jego ryu

how and when did you meet your fiance,fiancee,husband or wife

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

It is kind of weird.

I met my husband on ICQ in 2001. I didn't care about him though until two years later when I was meant to live with this crazy old bittch Oldenburg and was in need of serious rescuing. Add some beer to that and 4.5 years later, we are married with a kid. My husband often says he should send a Thank You note to the old woman for being batshit insane, otherwise we probably would not of met in person.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
hi everybody ,i know you wont forget the day you met your honey,you can share it here....

I met my fiance in 1981 in Chorrrera,Panama.He was 5 and I was 11.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

we met online in a MSN chatroom called Soft and Gentle (named after two people with the nics Soft Southern and Gentle Giant :P ).....

I wasn't looking for anybody and neither was he.... I did find him annoying at first :P but then we just started chatting with each and we could talk about anything .... then we started talking on the phone.... we met in person about 8 months after our first meeting online... and the rest is history (L)

it will have been 6 years ago a couple of weeks ago that we first met online....

and we will be married for 4 years this March 6th... :)

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
hi everybody ,i know you wont forget the day you met your honey,you can share it here....

I met my fiance in 1981 in Chorrrera,Panama at his mother's house.I was there visiting on shcool vacation.He was 5 and I was 11.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Saw Edi on webcam the first time, didnt care, he was dorky lol

went to romania with friends, and ended up at a climbing contest, and who was in the competition? EDI :)

We met in person, talked for a few months online and on phone after i returned home, and fell in love. I went back to Romania and lived 1.5 years with him in Romania, and then he came here.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline
Platy found me in the aisle of our local Tesco with my nose shoved in a jar of Nutella. The rest is history!

someone sweet eating something sweet? how could he resist? :D

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Platy found me in the aisle of our local Tesco with my nose shoved in a jar of Nutella. The rest is history!

Actually more like someone nutty eating something nutty! :P

Timeline

Actually more like someone nutty eating something nutty! :P

:lol:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Hubby was my client when I was a hooker back in Acapulco. Gave him frequent freebies, always under the influence of alcohol and mind altering substances and snared him in my tangled web of lies :devil: , so I could come to America, have green card and a chance for a better life. :thumbs:

(sounds more exciting than "well, we were in Nerds-R-Us and found each other intellectually compatible" :lol:)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hubby was my client when I was a hooker back in Acapulco. Gave him frequent freebies, always under the influence of alcohol and mind altering substances and snared him in my tangled web of lies :devil: , so I could come to America, have green card and a chance for a better life. :thumbs:

(sounds more exciting than "well, we were in Nerds-R-Us and found each other intellectually compatible" :lol:)

What a beautiful story! :cry: I'm touched. I would also like to option this post for a rom-com.

oh wow Len...this is such a classic, romantic story.

Thanks for sharing (F)

*cough* :blink:

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Does he wish he was still a paying client? Or happy with the free services?

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
An interesting story, actually. We met onboard a spaceship piloted by aliens from the planet Kraag. We had both been abducted to make up a the numbers for a party the Kraagians were having. (Apparently the captain, who was retiring, wasn't very popular. I didn't get all the details, but it sounded like he had wandering tentacles, if you know what I mean.) Anyway, I was waiting in line for my ####### probe and she had just been given the usual abductee speech - "blah, blah, you're killing your planet, blah, blah, learn to live in peace, etc..." when our eyes met. We started chatting, and I made a joke about whether I'd be able to sit down later, and so on. Long story short, after an extremely boring party (they didn't even have Twiglets) they dropped us off in the middle of Nevada with our memories erased. I hitch-hiked back to the UK with a extra large tube of Preparation H and carried on my normal life. Six months later, at a hypnosis stage show, I recalled the event and decided to look her up. We met shortly after, and that's when things started getting really bizarre and confusing. :)

Was the Captain's name, Crypto? I think I know the guy. I hear he's selling insurance now in Denver.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

...and here I thought you two met at one of our Commies for Christ rallies. Your version is certainly a lot more romantic, sis.