phil and nanz

February 2008 filers

660 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
SCREAMING and GRINNING ear to ear because I just got the NOA2.

Just spoke with Pete last night by phone and he sounded down and bored -- "can't get there soon enough." Before I went to bed I checked the USCIS site and it was still received and pending. Not even touched. But I knew from here that it's been taking about 39 days so I was thinking maybe soon........

I never did get the email that I had signed up for telling me but our lawyer called this morning and she'd had an email from Vermont. I've been frantically trying to call Pete but can't get through. His computer is down too so he doesn't KNOW YET. Wait until he finds out. Somebody do the numbers for me -- I'm too excited to count. Was it about 40 days?

Congrats to you!! Update your timeline and it will do the math for you. :thumbs:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
SCREAMING and GRINNING ear to ear because I just got the NOA2.

Just spoke with Pete last night by phone and he sounded down and bored -- "can't get there soon enough." Before I went to bed I checked the USCIS site and it was still received and pending. Not even touched. But I knew from here that it's been taking about 39 days so I was thinking maybe soon........

I never did get the email that I had signed up for telling me but our lawyer called this morning and she'd had an email from Vermont. I've been frantically trying to call Pete but can't get through. His computer is down too so he doesn't KNOW YET. Wait until he finds out. Somebody do the numbers for me -- I'm too excited to count. Was it about 40 days?

that's great news. congratulations!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just can't understand how people are being approved in a little over a month! I was expecting to wait until the summer to even get looked at! And according to the processing times on the website, they are only processing September applications. How is everyone getting approved so fast?

My boyfriend called USCIS and they said he should have got a letter, and they would send another one.

I will try to be patient.

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : Chicago IL (transfered to California)

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2009-09-25

NOA Date : 2009-09-30

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Approved Date : 2009-11-17

Date Card Received : 2009-11-20

Advance Parole

CIS Office : Chicago IL (transfered to California)

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2009-09-25

NOA Date : 2009-09-30

RFE(s) :

Date Received : 2009-11-10

axdob4uy4.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Congratulations newenglander... from another newenglander! :)

Congratulations to you as well MeteorRain. :)

psalm... processing times on the USCIS website are to protect themselves so people don't call. Although there are some 'stragglers', they are rarely working on the dates they say they are. ;)VSC is processing quite fast these days but it still all depends on which adjutictor's desk you end up on. ;) Good luck to you.

I hope the rest of you February filers are approved soon!

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Congrats to all who got their approvals, I am still waiting, there were application which filed the sametiem as mine and some even later, which they already got their NOA2, and I am still waiting and waiting and waiting :cry:

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-21

I-129F Received at VSC 2008-02-22 1:01 pm

Check was cashed on 02-28-2008

I-129F NOA1 : Hard Copy received 02-29-2008

03-05-2008: Touched

03-06-2008: Touched

I-129F NOA2 : CRIS Email 04-07-2008

04-08-2008: Touched

NVC Received : 04-08-2008

NVC Letter Dated: 04-11-2008

NVC Left : 05-08-2008

Consulate Received : 05-10-2008

Packet 3 Received : 05-20-2008

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 07-09-2008

Visa Received : 07-14-2008

US Entry : 11-07-2008

Marriage : 11-30-2008

File for Change of Status: 12/31/2008

Green card Received: 06/25/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
yea it's amazing! i got my noa2 notices on email too! i should about to get the hard copy soon!

Congrats!!!!!!!!

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Timeline
Congrats to all who got their approvals, I am still waiting, there were application which filed the sametiem as mine and some even later, which they already got their NOA2, and I am still waiting and waiting and waiting :cry:

I can sympathize with you as I am in the same boat. :wacko: Just not our time yet........

Congrats to all who had their time come!! :thumbs:

The waiting is hard, but its a necessary evil in this process. I too get discouraged when I see approvals in a month or so but then I read about those unfortunate souls who had to file at the California Service Center and I realize that my wait is not as bad or as long as it could have been.

ANDY & MARICAR

N-400 Timeline

05/14/2012 - Mailed N-400 packet to Dallas/Lewisville Lockbox via Priority Mail.

05/21/2012 - NOA1

06/12/2012 - Biometrics

06/29/2012 - Interview Notice

08/06/2012 - Naturalization Interview in OKC PASSED!!!!!!!

09/28/2012 - OATH CEREMONY!!!!!!!

U.S. CITIZEN!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

I live with my fiance overseas but I am leaving for NY in 10 days and everyday she comes home from work she asks if we got approved. I tell her no and she gets misty eyed.

We filed February 8th. I keep telling her that we went into this thinking we wouldn't get approved until late May or June but with the VSC surge over the last month our hope rose. She wants to be approved before I leave... it is a comfort for her that things are moving along even though I am leaving.

Emmett Fitz-Hume: I'm sorry I'm late, I had to attend the reading of a will. I had to stay till the very end, and I found out I received nothing... broke my arm.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I live with my fiance overseas but I am leaving for NY in 10 days and everyday she comes home from work she asks if we got approved. I tell her no and she gets misty eyed.

We filed February 8th. I keep telling her that we went into this thinking we wouldn't get approved until late May or June but with the VSC surge over the last month our hope rose. She wants to be approved before I leave... it is a comfort for her that things are moving along even though I am leaving.

It's bizarre because I got so stressed about it all, and it wasn't until I decided to take a step back and try NOT checking my emails/USCIS that I got the approval. It was a relief, but you do just move on to the next stage of stress! LOL. JUst be thankful that you were able to live with your SO whilst going through this..

5th February 2008 - I-129F forms sent for K1 visa (VSC)

26th March 2008 - NOA2 recieved via email

19th May 2008 - Interview............APPROVED!!!!!!

21st May 2008 - Visa in hand

29th July 2008 - POE

2nd September 2008 - Married

19th September - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

25th September - Check cashed $1010.00 (OUCH!!)

29th September - Received NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP

13th October - AOS Petition transferred to CSC!!!

17th October - Biometrics (Tampa Office)

17th October - AOS/EAD Touched

20th October - AOS Touched

21st October - AOS Touched

6th November - AOS/EAD/AP Touched (probably due to change of address)

10th December - EAD approved

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

It's bizarre because I got so stressed about it all, and it wasn't until I decided to take a step back and try NOT checking my emails/USCIS that I got the approval. It was a relief, but you do just move on to the next stage of stress! LOL. JUst be thankful that you were able to live with your SO whilst going through this..

indeed we are happy we can be together. I can't help but check cause I am in front of a computer all day and when there is nothing to do I space out and end up here at VJ or USCIS.gov.

75% of January filers here at VJ have been approved and it would more cause the remaining 25%, over half of them are inactive on VJ. People from late February who got their NOA1 in early March have been approved. It does sux watching people who file after you get approved. I know it will come... eventually

Emmett Fitz-Hume: I'm sorry I'm late, I had to attend the reading of a will. I had to stay till the very end, and I found out I received nothing... broke my arm.

Timeline

Enjoy your few days left there - especially the weather! I am about 2 hours north of you in New York and it is cold rainy/snowy here today. Bring spring with you when you come back!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.