Beauty for Ashes

from a moroccan forum discussing white marriage or marriage for papers

159 posts in this topic

Did someone say Biscuits?????????????????????? I could of sworn I heard Red Lobster, the depression has came and has decided to hang out a little. Biscuits, shame on whoever mention BISCUITS!!!!!!!!!!!

yummyen5.jpg

Maybe shrimp to go with the biscuits :thumbs:

featuremenulanding2kk9.jpg

Those biscuits look soo good but I'm sorry the shrimp looks nasty. It may have to do with the fact that I hate all forms of meat, chicken, and seafood right now.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

you guys suck. made me throw my diet right out the window since because of the bisquit talk i had to get kfc for dinner tonight. :angry::angry:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
:wacko:

Now about this biscuit mix. Do you add just eggs and water?

you just add water. Its not plain bisquick, its a mix made by bisquick specifically for cheese and garlic biscuits. they also have honey butter and maybe a cinnamony one but the cheese garlic is by far the best. we love it but my mother in law thought they were the weirdest thing ever. nothing at all like good old fashioned Moroccan bread ;)

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

you guys suck. made me throw my diet right out the window since because of the bisquit talk i had to get kfc for dinner tonight. :angry::angry:

KFC.....EW. :wacko:

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
I believe that even if they married someone for a green card, something can happen after a couple of months since they are together for a long time and they can really start to love and see the sacrifice the other person is making. I'm pretty sure that occurs alot when they go in thinking its a game but it ends up becomming serious. But the using of the green card and having a gf on the side it still does occur. One thing I don't like is when Christian women change to Islam for their husbands b/c of love simply because they like how arab culture is, and want to be apartof it or don't want hardship in the future, etc.. Women should stand up for their rights. No man can use a strong hearted and minded woman.

This is absolutely true Sarah.... absolutely so.... I know you are algerian so you , reading my post below will be able to relate to alot of the emotions I am having. You are an algerian woman and you know how badly algerian women are judged and how western wives are perceived. A wife is your "niff", how you are perceived ( niff means nose) and neighbors and family can be really harsh on a man's choice of bride. In some ways I wish I knew LESS than I do because I really "get" for the most part, how women are perceived. I have spent years devoted to the history of Algeria and I have a loving relationship with its people. Even if I was to be badly hurt by my husband, I would not lose my love for that country or its people. But with that, I also know the limitations of the culture and how women are perceived. American women, especially highly educated American women do not have a great deal in common with the average Algerian housewife, who s duty is to have coffee ready at 4 and all meals ready and clothes ironed. You are there to make his life worth coming home to, NOT to have a mouth or mind of your own. Cooking is valued. Housekeeping is valued. This is what women are born to do. When a man marries, he wants a woman his mom likes.... that the bottom line. The good the bad the ugly so be it. There are things you just cannot fight...

If your marriage survives cultural norms... yeah

If it doesnt, keep in mind there is a whole lot more than love involved thats for sure

And if it can survive war and family drama you are all good.

But wahrania you described the life of palistinians perfectly:) A woman there too only cooks nad cleans. And my sister in law here has no husband now that supports her and she believes she sits at home on her butt and I work to support her so she does not have to work. Not just that, but how do you actually deal with the difference between the women (ie...the algerian/arab housewife and the super hyperactive American woman who is always out and about?) How do you deal with them bashing your culture (saying American men cannot be better than arab, an American woman cannot cook, arab families are better than american, etc, etc) No, my husband does not talk to me like this btw. So it's not him:)

June 14, 2007 Sent I130 to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

June 15, 2007 Confirmed on usps.com that VSC has received packet

June 29, 2007 Check cashed by USCIS (hey they opened my packet!)

June 30, 2007 Received NOA1

July 7, 2007 I130 touched

July 9, 2007 I130 touched

July 10, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 24, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Oct. 1, 2007 On my way to Palestine

Oct. 5, 2007 I130 approved, transferrerd to NVC YAY!!!!

Oct. 16, 2007 Return to US, ranks one of the saddest day of my life:(

Oct. 27, 2007 Agent form/AOS bill received from NVC

Nov 1, 2007 Overnighted AOS payment to NVC

Nov. 29, 2007 Received AOS form from NVC

Dec. 20, 2007 overnighted I864 packet to NVC

Timeline

But wahrania you described the life of palistinians perfectly:) A woman there too only cooks nad cleans. And my sister in law here has no husband now that supports her and she believes she sits at home on her butt and I work to support her so she does not have to work. Not just that, but how do you actually deal with the difference between the women (ie...the algerian/arab housewife and the super hyperactive American woman who is always out and about?) How do you deal with them bashing your culture (saying American men cannot be better than arab, an American woman cannot cook, arab families are better than american, etc, etc) No, my husband does not talk to me like this btw. So it's not him:)

Absolutely not true.

How many Palestinian women do you even know ?

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Absolutely not true.

How many Palestinian women do you even know ?

I just reread what I wrotel I'm sorry. I did not mean to stereotype "all". That is certainly not true:(

June 14, 2007 Sent I130 to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

June 15, 2007 Confirmed on usps.com that VSC has received packet

June 29, 2007 Check cashed by USCIS (hey they opened my packet!)

June 30, 2007 Received NOA1

July 7, 2007 I130 touched

July 9, 2007 I130 touched

July 10, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 24, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Oct. 1, 2007 On my way to Palestine

Oct. 5, 2007 I130 approved, transferrerd to NVC YAY!!!!

Oct. 16, 2007 Return to US, ranks one of the saddest day of my life:(

Oct. 27, 2007 Agent form/AOS bill received from NVC

Nov 1, 2007 Overnighted AOS payment to NVC

Nov. 29, 2007 Received AOS form from NVC

Dec. 20, 2007 overnighted I864 packet to NVC

Timeline
I just reread what I wrotel I'm sorry. I did not mean to stereotype "all". That is certainly not true:(

OK glad we got that straightened out ! :thumbs:

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
:wacko:

Now about this biscuit mix. Do you add just eggs and water?

Bisquick's got some egg or something in it. Just add water.

( Imo, better than the topic. )

Use a Halal or Kosher cheese. ;)

Like Cabot cheese ( HINT HINT: All Cabot's cheeses are -best you'll ever have -PLUS- they're Halal/Kosher = *REAL* Lacto-Vegetarian [aka: no pork bellies.])

No Sonic here either. That's it, we're moving south.

Of course there is no Sonic here.Anything cool always takes 20 years to get to RI.

Ha ha! RI!

Worse than CT I guess. See, it takes forever for anything to get here - BUT - we're closer to NYC.

That's an advantage.

KFC.....EW. :wacko:

KFC......Oh nooooooo ! :blink:

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.