James

Old TSC cases transferred to VSC

1,810 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
No new news from us either. It is just making us very nervous. I'm sorry to ask a stupid question but what does RFE stand for. I didn't know where to look it up, but was thinking it stood for denial. I hope that isn't in our future.

request for further evidence. Does not automatically mean a denial. :)

That will make me even angrier!!!!! Further evidence??? Meaning that we send once more the package and only GOD will know where is going to end up and in what hands!!!! I am NOT looking forward for RFE!!!! That will be a mess!!!!

06/28/2004. Happily Married in Miami Florida.

09/??/2004 Send I-130, 486 Package and ETC. for AOS

01/??/05 Workers permit received.

Got Social Security Card!!!

08/29/2005 Interview went awesome!

09/??/2005 Green Card arrived!!!!!!!! YUPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removal of Conditions:

06/01/2007 Send package to TEXAS Service Center

06/07/2007 Received NOA

09/20/2007 Went to get an stamp, denied stamp at the Miami USCIS Office =(

01/31/2008 Transfer to Vermont Service Center (after almost 8 months!)

02/22/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

02/26/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. (Last Touched)

07/01/2008 : still waiting for a miracle after 390 days of suffering....

07/02/2008: Infopass Appointment. passport Stamp....

07/03/2008: Incredible!!!! Card Production Ordered!!!!!!

07/04/2008: Touched. Duplicate email Card Production Order

07/07/2008: Touched

07/08/2008: Touched. Email with notice of approval

07/09/2008: Touched again!

07/11/2008: CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!!! THANKS!!!! WELLCOME IMMIGRANT LETTER!!! :P

Naturalization Process:

06/23/2010: 06/23/2010 - Send N400 after 5 years of permanent residency. Good luck !

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
No new news from us either. It is just making us very nervous. I'm sorry to ask a stupid question but what does RFE stand for. I didn't know where to look it up, but was thinking it stood for denial. I hope that isn't in our future.

That will make me even angrier!!!!! Further evidence??? Meaning that we send once more the package and only GOD will know where is going to end up and in what hands!!!! I am NOT looking forward for RFE!!!! That will be a mess!!!!

Imalin, seriously, you need to relax, you're gonna burst something. Let's not worry about getting an RFE, shall we? We'll cross that bridge when/if it ever comes :)

Edited by Cassie

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

Imalin, seriously, you need to relax, you're gonna burst something. Let's not worry about getting an RFE, shall we? We'll cross that bridge when/if it ever comes :)

I will try but... his is not easy.... I want to get rid of USCIS for a while.... but thanks anyways for the support!

Removal of Conditions:

06/07/2007 Received NOA

02/26/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. (Last Touched)

07/11/2008: CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!!! THANKS!!!! WELLCOME IMMIGRANT LETTER!!! :P

Naturalization Process:

06/23/2010: 06/23/2010 - Send N400 after 5 years of permanent residency. Good luck !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Yeah I open the USCIS site frequently to see the status of our case, now rapidly approaching 1 year, and it hasn't been touched since 2/25. Guess the best we all can do is lean back, relax, and see how fast VSC processes our cases. What else is one to do?

I will try but... his is not easy.... I want to get rid of USCIS for a while.... but thanks anyways for the support!

Timeline

I hear you and completely understand, it's a hard hard wait. :)

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

Having this forum is great just so that we aren't totally in the dark (which is exactly where USCIS is leaving us!).

I checked the processing dates for the I-751 for TSC and VSC. As of Feb 15th, TSC is at April 26th, 2007, VSC is at March 1st, 2007, and they are both marked green. Does VSC really consider finishing I-751's that are 50 weeks old to be meeting their goals (and marking it green)? I'm very curious to see that status webpage when it is updated--will the processing date move past our submission dates without us hearing anything? If it does, that would be a very bad sign.

I managed to get an immigration officer on the phone, and he told me that after the 1 year extension letter expires, we can make an appointment in a field office, and they should stamp our passport with another one year extension.

Their processing website also states, "In particular, naturalization applications filed after June 1, 2007 may take approximately 16-18 months to process." Are they serious? So when we submit an N-400, it takes a year and a half before they even look at it?

Wow. I can't imagine where they keep all these applications. They must have a file storage area bigger than walmart.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Well, still no news. I called my senator's office again. The caseworker only knew that the case had been transferred to VSC and was under review. They told her to expect to hear something at the end of the month. She expressed frustration at not being able to get an answer from USCIS, and said she had "complained to Washington." So I guess no one is getting answers.

My main fear is that they will send a notice of RFE or Interview and it will get lost in the mail. This happened to my friend......I think they should send those things certified mail or at least update the system so that you know to expect it....

I-751

I-751 received at TSC: 4/05/07

NOA Date: 04/20/07

Walk-in Biometrics: 04/25/07

Transferred to VSC: 02/01/08

Transfer email received: 02/22/08

Last Touch: 02/25/08

Received e-mail "Card Production Ordered": 04/25/08

Green Card received: 05/01/08

N-400

Sent to TSC: 04/07/08

Received at TSC: 04/09/08

Check Cashed: 04/11/08

Priority Date: 04/09/08

NOA Date: 04/15/08

Biometrics Date: 04/29/08

Interview Date: 08/13/08-Passed!

Oath Letter Received: 09/11/08

Oath Ceremony: 09/24/08

Timeline
As of Feb 15th, TSC is at April 26th, 2007, VSC is at March 1st, 2007, and they are both marked green. Does VSC really consider finishing I-751's that are 50 weeks old to be meeting their goals (and marking it green)?

The colours on the processing page don't mean anything. If you look closely, it alternates between green and yellow when the form # changes. It just happens that on both TSC and VSC pages, the I-751 form is in green :)

Timeline
Their processing website also states, "In particular, naturalization applications filed after June 1, 2007 may take approximately 16-18 months to process." Are they serious? So when we submit an N-400, it takes a year and a half before they even look at it?

Yes, it's been very widely reported the delays in processing naturalization applications right now. Historically, they have never been prompt (usually a year that I saw), but right now, with the influx of petitions before the fee increase, it's a super long wait.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i just went through over 120 posts trying to catch up. interesting cat fight - interesting stats james.

...but, i see nothing has really changed. no approvals!! i've been waiting over a year - i wonder if i can try to sue for services not rendered yet.

Timeline

3/09/07 - Mailed out I-751 to TSC - expiration date is 03/13/07 - Cutting it close!

3/12/07 - USPS confirms delivery

3/13/07 - Check clears bank

3/21/07 - Reciept for BioMetrics Fee

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
i just went through over 120 posts trying to catch up. interesting cat fight - interesting stats james.

...but, i see nothing has really changed. no approvals!! i've been waiting over a year - i wonder if i can try to sue for services not rendered yet.

Nobody has any idea what is going on. And that includes CIS. I'm pretty sure how fast or slow we are processed at VSC -- whether we are put at the top or bottom of the pile -- has been left up to Paul Novak, the director of VSC (with an assist from his deputy, Sandra Bushey).

There will be a two-minute hate this morning at 11:00 a.m. EDT.

Meh

Timeline
Did anyone have success with changing the Social Security Card to one without work restriction using the extension letter?

I want to try it.

Thanks,

S.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED TO ME LAST THRUSDAY IN MIAMI FLORIDA:

Lack of communication between agencies!!!!

Listen:

I went yesterday to the Social security building here in Miami Florida. Something told me to lie and I told them that I lost my SS card and I need it a replacement one (as you may remember I never took the conditions out of my social security card) well, when the clerk told me that my green card was expired I explained to him that I had a NOA with an extension, which allows me to work and travel in the US. He then told me that he could not re issue a SS Card because for the SS department the NOA IS NOT VALID!!! Yes!!! NOT VALID!!!! so, he asked me If I had a stamp on my passport and I explained to him that it was expired just like the green card, so he replied that I need it to go to immigration to get my passport stamp and then they will be able to give me a social. Despite of me telling him that I lost my social, and I needed it, and telling him that the NOA was exactly the same thing as the stamp on my passport, he refused to give me a social....

SORRY, BUT YOU REALLY HAVE TO LOVE THIS COUNTRY!

I know is my fault, or maybe because I did not know better and I never change my social when I should, but one of the clerk’s answers astonished me :"immigration has its own rules and we (SS DEPT) have our own" LOVELY!

Now, I wont even try to go to USCIS because my NOA expires on August and they wont stamp my passport, it will be a waist of time!

Removal of Conditions:

06/07/2007 Received NOA

Naturalization Process:

Did anyone have success with changing the Social Security Card to one without work restriction using the extension letter?

I want to try it.

Thanks,

S.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED TO ME LAST THRUSDAY IN MIAMI FLORIDA:

Lack of communication between agencies!!!!

Listen:

I went yesterday to the Social security building here in Miami Florida. Something told me to lie and I told them that I lost my SS card and I need it a replacement one (as you may remember I never took the conditions out of my social security card) well, when the clerk told me that my green card was expired I explained to him that I had a NOA with an extension, which allows me to work and travel in the US. He then told me that he could not re issue a SS Card because for the SS department the NOA IS NOT VALID!!! Yes!!! NOT VALID!!!! so, he asked me If I had a stamp on my passport and I explained to him that it was expired just like the green card, so he replied that I need it to go to immigration to get my passport stamp and then they will be able to give me a social. Despite of me telling him that I lost my social, and I needed it, and telling him that the NOA was exactly the same thing as the stamp on my passport, he refused to give me a social....

SORRY, BUT YOU REALLY HAVE TO LOVE THIS COUNTRY!

I know is my fault, or maybe because I did not know better and I never change my social when I should, but one of the clerk’s answers astonished me :"immigration has its own rules and we (SS DEPT) have our own" LOVELY!

Now, I wont even try to go to USCIS because my NOA expires on August and they wont stamp my passport, it will be a waist of time!

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for your experience. That is very disturbing. Good to know though. I was planning to go there the morning of my job interview day as it is on my way. :sigh: Now I think I will be too upset if they talk like that.

I thought I read somewhere here that someone had luck changing the ssc. :unsure:

Is it at least easy to get the stamp after your letter expires? I mean after one year. Also Do I need to wait till it expires or can I try a few days before?

On the bright note I still hope we all get approved this month!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.