Beauty for Ashes

from a moroccan forum discussing white marriage or marriage for papers

159 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
there is a Bisquick mix in a little yellow bag, you just add water, for Cheese and Garlic biscuits. if you brush them with melted butter after they come out of the oven I swear they are the exact same thing as the red lobster biscuits. The mix is always by like the muffins and cornbread mixes in the grocery. I highly recommend it.

omg that sounds SOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
Uh oh not this again! :blink:

Any woman who is insecure will talk about their "noble" attributes and talk down about women they're "jealous" of. Doesn't matter where they come from.

It's a form a jealously that these North African women display...

They think of all the negative stereo types of "western women" and compare that to their own perceived "noble qualities."

Really, displays the smallness of their minds.

However, that being said....there are still some scoundrels out their who do prey on lonely western women.

:pop:

This topic was started because of a post by Wahrania in regards to North African women discussing marrying americans, but then dumping them to marry Morrocan females. And how sometimes these Morrocan women seem PERPLEXED when the Morrocan men stay with their American wives and do not get a Morrocan wife.

Have you ever lived for any real length of time in a non-western culture?

Edited by Nutty

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:wacko:

Now about this biscuit mix. Do you add just eggs and water?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have tried that mix. It's a god substitute; but nothing seems to beat actually eating them hot out of the oven in a Red Lobster restaurant.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Bisquick's got some egg or something in it. Just add water.

( Imo, better than the topic. )

Use a Halal or Kosher cheese. ;)

Like Cabot cheese ( HINT HINT: All Cabot's cheeses are -best you'll ever have -PLUS- they're Halal/Kosher = *REAL* Lacto-Vegetarian [aka: no pork bellies.])

No Sonic here either. That's it, we're moving south.

Of course there is no Sonic here.Anything cool always takes 20 years to get to RI.

Ha ha! RI!

Worse than CT I guess. See, it takes forever for anything to get here - BUT - we're closer to NYC.

Edited by KyanWan

The moral of my story: Stick with someone who matches your own culture.

( This coming from an Arab who married an Arab from overseas... go figure. )

Timeline

Any woman who is insecure will talk about their "noble" attributes and talk down about women they're "jealous" of. Doesn't matter where they come from.

They think of all the negative stereo types of "western women" and compare that to their own perceived "noble qualities."

However, that being said....there are still some scoundrels out their who do prey on lonely western women.

This topic was started because of a post by Wahrania in regards to North African women discussing marrying americans, but then dumping them to marry Morrocan females. And how sometimes these Morrocan women seem PERPLEXED when the Morrocan men stay with their American wives and do not get a Morrocan wife. Whether you like it or not, the subject was presented in a CULTURAL CONTEXT.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This topic was started because of a post by Wahrania in regards to North African women discussing marrying americans, but then dumping them to marry Morrocan females. And how sometimes these Morrocan women seem PERPLEXED when the Morrocan men stay with their American wives and do not get a Morrocan wife.

I'm pretty sure if you go back and reread some of Wahrania's posts, you will see that she has. Is that what you were asking?

That above statement is no lie. I've had first hand experience. Though, not from the middle east.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

I'm pretty sure if you go back and reread some of Wahrania's posts, you will see that she has. Is that what you were asking?

I am responding to MOODY. Not Wahrania

Edited by Nutty

:huh:

Whoever said North African/ Middle Eastern women are jealous of the western women hahaha this is not true 1 bit. That offends me big time that's why im saying something. Men who don't have money or family attributes to marry in his country he goes online to find a wife abroad for a better life and sometimes he will really fall in love and sometimes he will use her. Don't get me wrong all cultures have men and women who search for somebody totally different maybe they want a wife or husband to look a certain way or have a certain way of life so they also look online or abroad. Some people get sick of their own countries and cultures and like to join another I know it happens. But to say we're jealous of western women this is absolutely bizarre. This generation of MENA women in arab countries all have backbones we have a right to choose who we want to marry or talk to. I work in an office And we have employees including myself who help arabic speaking foreigners in USA & Whenever a MENA man comes every once in a while with A western wife no matter what the age young or old. The western woman always shows an attitude or wont even shake my hand after her husband shakes my hand and speaks so respectfully to me asking which country im from, etc... Not to be rude to who posted that but are YOU jealous of MENA women your husband talked to before you? Or he might have mentioned that his country has beautiful women?? You shouldn't bash on other women like that. Jealousy is disgusting not to mention a sin.

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Filed: Timeline

No I've never lived in the Mid East for any length of time. My current husband isn't my only glimpse into that culture. Not sure what actually living there would make a difference but ok (as if I've never known Arab women here in the states). Anyways..sure I've known Arab women to do this but I've also known American women to do it, too. I've known black women to talk smack about white women for dating "their" men and vice versa. I work with some catty betches who do this to other women in the office. My mother is Sicilian and boy do those women do it. At any rate my point is that not *only* Arab women do it and it's not really fair to just point them out.

Filed: Timeline

I also wanted to add...I've been guilty of behaving that way myself. I believe all women have at one time or another. Most won't admit it to themselves though. And Nutty, you know you've been catty about MENA women yourself. Just by posting what you did proves that you've done it whether you want to admit it or not.

I also wanted to add...I've been guilty of behaving that way myself. I believe all women have at one time or another. Most won't admit it to themselves though. And Nutty, you know you've been catty about MENA women yourself. Just by posting what you did proves that you've done it whether you want to admit it or not.

Yeah, it may have been the "smallness of their minds" comment. :angry:

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Timeline

I AM jealous of MENA women! My SIL has the absolute most beautiful skin! I want that skin sooo bad. Funny thing, she says she wants mine (silly girl).

All in all this has nothing to do with culture, just personalities. I don't know very many Arab women, mosty my husbands family, but they are wonderful....all of them. I love them to death!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Did someone say Biscuits?????????????????????? I could of sworn I heard Red Lobster, the depression has came and has decided to hang out a little. Biscuits, shame on whoever mention BISCUITS!!!!!!!!!!!

yummyen5.jpg

Maybe shrimp to go with the biscuits :thumbs:

featuremenulanding2kk9.jpg

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Timeline

That was so cruel! Showing pics like that! And dinner is 2 hours away yet! I am going to have to take out my pants to fit just from the weight I gained drolling over those biscuits and shrimp!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.