phil and nanz

February 2008 filers

660 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
ok, we were touched on February 24th. Let's see if anything changes. Maybe we'll get lucky :rolleyes:

Good for you, good luck with your journey

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi- I'm February filier also...

I have a question regarding gaining police reports-- my Iranian fiancee resides in Germany so she will need a police report from her time living in Iran and Germany. I'm assuming that it may take a long process to collect a police report from Iran so it would be nice to submit the request to the authorities as soon as possible. My question is does she have to wait to receive the packet from embassy in Germany before she can request the police report or can she submit a request before she receives the packet?? thanks for any help or please point me in the right direction-- thanks and good luck to y'all! :)

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-11

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-02-14

I-129F NOA2: 2008-08-11 approved via e-mail

Interview Date : 2008-09-30

Visa Received : 2008-12-01

US Entry : 2009-01-09

Legal Marriage : 2009-01-30

Wedding: 2009-03-21

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2009-02-12

NOA Date : 2009-02-19

Bio. Appt. : 2009-03-17

AOS Transfer** : 2009-03-02

Interview Date : None

Approval / Denial Date : 2009-04-09

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received: 2009-04-10

Employment Authorization Document

Approved Date : 2009-04-09

Date Card Received : 2009-04-10

AP

Date Received : 2009-04-11

Comments : Received I-512L good for one year. I don't believe it's necessary because GC was received before AP.

http://cse.ssl.berkeley.edu/igor/vjdata/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hi- I'm February filier also...

I have a question regarding gaining police reports-- my Iranian fiancee resides in Germany so she will need a police report from her time living in Iran and Germany. I'm assuming that it may take a long process to collect a police report from Iran so it would be nice to submit the request to the authorities as soon as possible. My question is does she have to wait to receive the packet from embassy in Germany before she can request the police report or can she submit a request before she receives the packet?? thanks for any help or please point me in the right direction-- thanks and good luck to y'all! :)

Welcome to VJ and good luck, from what I have seen some countries police reports are valid with the embassys longer than others, I would check at the Embassy where she will be interviewed to find out what they will accept.

Someone else may have other information to add.

Sal

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Good morning fellow Feb filers... Wanted to bump this post this morning. I've been reading about others meetings etc and wanted to ask. How many here have a 'song' that is perfect for you and your SO? Never in my life have I had a song with someone I was in a relationship with... that is till now. :innocent: Here is mine.. would love to hear about any others:

At the Beginning

We were strangers starting out on our journey

Never dreaming what we'd have to go through

Now here we are and I'm suddenly standing

At the beginning with you

No one told me I was going to find you

Unexpected what you did to my heart

When I lost hope you were there to remind me

This is the start

(chorus)

And Life is a road and I want to keep going

Love is a river I want to keep flowing

Life is a road now and forever

A Wonderful journey

I'll be there when the world stops turning

I'll be there whenthe storm is through

In the end I wanna be standing

We were strangers on a crazy adventure

Never dreaming how our dreams would come true

Now here we stand unafraid of the future

(chorus)

I knew there was somebody somewhere

Like me alone in the dark

I know that my dream will live on

I've been waiting so long

Nothing's gonna tear us apart

(chorus)

In the end I wanna be standing at the beginning with you

We have a couple, but this was the first. It's "Hey There Delilah" by the Plain White T's. And the alterations in the lyrics are actually the version they sang when they were performing here in Salt Lake City. I live in Salt Lake so this makes it seem even more appropriate for us. :) Although, we'll have known each other for two years next month and I really hope it doesn't take another two for us to be together...not sure I could survive that.

Hey there Delilah

What's it like in Salt Lake City?

I'm a thousand miles away

But girl, tonight you look so pretty

Yes you do

Temple Square can't shine as bright as you

I swear it's true

Hey there Delilah

Don't you worry about the distance

I'm right there if you get lonely

Give this song another listen

Close your eyes

Listen to my voice, it's my disguise

I'm by your side

Oh it's what you do to me

What you do to me

Hey there Delilah

I know times are getting hard

But just believe me, girl

Someday I'll pay the bills with this guitar

We'll have it good

We'll have the life we knew we would

My word is good

Hey there Delilah

I've got so much left to say

If every simple song I wrote to you

Would take your breath away

I'd write it all

Even more in love with me you'd fall

We'd have it all

A thousand miles seems pretty far

But they've got planes and trains and cars

I'd walk to you if I had no other way

Our friends would all make fun of us

and we'll just laugh along because we know

That none of them have felt this way

Delilah I can promise you

That by the time we get through

The world will never ever be the same

And you're to blame

Hey there Delilah

You be good and don't you miss me

Two more years and you'll be done with school

And I'll be making history like I do

You'll know it's all because of you

We can do whatever we want to

Hey there Delilah here's to you

This one's for you

What you do to me.

Edited by aravis227

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

Wanted to know if everyone here has been checking out the January filers thread at VSC. Of around 70 or so VSC filers in January here on visajourney, there have already been 17 NOA2's....

Approval times from NOA1-->NOA2 in as little as 27days!

A few a day... that means we are next...!!!!

Emmett Fitz-Hume: I'm sorry I'm late, I had to attend the reading of a will. I had to stay till the very end, and I found out I received nothing... broke my arm.

Timeline
Wanted to know if everyone here has been checking out the January filers thread at VSC. Of around 70 or so VSC filers in January here on visajourney, there have already been 17 NOA2's....

Actually 17 of 63 January VSC filers from visajourney have gotten NOA2's

Emmett Fitz-Hume: I'm sorry I'm late, I had to attend the reading of a will. I had to stay till the very end, and I found out I received nothing... broke my arm.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Some of us here are CSC filers and don't quite share your enthusiasm. SORRY!!!

usflag1ex1wu2.gifphflag1cu8ef4.gif

dsc004701cw2.th.jpg

Timeline

Understood... and no hard feelings. Most of us don't have a choice where we get to file. I am just saying that as February filers from VSC there is reason to communicate and begin to support eachother in a different way with the imminent approvals.

I hope that the factors which cause VSC to speed up also affect CSC as well.

AMEN! I know exactly how you feel.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi everyone! my fiance filed I-129F last Feb. 9 at California Service Center. It was received on Feb. 11 and the check was encashed the same day however until now he has not receive NOA1. I already have the case number though and when I checked it on the USCIS site it states that NOA1 has already been sent. does it take that long before he receive NOA1? I hope someone can enlighten me on this because I'm quite worried.

"We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28

[/url]

hi everyone! my fiance filed I-129F last Feb. 9 at California Service Center. It was received on Feb. 11 and the check was encashed the same day however until now he has not receive NOA1. I already have the case number though and when I checked it on the USCIS site it states that NOA1 has already been sent. does it take that long before he receive NOA1? I hope someone can enlighten me on this because I'm quite worried.

It does seem very odd that he hasn't received it. I just read on the USCIS page that if you haven't received your NOA1 within 14 days of them saying they sent it you should call customer service. I filed right around the same time and I received my NOA1 within a few days of them cashing the check. It's probably worth him calling to see what's up. Maybe they need to send another copy.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It does seem very odd that he hasn't received it. I just read on the USCIS page that if you haven't received your NOA1 within 14 days of them saying they sent it you should call customer service. I filed right around the same time and I received my NOA1 within a few days of them cashing the check. It's probably worth him calling to see what's up. Maybe they need to send another copy.

Thank you so much. I've been really waiting for any reply here because it's driving me crazy. I know it's just a NOA1 but I want to make sure that they have the right address and other info. Since you and my fiance filed on the same day then I'll keep track of your timeline. Hopefully we won't have any prob on this. thanks again.

"We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28

[/url]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Just wanted to wish a happy day to all February Filers! :)

Kisses

Yoko

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

The VSC Jan filers are now up to 21 approvals as of last night. I do pray that CSC gets thier butt in gear soon though. I hate that there is such a delay between the two centers.

<group hug>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.