James

Old TSC cases transferred to VSC

1,810 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Just got this email.

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On March 10, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

No offense, but if you're looking for congratulations, you've come to the wrong thread.

You didn't deserve to be approved before any of us, frankly.

:protest:

People deserve to get approved in the order they filed. Period. Hence, neither you nor any other direct VSC filer deserves to get approved before any of us.

Further, and more to the point, kbf already posted his (her?) approval in a separate thread, as well as on the full VSC list thread. So what's the point of posting it in this thread as well? Strikes me as kind of rubbing it in -- particularly since s/he -- AND YOU -- have hoped publicly that you get approved before us "invaders" do.

Edited by Kezzie

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got a question: didn't the online status used to say something about the filing date? like was received on xxx date? it doesn't mention the NOA1 date on mine at all.....

Tweety, I don't have that status anymore, (otherwise I would C&P it for you) but I know my NOA was dated Sept 18, 2007 (from California) and my online status used to show as October 10, 2007. It said something like "Case Status: Received and pending: On October 10 this application was received at our California Service Center. We will mail you information on how your case will be processed, if you move, please let us know. This case is at our California Service Center. " The end.

Hope that helps answer your question

Sept 10, 2001... Arrived in US (J1)

Sept 2002... AOS (J1 to F1)

March 2003...AOS Approved

May 2003... Flew to SA. Reapplied for F1. RFE and Finally Approved. 2 year F1 visa in Passport.

Jan 21 2004... Married in Chicago

Aug 2004... Applied for AOS, Petition for spouse and EAD

Feb 2005... Joshua, our little cutie pie is born on SuperBowl Sunday

May 2005... EAD Approved

Dec 17 2005... AOS & Petition approved (2 year green-card received)

Aug 4 2007... Mailed in I-751 = $275 (remove conditions)

Aug 31 2007... Everything returned, filed too early, wrong fee

Sept 17 2007 Refiled to NSC

Sept 18 2007... Delivered by DHL to NSC

Oct 10 2007... Received at CSC

Oct 15 2007... Check cashed, transfered to CSC

Oct 15 2007... Received 1st notice with application number and 1 year extension. Notice Dated 9/19/07

Nov 1 2007... tried walk-in biometrics, refused

Nov 8 2007...Biometrics completed. Staff at Naperville ASC were great!

Nov 9 2007... Last touch

March 7 2008... Card production ordered!!!!!!!! 5 months, 2 weeks and 5 days

March 12 2008... Case Status: Approval notice sent

March 15 2008...Green card received in mail...so done with USCIS done for a few years!!!!!! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Just got this email.

On March 10, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

No offense, but if you're looking for congratulations, you've come to the wrong thread.

So you are going to be nasty to anyone who filed at VSC that gets approved before you do???? it is hardly kbf's fault that he got approved before you or before me, I am pleased that this part of their journey is over for them and for that they have my congratulations...

Please dont treat you fellow VJ members like this, the decision about which cases get processed is not in our hands, so to say to anyone that they dont deserve to be approved before you, is totally out of order....

Kez

People deserve to get approved in the order they filed. Period. Hence, neither you nor any other direct VSC filer deserves to get approved before any of us.

Further, and more to the point, kbf already posted his (her?) approval in a separate thread, as well as on the full VSC list thread. So what's the point of posting it in this thread as well? Strikes me as kind of rubbing it in -- particularly since s/he -- AND YOU -- have hoped publicly that you get approved before us "invaders" do.

Take up your greivence with the TSC because that is where it should be placed.... not at the feet of the people who filed at VSC and until your transfer were on course to be approved at the 6 month mark.... so yes we do feel that you being transfered to VSC is going to push us back in the queue...

We have waited in line to be processed and when we were almost there when things get slowed down.... now nobody can say for sure that you have been put to the back of the line just as nobody can say for sure that you have been put to the front of the line.... The fairest way would be to allocate a few TSC cases to each adjudication officer for them to slot in with the cases they are alrready working on.... for all we know that could be what they are doing.... but for you to take out your frustration on another VJ member because you think they are rubbing it in is childish...

We all want to be approved and I think the way you have been treated from TSC is wrong, does that mean I think we should all stand aside and let you all get processed first... he no... the same as you would be if it was the other way round... but it is out of our hands... there is nothing we can do.. we will get approved when we get approved....

But remember james when you get approved ahead of anyone at VSC they might just feel as Pi$ed as you do now...

Kez

I've got a news flash for you: we are "ahead" of everyone at VSC, whether we actually get approved before those people or not.

The only childish people here are those who think that someone waiting only 6 months should be approved ahead of those who have been waiting a year simply because they filed directly with a particular service center. Or those people who have been waiting 6 months who think that they would be "standing aside" if, heaven forfend, someone who had been waiting a year were approved "ahead" of them.

Obviously, you do resent the fact that we have been transferred to VSC and that we have somehow interfered with your plans for an orderly 6 month approval. Well, I've got news for you, lady: when we filed at TSC, they were doing nice orderly 5-month approvals. Two months later, they just stopped.

You seem to be incapable of grasping the fact that TSC and VSC are not government agencies making up their own rules. CIS is the only agency here. And everyone here filed a petition with CIS.

Time for you to get off your high horse, stop resenting us, and learn to live with the fact that you were never guaranteed a 6 month approval time, just as we were never guaranteed a 5 month approval time.

Meh

I agree. Geographic location should not matter. I personally would not care whether there are 2 weeks or 10 months but the injustice of the service center system and transfer policy is simply outrageous. I wish they would centralize it all and approve on first-come first-serve basis.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Please dont be mad that my case got approved and some ones else is not...James you been doing great so far...But i have to say that i agree with Kez...

we don,t need to argue here that who is right or who is wrong....All we can do is share our experience so that it can help someone. This forum and you all really helped me alot by sharing your experience. So I just want everybody to please continue sharing your data and dont be mad at any...Just hope that every body will get approved within timely fashion. After all its USCIS and its not in our control....

N 400 Texas Locker Box/Charleston WV Timeline

06//16/2009 ---Applied

06/17/2009 --- Priority Date

06/20/2009 ---- Check Cached

06/22/2009 ---- NOA1 Received

06/30/2009 ---- BioMetric Notice Received

07/13/2009 ---- Biometrics Done

07/30/2009 --- interview letter date

08/03/2009 ---- Letter Received

09/10/2009 ---- Interview Date -Passed

10/04/2009 -----oath Letter Received (dated 09/30/2009 posted from Pittsburgh, PA)

10/19/2009 ---- Oath

10/19/2009 ---- Applied for Passport Book and Card

11/12/2009 ---- Passport Recieved

11/13/2009 ---- Passport Card Recieved

11/13/2009---- **DONE**

I have to agree with James and baunzerbudi.

Congratulations are always in order to anyone that gets approved, whether they are VSC, NSC, TSC or CSC original filers.

But the point is, we did file a petition with the USCIS - and the wait times should be the same for everybody, just like the fees are on a given filing date.

The original TSC filers who were transferred to VSC (like my wife) are in a mess.

We now have to start making arrangements to schedule appointments at our USCIS filed office pretty soon to get I-551 extension stamps. That means taking a day off work, incurring considerable expense in driving to the USCIS filed office (200 miles RT for us) and depending on who you get, maybe subject to a gruelling process just to get a miserable stamp.

So in light of this, I have to agree with James on this, that frankly posting your approval notice on 3 threads, especially this one, is rubbing it in.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I

So in light of this, I have to agree with James on this, that frankly posting your approval notice on 3 threads, especially this one, is rubbing it in.

My intentions were just to inform everybody and was,t expecting or gathering congratulations... I am sorry if some body got feelings hurt

N 400 Texas Locker Box/Charleston WV Timeline

06//16/2009 ---Applied

06/17/2009 --- Priority Date

06/20/2009 ---- Check Cached

06/22/2009 ---- NOA1 Received

06/30/2009 ---- BioMetric Notice Received

07/13/2009 ---- Biometrics Done

07/30/2009 --- interview letter date

08/03/2009 ---- Letter Received

09/10/2009 ---- Interview Date -Passed

10/04/2009 -----oath Letter Received (dated 09/30/2009 posted from Pittsburgh, PA)

10/19/2009 ---- Oath

10/19/2009 ---- Applied for Passport Book and Card

11/12/2009 ---- Passport Recieved

11/13/2009 ---- Passport Card Recieved

11/13/2009---- **DONE**

I

My intentions were just to inform everybody and was,t expecting or gathering congratulations... I am sorry if some body got feelings hurt

Congratulations! No offence taken by me personally...but many people are agitated, and when agitated, people react differently...

Good luck with the US Citizenship process!

Just got this email.

I've got a news flash for you: we are "ahead" of everyone at VSC, whether we actually get approved before those people or not.

The only childish people here are those who think that someone waiting only 6 months should be approved ahead of those who have been waiting a year simply because they filed directly with a particular service center. Or those people who have been waiting 6 months who think that they would be "standing aside" if, heaven forfend, someone who had been waiting a year were approved "ahead" of them.

Obviously, you do resent the fact that we have been transferred to VSC and that we have somehow interfered with your plans for an orderly 6 month approval. Well, I've got news for you, lady: when we filed at TSC, they were doing nice orderly 5-month approvals. Two months later, they just stopped.

You seem to be incapable of grasping the fact that TSC and VSC are not government agencies making up their own rules. CIS is the only agency here. And everyone here filed a petition with CIS.

Time for you to get off your high horse, stop resenting us, and learn to live with the fact that you were never guaranteed a 6 month approval time, just as we were never guaranteed a 5 month approval time.

Edited by Kezzie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Ho wow!!! This got really personal already!!! GUYS GUYS!!! Nothing that you say or not say will make USCIS work faster.... I am a TSC LOOSER TOO... although I am only waiting since JULY 07, I get sometimes angry at people that get approved before me that filed on September ... well that is JUST human nature... ALSO LOOK AT THE LIST on the other threat (VERMONT CENTER LIST) and you can clearly see that my case got lost in between all the approvals!!! That really makes me angry... but, what can I do??? Nothing... what can you do???, nothing ! Let’s not insult each other!!!! :blush:

06/28/2004. Happily Married in Miami Florida.

09/??/2004 Send I-130, 486 Package and ETC. for AOS

01/??/05 Workers permit received.

Got Social Security Card!!!

08/29/2005 Interview went awesome!

09/??/2005 Green Card arrived!!!!!!!! YUPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removal of Conditions:

06/01/2007 Send package to TEXAS Service Center

06/07/2007 Received NOA

09/20/2007 Went to get an stamp, denied stamp at the Miami USCIS Office =(

01/31/2008 Transfer to Vermont Service Center (after almost 8 months!)

02/22/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

02/26/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. (Last Touched)

07/01/2008 : still waiting for a miracle after 390 days of suffering....

07/02/2008: Infopass Appointment. passport Stamp....

07/03/2008: Incredible!!!! Card Production Ordered!!!!!!

07/04/2008: Touched. Duplicate email Card Production Order

07/07/2008: Touched

07/08/2008: Touched. Email with notice of approval

07/09/2008: Touched again!

07/11/2008: CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!!! THANKS!!!! WELLCOME IMMIGRANT LETTER!!! :P

Naturalization Process:

06/23/2010: 06/23/2010 - Send N400 after 5 years of permanent residency. Good luck !

Ho wow!!! This got really personal already!!! GUYS GUYS!!! Nothing that you say or not say will make USCIS work faster.... I am a TSC LOOSER TOO... although I am only waiting since JULY 07, I get sometimes angry at people that get approved before me that filed on September ... well that is JUST human nature... ALSO LOOK AT THE LIST on the other threat (VERMONT CENTER LIST) and you can clearly see that my case got lost in between all the approvals!!! That really makes me angry... but, what can I do??? Nothing... what can you do???, nothing ! Let’s not insult each other!!!! :blush:
Edited by Kezzie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I agree with you..... I still think James was out of line to say the a member here did not deserve to be approved.... that is so so wrong...

Kez

well... understand that the frustration of seeing everybody being approved except us, TSC LOOSER, which we have not done anything wrong... (we are just unlucky applications lost in the limbo!) Makes us be mad at everyone.... I am not saying is the correct way but, like I say it is human nature, and no one is a Saint, now, don’t take me wrong but I had read other threats were maybe you or someone else from Vermont talked about us as "the invasion of TSC" some people could take that wrong... same don't... Hopefully we all get approved because we all deserved it. :thumbs:

06/28/2004. Happily Married in Miami Florida.

09/??/2004 Send I-130, 486 Package and ETC. for AOS

01/??/05 Workers permit received.

Got Social Security Card!!!

08/29/2005 Interview went awesome!

09/??/2005 Green Card arrived!!!!!!!! YUPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removal of Conditions:

06/01/2007 Send package to TEXAS Service Center

06/07/2007 Received NOA

09/20/2007 Went to get an stamp, denied stamp at the Miami USCIS Office =(

01/31/2008 Transfer to Vermont Service Center (after almost 8 months!)

02/22/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

02/26/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. (Last Touched)

07/01/2008 : still waiting for a miracle after 390 days of suffering....

07/02/2008: Infopass Appointment. passport Stamp....

07/03/2008: Incredible!!!! Card Production Ordered!!!!!!

07/04/2008: Touched. Duplicate email Card Production Order

07/07/2008: Touched

07/08/2008: Touched. Email with notice of approval

07/09/2008: Touched again!

07/11/2008: CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!!! THANKS!!!! WELLCOME IMMIGRANT LETTER!!! :P

Naturalization Process:

06/23/2010: 06/23/2010 - Send N400 after 5 years of permanent residency. Good luck !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

this whole situation sucks royally.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

As somebody said, there is only one cis, and they did take our money before they took yours so we should be first.

Correct, sir. We were out of our money longer than the people who filed after us. Hence, we should be compensated for the longer "no-money" time period with earlier approval.

James' frustration is understandable, though, obviously, kbl was not looking for a "congratulations", but was merely notifying everyone of his status. Kezzie's, on the other hand, is being a little biaaatch. I first thought he was truly offended for kbl, but later it came up that he himself is an original filer at VSC and has vested interest in having original VSCers get approved before us, the transferees. I am watching you, Kezzie, "meet-the-parents-robert-de-niro" style.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.