• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Do anybody know how long do i have to wait to apply for the citizenship after the 751 ?

As I recall, you sent in your I-751 exactly a year ago, right? You can apply today. (En otras palabras, 90 dias antes el tercer aniversario de recibir tu tarjeta verde.)

Meh

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Do anybody know how long do i have to wait to apply for the citizenship after the 751 ?

You don't have to wait.

If you are still married to the US citizen who sponsored your greencard then you can file your citizenship application 90 days before the 3rd year from the date on your first (conditional) greencard.

Even if you I751 is not yet approved.

All that happens is that if the time for the citizenship interview comes around first, they transfer your i751 to your local office and will interview you for your i751 and N400 at the same time, and do them both at the same time.

In some cases where the service center is clogged up, this can even slightly expedite the i751 process by transferring everything to a less busy office.

Of course, right now, with everyone trying to get citizenship before the election - don't expect applying for citizenship to speed anything up!

As I recall, you sent in your I-751 exactly a year ago, right? You can apply today. (En otras palabras, 90 dias antes el tercer aniversario de recibir tu tarjeta verde.)

Beat me to it James!

That's what I get for typing long replies!

I-751 Process

=============

03/11/08 - Check Cashed by TSC, invalid SRC# on back along with a VLCXX reference.

03/31/08 - Had infopass appointment, got I-551 stamp and Trackable receipt number

04/09/08 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter.

04/18/08 - Biometrics Appointment 10am.

04/18/08 - Transferred to Vermont from TSC

06/16/08 - Online Status reports transfer received by Vermont

11/03/08 - Online Status Shows Touched!

01/13/09 - Online Status Shows Touched!

01/20/09 - Approved!

01/26/09 - New Card Received!

N-400 Process

=============

12/29/08 - Application mailed to TSC

12/30/08 - Arrived at TSC - Forwarded to Nat. Ben. Ctr, TX

12/31/08 - Arrived at Nat. Ben. Ctr, TX

01/02/09 - Priority Date

01/05/09 - NOA1 Mailed

01/06/09 - Check Cashed

01/09/09 - NOA1 Received (Priority Date of 01/02/09, Some data missing from form)

01/10/09 - Case Touched!

01/27/09 - Duplicate NOA1 Received (Missing Data filled in, was mailed on 01/24/09)

02/28/09 - Interview Letter Received

04/06/09 - Naturalization interview

04/06/09 - Interview Passed!

04/22/09 - Oath Ceremony!

04/22/09 - US Citizen at Last!

Timeline
Do i need to get i lawer to do that or i can do it myself?

Many people do it without a lawyer.

Do you have reason to believe your case is somehow complicated in a way that would require a lawyer?

I-751 Process

=============

03/11/08 - Check Cashed by TSC, invalid SRC# on back along with a VLCXX reference.

03/31/08 - Had infopass appointment, got I-551 stamp and Trackable receipt number

01/20/09 - Approved!

N-400 Process

=============

01/02/09 - Priority Date

01/05/09 - NOA1 Mailed

01/06/09 - Check Cashed

01/09/09 - NOA1 Received (Priority Date of 01/02/09, Some data missing from form)

01/10/09 - Case Touched!

01/27/09 - Duplicate NOA1 Received (Missing Data filled in, was mailed on 01/24/09)

Timeline
i don't thinks is complicated ,what aplication do i need ?

The main form is N-400... get the form and read the instructions carefully.

I-751 Process

=============

01/20/09 - Approved!

N-400 Process

=============

01/02/09 - Priority Date

01/05/09 - NOA1 Mailed

01/06/09 - Check Cashed

01/10/09 - Case Touched!

Last week i sent my N-400 application, while my I-751 still pending. Filling the application is not complicated. For more information look under "General Family Based Immigration Topics --> US Citizenship General Discussion" topic. (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=114).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

:angry:

Lack of communication between agencies!!!!

Listen:

I went yesterday to the Social security building here in Miami Florida. Something told me to lie and I told them that I lost my SS card and I need it a replacement one (as you may remember I never took the conditions out of my social security card) well, when the clerk told me that my green card was expired I explained to him that I had a NOA with an extension, which allows me to work and travel in the US. He then told me that he could not re issue a SS Card because for the SS department the NOA IS NOT VALID!!! Yes!!! NOT VALID!!!! so, he asked me If I had a stamp on my passport and I explained to him that it was expired just like the green card, so he replied that I need it to go to immigration to get my passport stamp and then they will be able to give me a social. Despite of me telling him that I lost my social, and I needed it, and telling him that the NOA was exactly the same thing as the stamp on my passport, he refused to give me a social....

SORRY, BUT YOU REALLY HAVE TO LOVE THIS COUNTRY!

I know is my fault, or maybe because I did not know better and I never change my social when I should, but one of the clerk’s answers astonished me :"immigration has its own rules and we (SS DEPT) have our own" LOVELY!

Now, I wont even try to go to USCIS because my NOA expires on August and they wont stamp my passport, it will be a waist of time!

:angry::angry:

Edited by imailin

06/28/2004. Happily Married in Miami Florida.

09/??/2004 Send I-130, 486 Package and ETC. for AOS

01/??/05 Workers permit received.

Got Social Security Card!!!

08/29/2005 Interview went awesome!

09/??/2005 Green Card arrived!!!!!!!! YUPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removal of Conditions:

06/01/2007 Send package to TEXAS Service Center

06/07/2007 Received NOA

09/20/2007 Went to get an stamp, denied stamp at the Miami USCIS Office =(

01/31/2008 Transfer to Vermont Service Center (after almost 8 months!)

02/22/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

02/26/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. (Last Touched)

07/01/2008 : still waiting for a miracle after 390 days of suffering....

07/02/2008: Infopass Appointment. passport Stamp....

07/03/2008: Incredible!!!! Card Production Ordered!!!!!!

07/04/2008: Touched. Duplicate email Card Production Order

07/07/2008: Touched

07/08/2008: Touched. Email with notice of approval

07/09/2008: Touched again!

07/11/2008: CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!!! THANKS!!!! WELLCOME IMMIGRANT LETTER!!! :P

Naturalization Process:

06/23/2010: 06/23/2010 - Send N400 after 5 years of permanent residency. Good luck !

Filed: Timeline

No news from USCIS today on my end. Its officially mid-March (counting the weekend) and the USCIS is busy gathering dates so that they can post the processing dates for all their centers, Vermont included.

I have a feeling that the VSC I-751 date won't move past March 1 2007 - stuck where it was for the past 2 months!

But we'll only know around March 22 what this date is...in the age of the internet, it takes 7 days to post them!

Losing hope. :crying:

Filed: Timeline

No news! I see people getting approved by CSc after weeks of waiting, not even months. How come we are in this game almost a year, yet put behind Jan 08 filers? My suspicion really is that we are treated like any other TSC filer (probably due to lack of better knoweldge at VSC) and so we are in for another 5 to 7 months. If we are lucky we can expect approval by September or at the very earliest Jul/Aug!!!! Beyond mad...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am really trying to stay optimistic about being transferred to VSC, but this is hard to see.....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=116117&hl=

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I am glad they are working and wouldnt mind if they did us concurrently.. but so far we have been ignored... probably in the same pile as fresh TSC transfers....

aye. don't get me wrong, I am glad that our fellow VSC'ers are getting approved, but I was kinda hoping for some concurrent processing as well

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I am glad they are working and wouldnt mind if they did us concurrently.. but so far we have been ignored... probably in the same pile as fresh TSC transfers....

aye. don't get me wrong, I am glad that our fellow VSC'ers are getting approved, but I was kinda hoping for some concurrent processing as well

Frankly, I would prefer to see those who filed directly at VSC back in August/September and later wait another 3-4 months while they work on US. My guess is that if they started working on us alone on Monday morning, it would still be another two months before my wife's petition is approved, which would equal a 13 month wait overall. So it wouldn't bother me one bit if the VSC filers ended up waiting 9-10 months overall (instead of 6-7).

This is not being selfish. People in the same situation in this country are supposed to be treated equally by the government. It's a fundamental right under the Constitution. CIS has blown that proposition out of the water.

So I am NOT happy when I see people who filed at VSC back in August or September (or even October) now getting approved three weeks after we've been sitting in the VSC system. Nor, obviously, am I happy to see these CSC people get approved two months after filing. Nothing personal against any of them individually, but I have no desire to congratulate them or anything of the sort.

Meh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.