for SSN..

Mar.19, 2008-Delivered. signed for by V Bustamante-took and passed written driving test

Mar.25, 2008-Check cashed-Received SSN

Mar.27,2008-Received NOA's in mail-Case available online

Mar.28, 2008-Received Biometrics appointment in mail-04/08/08

Apr.08,2008-Biometrics DONE

Apr.08-09,2008-TOUCHED

Apr.14,2008-Transfer Notice date to California(I-485)

Apr.17,2008-Received Notice in the mail about the transfer

Apr.20 and 22,2008-I-485 TOUCHED..No touch on EAD

Apr.24, 2008-Received AR driver license

May 07, 08, 09, 12, 13, 2008- I-485 TOUCHED..

May 16, 2008- I-765 Card production ordered -1st email

May 19, 2008- I-485 TOUCHED

May 21, 2008-I-765 Card production ordered-2nd email

May 22, 2008- I-765 TOUCHED

May 23, 2008-I765 Approval notice sent-3rd email

May 24, 2008- EAD in hand

May 28, 2008-AOS Card production ordered..yehey!!!got another email saying "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

May 29, 2008-AOS TOUCHED

June 03, 2008- Green Card in hand

:dance::dance::dance: Congrats!!! :dance::dance::dance:

03/21/06- Met online

10/13/06- Met in person (Los Angeles USA) (three weeks)

12/20/06- Met in person (Kuala Lumpur Malaysia) (three weeks)

02/13/07- Met in person (Nagoya Japan) (two days)

06/21/07- Met in person (Portland Oregon (via PDX), USA) (three weeks)

11/30/07- Met in person (Portland Oregon (via LAX), USA) (six weeks)

12/12/07- Got married (In a Light House!!!)

01/18/08- I-130 sent

01/21/08- I-130 received at Chicago Lock Box

02/15/08- Check cashed

02/26/08- NOA1 received (Notice date: 2/12/2008)

02/19/08- Touched

04/23/08- Met in person (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) (one week)

04/30/08- Here I am in USA!!!!

05/19/08- I-130 approved!

05/27/08- NVC received our application and case number assigned

06/02/08- DS-3032 sent & AOS Bill Generated

06/05/08- Paid AOS Bill online

06/16/08- DS-3032 email accepted by NVC

08/28/08- Case completed!

10/21/08- Interview date (Rescheduled by US Embassy- Original date 10/28)-PASSED!!!

10/22/08- Visa in hand!

10/31/08- POE- Seattle, WA

11/12/08- Received SSN in mail!

11/20/08- Got my WA driving license!

I-751

08/03/10- I-751 sent

08/09/10- NOA

08/24/10- Biometrics

10/28/10- Case approved

.png

Congrats :thumbs:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.