phil and nanz

February 2008 filers

660 posts in this topic

I can't believe someone was approved in 19 days!! Yikes.

I keep hopefully checking the site every day now - they haven't touched my file since 24th Feb... :(

mine either hon

Make me #3 on that count :(

K1

01/31/2008: Sent I-129F to VSC

02/05/2008: NOA1

03/19/2008: NOA2 (48 days)

05/13/2008: Interview (103 days) APPROVED!!!!

05/23/2008: Visa In Hand

05/25/2008: Stephen's Flight to USA Coming home with me!!!!

06/20/2008: Civil Wedding

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

07/07/2008: Filed AOS, EAD & AP

07/14/2008: NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

08/15/2008: Biometrics

09/05/2008: EAD & AP (60 days) APPROVED!!!!

09/11/2008: AP arrived in the mail

09/13/2008: EAD arrived in the mail

09/20/2008: Family Wedding Ahhh, finally the stress is over!

09/22/2008: AOS Interview Appointment Letter

11/04/2008: AOS Interview (10AM) APPROVED!!!!

11/14/2008: GreenCard Received

03/28/2009: Connor (our son) arrived into the world at 10:00PM

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

09/27/2010: I-751 packet mailed to VSC

09/29/2010: NOA1 received

12/03/2010: Biometrics

01/24/2011: Approval E-mail Received 01/26, 9:30AM (120 days) APPROVED!!!!

01/28/2011: GreedCard Received

"And ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation." ~Kahlil Gibran

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I'm very, very happy for the February filer who got approved.

However, as a CSC filer it also makes me very, very unhappy for myself. VSC filers who filed AFTER me have already been approved (19 days!!) and I'm looking at June if I'm very, very lucky to even start hoping to hear anything. I'm trying so hard to have patience with this process and it just isn't working.

I totally understand, doesnt seem any structure to what they are doing at all.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

being touched really doesn't mean a thing so no need to worry about that.

Last year, because of the influx of petitions, most people from both offices were waiting SOooo long for their approvals. VSC certainly seems to have caught up, except with a few poor souls still left waiting for whatever reason. CSC has no excuse. At the same time they raised the rates, they also spread the states evenly between the two offices.

Historically, VSC has always been much faster than any other office. They are just getting back to what is their 'norm'. You would think the CSC would want to take some lessons from VSC because it is very unfair you folks have to wait so much longer.

timeline.jpg

I know it doesn't help to complain about it and get upset...but I've never been good at waiting, I think that whole phrase about "patience is a virtue" is really just a load of ####### ;)

So...I'm going to change the topic. I make enough to qualify as a sponsor, but I was thinking about having a co-sponsor anyway because it really can't hurt. My mom makes like 4 times the poverty level for her situation (Did you know that the poverty level for 4 people is about 20k? Seriously...I make more than that for just ME and I struggle sometimes. I looked that up last night and it floored me.) Do you think it is over-doing it to have a co-sponsor when I already make enough on my own?

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

I know it doesn't help to complain about it and get upset...but I've never been good at waiting, I think that whole phrase about "patience is a virtue" is really just a load of ####### ;)

So...I'm going to change the topic. I make enough to qualify as a sponsor, but I was thinking about having a co-sponsor anyway because it really can't hurt. My mom makes like 4 times the poverty level for her situation (Did you know that the poverty level for 4 people is about 20k? Seriously...I make more than that for just ME and I struggle sometimes. I looked that up last night and it floored me.) Do you think it is over-doing it to have a co-sponsor when I already make enough on my own?

If you are above the poverty level, then you don't need a co-sponsor. I mean you are right, won't hurt, but is it really necessary?

And I too have my days where I think that phrase is a load of ####### :D

Wanting to be with loved ones is hard enough, then having to add in the immigration process just makes it unnecessarily painful at times! I feel like I'm going out of my mind :wacko:

K1

01/31/2008: Sent I-129F to VSC

02/05/2008: NOA1

03/19/2008: NOA2 (48 days)

05/13/2008: Interview (103 days) APPROVED!!!!

05/23/2008: Visa In Hand

05/25/2008: Stephen's Flight to USA Coming home with me!!!!

06/20/2008: Civil Wedding

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

07/07/2008: Filed AOS, EAD & AP

07/14/2008: NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

08/15/2008: Biometrics

09/05/2008: EAD & AP (60 days) APPROVED!!!!

09/11/2008: AP arrived in the mail

09/13/2008: EAD arrived in the mail

09/20/2008: Family Wedding Ahhh, finally the stress is over!

09/22/2008: AOS Interview Appointment Letter

11/04/2008: AOS Interview (10AM) APPROVED!!!!

11/14/2008: GreenCard Received

03/28/2009: Connor (our son) arrived into the world at 10:00PM

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

09/27/2010: I-751 packet mailed to VSC

09/29/2010: NOA1 received

12/03/2010: Biometrics

01/24/2011: Approval E-mail Received 01/26, 9:30AM (120 days) APPROVED!!!!

01/28/2011: GreedCard Received

"And ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation." ~Kahlil Gibran

I made a thread for us February CSC filers. It's not that I don't have mad luvs for you VSC filers...but, y'know...as I said at the beginning of that thread...when you guys are getting ready for interviews, we CSC folks will be just getting our NOA2s. So...if you're a CSC filer...come play. :)

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I made a thread for us February CSC filers. It's not that I don't have mad luvs for you VSC filers...but, y'know...as I said at the beginning of that thread...when you guys are getting ready for interviews, we CSC folks will be just getting our NOA2s. So...if you're a CSC filer...come play. :)

I can understand why you'd want a seperate place to chat - but stop by here from time to time too...

5th February 2008 - I-129F forms sent for K1 visa (VSC)

26th March 2008 - NOA2 recieved via email

19th May 2008 - Interview............APPROVED!!!!!!

21st May 2008 - Visa in hand

29th July 2008 - POE

2nd September 2008 - Married

19th September - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

25th September - Check cashed $1010.00 (OUCH!!)

29th September - Received NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP

13th October - AOS Petition transferred to CSC!!!

17th October - Biometrics (Tampa Office)

17th October - AOS/EAD Touched

20th October - AOS Touched

21st October - AOS Touched

6th November - AOS/EAD/AP Touched (probably due to change of address)

10th December - EAD approved

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

I would say its entirely up to you on that. Myself I"m just doing me but from what i saw I definately clear the min amount required so I'm happy with that. Im still unsure as what all to provide though. (seen different opinions) I have last 3 years tax forms, going to have a letter from my employer and recent paystubs when it comes down to it. That should be all I need (along with the form of course)

Timeline

I would say its entirely up to you on that. Myself I"m just doing me but from what i saw I definately clear the min amount required so I'm happy with that. Im still unsure as what all to provide though. (seen different opinions) I have last 3 years tax forms, going to have a letter from my employer and recent paystubs when it comes down to it. That should be all I need (along with the form of course)

When it comes to sending off the packet 3, and the I-134, does Toby have to get some form of document to prove his income? Tax statements or something? I'm trying to find out what the next steps are so we can be prepared...

29th July 2008 - POE

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

When it comes to sending off the packet 3, and the I-134, does Toby have to get some form of document to prove his income? Tax statements or something? I'm trying to find out what the next steps are so we can be prepared...

If you scroll down to the last part it gives pretty detailed instructions on what is required Visajourney K1 guide

Edited by aravis227

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Timeline

If you scroll down to the last part it gives pretty detailed instructions on what is required Visajourney K1 guide

Ahh thanks for that :) So you don't need tax returns then...

29th July 2008 - POE

I think you should be fine without them as long as he has plenty of other evidence. I think that I'll probably do pay stubs, a letter from my employer, and the statements from my bank. Just my own instinct, so this has no basis in fact, I would say that the closer you are to questionable income level, the more evidence you should make sure is sent.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Timeline

I think you should be fine without them as long as he has plenty of other evidence. I think that I'll probably do pay stubs, a letter from my employer, and the statements from my bank. Just my own instinct, so this has no basis in fact, I would say that the closer you are to questionable income level, the more evidence you should make sure is sent.

I'm a little unclear on poverty guidelines, but he earns $60k per year, so he shouldn't need to declare savings etc right? Then as proof if he gets a letter from his employer, some print outs from online banking, and pay stubs this should be ok?

29th July 2008 - POE

I'm a little unclear on poverty guidelines, but he earns $60k per year, so he shouldn't need to declare savings etc right? Then as proof if he gets a letter from his employer, some print outs from online banking, and pay stubs this should be ok?

Poverty guidelines are based on your income and how many people are in the family, however, unless you have a whole bunch of kids, you should be fine. He'll want the letter from his employwer (details are on that site, but I think it has to include yearly income, date of hire, and whether it's full time/part time and it has to be on company letterhead), the recent pay stubs, and the letter from the bank (on-line print-outs won't work...it has to be an actual letter from a manager stating the total deposits for the year, the current balance, and when the account was opened).

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Poverty guidelines are based on your income and how many people are in the family, however, unless you have a whole bunch of kids, you should be fine. He'll want the letter from his employwer (details are on that site, but I think it has to include yearly income, date of hire, and whether it's full time/part time and it has to be on company letterhead), the recent pay stubs, and the letter from the bank (on-line print-outs won't work...it has to be an actual letter from a manager stating the total deposits for the year, the current balance, and when the account was opened).

Thanks. That's really helpful, I dont think he even knows how to contact his bank since he's had the account since he was in the Marine Corps..

29th July 2008 - POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.