phil and nanz

February 2008 filers

660 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

To keep us FEB FILERS bumped up to the beginning of the threads, I'll add my 2 cents worth.

We have been waiting most of April and now well into May for Pete to receive packet 3 in London. It's getting really depressing. We now think that London sent the packet to our lawyer in the US and it should have been sent to HIM in London. Tomorrow I'm going to DHL the copy our lawyer sent to us -- get it over there to Pete so he can get started with his side of it.

He STILL has not received his police report after FIVE WEEKS. I'm so worried about his filing out all these new forms and getting something wrong, I wish I could just go over there and help him. Then we could practice interview questions too instead of doing it over the phone.

This is taking too long. With my DHL tomorrow I'll include a birthday card for my poor Man. The second year we have missed being together on his birthday. Hope he's here for the 4th of July.

Met - online April 2006

Met - in Person August 2006

Got engaged - July 2007

I129 Filed - February 14, 2008

NOA1 received - February 21, 2008

NOA2 received - March 31, 2008

Rec. at NVA - April 7, 2008

Packet 3 rec. - May 9, 2008

Medical in London - Aug 5, 2008

Interview - Dec. 9, 2008-APPROVED Pending more info.

APPROVED - Dec. 22, 2008

Arrival in USA - Jan. 22, 2009

Marriage - April 11, 2009

Filed for AOS - June 29, 2009

Received Biometrics appt - July 12, 2009

(Biometrics in Boston - August 5, 2009)

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Yeah, I'm still holding out hope that Kevin will be here for July 4th, but I think I'm probably being too optimistic :( Good luck with getting all that paperwork going. I can't wait until he gets his packet 3 and we get this thing rolling again! I'm thinking about calling NVC today to see if our file is there yet. Impatient much? :lol:

02/01/08 I-129F off to VSC!

02/02/08 VSC Received, signed by P Novak 12:02pm

02/05/08 VSC Cash Check and issue NOA1(online)

02/08/08 Touched

02/09/08 NOA1 received in mail

02/11/08 Touched

02/12/08 Touched

02/15/08 Touched

02/24/08 Touched

05/01/08 NOA2 (email)

05/02/08 Touched

05/06/08 NVC received

05/08/08 Hardcopy NOA2

05/08/08 Left NVC London bound!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Congrats on your interview.

We have not heard from the Embassy and no package 3 yet, I have sent and email to embassy on Friday to check the status, Friday was a holiday in Russia, if I do not hear anything from them by tomorrow I'll call them up $12.00 per call

Good luck to everyone

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-21

I-129F Received at VSC 2008-02-22 1:01 pm

Check was cashed on 02-28-2008

I-129F NOA1 : Hard Copy received 02-29-2008

03-05-2008: Touched

03-06-2008: Touched

I-129F NOA2 : CRIS Email 04-07-2008

04-08-2008: Touched

NVC Received : 04-08-2008

NVC Letter Dated: 04-11-2008

NVC Left : 05-08-2008

Consulate Received : 05-10-2008

Packet 3 Received : 05-20-2008

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 07-09-2008

Visa Received : 07-14-2008

US Entry : 11-07-2008

Marriage : 11-30-2008

File for Change of Status: 12/31/2008

Green card Received: 06/25/2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Congrats on your interview.

We have not heard from the Embassy and no package 3 yet, I have sent and email to embassy on Friday to check the status, Friday was a holiday in Russia, if I do not hear anything from them by tomorrow I'll call them up $12.00 per call

Good luck to everyone

Yeah, I'm still holding out hope that Kevin will be here for July 4th, but I think I'm probably being too optimistic

I wonder if this is the hardest time of the waiting. At first it was all new and fresh and exciting. Now, a few months later, this is getting to be almost a hardship. Being apart for so long is hurting and the entire process is getting depressing.

Pete is more or less burning his bridges over there and waiting anxiously to be here. He's sold most of everything he owned, his car is almost dead and he's not going to get it fixed, he's sorting through piles of paperwork on his own. I was so lonely for him today that I started to write a little poem about waiting. Yet it's too soon to be anticipating the happy reunion at the airport.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. This is not a fun time.

Met - online April 2006

Met - in Person August 2006

Got engaged - July 2007

I129 Filed - February 14, 2008

NOA1 received - February 21, 2008

NOA2 received - March 31, 2008

Rec. at NVA - April 7, 2008

Packet 3 rec. - May 9, 2008

Medical in London - Aug 5, 2008

Interview - Dec. 9, 2008-APPROVED Pending more info.

APPROVED - Dec. 22, 2008

Arrival in USA - Jan. 22, 2009

Marriage - April 11, 2009

Filed for AOS - June 29, 2009

Received Biometrics appt - July 12, 2009

(Biometrics in Boston - August 5, 2009)

Timeline

i understand where you're coming from, lois! i've been calling the nvc tons since monday to see if they've received our file yet and everytime i call i get the 'your number is not in our system, either you entered the wrong # or we have not received your file, LOSER!' lol no it doesn't actually say loser...but everytime i hear that, it's how i feel...yet i've seen posts from people who got their noa2 after me had theirs received by nvc yesterday...and yes they were vermont people...we already had to wait longer than the average wait for the noa2 at this point...i was hoping at some point the wait would get shorter....i'm still hoping for july 4th...but with each passing day...it seems further out of reach. :(

maybe tomorrow when i call nvc...i'll talk to a human...i hope you guys get your packets 3 soon

chin up, lois, we can't let them get to us! we are going to make this thing happen for real! that happy reunion at the airport will be here before you know it!

02/08/08 Touched

02/11/08 Touched

02/12/08 Touched

02/15/08 Touched

02/24/08 Touched

05/01/08 NOA2 (email)

05/02/08 Touched

05/06/08 NVC received

05/08/08 Hardcopy NOA2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
i understand where you're coming from, lois! i've been calling the nvc tons since monday to see if they've received our file yet and everytime i call i get the 'your number is not in our system, either you entered the wrong # or we have not received your file, LOSER!' lol no it doesn't actually say loser...but everytime i hear that, it's how i feel...yet i've seen posts from people who got their noa2 after me had theirs received by nvc yesterday...and yes they were vermont people...we already had to wait longer than the average wait for the noa2 at this point...i was hoping at some point the wait would get shorter....i'm still hoping for july 4th...but with each passing day...it seems further out of reach. :(

maybe tomorrow when i call nvc...i'll talk to a human...i hope you guys get your packets 3 soon

chin up, lois, we can't let them get to us! we are going to make this thing happen for real! that happy reunion at the airport will be here before you know it!

When you call NVC you need to speak to a person, as the K1s are not entered into the automated system. good luck

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Timeline

well thanks for telling me that! :) i'll be talking to a human today for sure! :) here we are getting all worried for nothing! i guess i missed that part! i'm excited for 730 to get here! haha

02/08/08 Touched

02/11/08 Touched

02/12/08 Touched

02/15/08 Touched

02/24/08 Touched

05/01/08 NOA2 (email)

05/02/08 Touched

05/06/08 NVC received

05/08/08 Hardcopy NOA2

Timeline
well thanks for telling me that! :) i'll be talking to a human today for sure! :) here we are getting all worried for nothing! i guess i missed that part! i'm excited for 730 to get here! haha

They are very nice and helpful, I cant remember the options off hand, but you should get through ok if you call when they open, before they get too busy.

Good luck

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

They are very nice and helpful, I cant remember the options off hand, but you should get through ok if you call when they open, before they get too busy.

Good luck

Oh I just noticed you're getting your xrays redone on the day I have my interview.....maybe we could get a coffee or something and compare notes?

5th February 2008 - I-129F forms sent for K1 visa (VSC)

26th March 2008 - NOA2 recieved via email

19th May 2008 - Interview............APPROVED!!!!!!

21st May 2008 - Visa in hand

29th July 2008 - POE

2nd September 2008 - Married

19th September - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

25th September - Check cashed $1010.00 (OUCH!!)

29th September - Received NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP

13th October - AOS Petition transferred to CSC!!!

17th October - Biometrics (Tampa Office)

17th October - AOS/EAD Touched

20th October - AOS Touched

21st October - AOS Touched

6th November - AOS/EAD/AP Touched (probably due to change of address)

10th December - EAD approved

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Good luck

Oh I just noticed you're getting your xrays redone on the day I have my interview.....maybe we could get a coffee or something and compare notes?

That sounds like a great idea, I think the Embassy is not too far from the medical centre, I am planning to have my xrays about 1pm, maybe we could do lunch after that, what do you think?

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
Pete is more or less burning his bridges over there and waiting anxiously to be here. He's sold most of everything he owned, his car is almost dead and he's not going to get it fixed, he's sorting through piles of paperwork on his own. I was so lonely for him today that I started to write a little poem about waiting. Yet it's too soon to be anticipating the happy reunion at the airport.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. This is not a fun time.

i'm very curious about that poem about waiting lois!

as for me, i'm all ready to send package 3 back. well, i've been ready for weeks now but whatever... i'm still looking at a 5 month wait till i see arash again so not really in a rush. even more, i think once i have the visa i'll be so ready to jump on the next plane.

Timeline

wooohoo i only had to hold about 2 minutes when i called at 7:35am ...but i got kelly, and she said our petition got there on 5/6 YAY!!! but it hasn't left yet...on another note...we got the NOA2 hardcopy in the mail today and kevin got his notification that he's passed his electrician certification exams today! YAAAAAAAAAY! :)

thanks everyone for your help! and kim, i will definitely be using that to track it! thanks...i remembered seeing the thread about that and thought i was going to have to use the search to find it again! hehe :)

02/08/08 Touched

02/11/08 Touched

02/12/08 Touched

02/15/08 Touched

02/24/08 Touched

05/01/08 NOA2 (email)

05/02/08 Touched

05/06/08 NVC received

05/08/08 Hardcopy NOA2

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
wooohoo i only had to hold about 2 minutes when i called at 7:35am ...but i got kelly, and she said our petition got there on 5/6 YAY!!! but it hasn't left yet...on another note...we got the NOA2 hardcopy in the mail today and kevin got his notification that he's passed his electrician certification exams today! YAAAAAAAAAY! :)

thanks everyone for your help! and kim, i will definitely be using that to track it! thanks...i remembered seeing the thread about that and thought i was going to have to use the search to find it again! hehe :)

Double congrats!! :thumbs: You surely have something to celebrate. NVC will ship it out of there in no time - mine only sat for a couple of days before they sent it to Jamaica. And the DHL trick really works - I watched it go door to door in 24 hrs.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Good luck

That sounds like a great idea, I think the Embassy is not too far from the medical centre, I am planning to have my xrays about 1pm, maybe we could do lunch after that, what do you think?

Well, my train home is at 3.10pm so I think it'll be tight on time but maybe if we could meet near Kings Cross? I assume you'll be getting a train from near there too? Or we could meet near the medical/embassy and go back to the station together and get a coffee - in fact i may need something stronger! lol

5th February 2008 - I-129F forms sent for K1 visa (VSC)

26th March 2008 - NOA2 recieved via email

19th May 2008 - Interview............APPROVED!!!!!!

21st May 2008 - Visa in hand

29th July 2008 - POE

2nd September 2008 - Married

19th September - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

25th September - Check cashed $1010.00 (OUCH!!)

29th September - Received NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP

13th October - AOS Petition transferred to CSC!!!

17th October - Biometrics (Tampa Office)

17th October - AOS/EAD Touched

20th October - AOS Touched

21st October - AOS Touched

6th November - AOS/EAD/AP Touched (probably due to change of address)

10th December - EAD approved

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.