kd4pba

Visitor Visa for Mother in law denied

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My mother in law wants to travel from Mexico to the US to see her Grandson. We THOUGHT we had everything covered. She went today to her appointment only to find her self denied.

They stated that her job, As a teacher, is not a reliable line of work. They also stated that my wife who came here on a K1, does not exist in their system. They stated that the paperwork we provided, Bank statements, letters, Childs birth Certficate and so on, were not real.

I am trying to determine what logic these people use and how to get her a visa or is that just going to be impossible?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Get a copy of whatever paperwork the consulate gave your mother in law.

Contact the dept of state here, ask them about the case.

Contact your congressman.

Thats BS that they accused her of having fraudulent papers.

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I am trying to determine what logic these people use and how to get her a visa or is that just going to be impossible?

Who said US CO's use any logic when issuing tourist visas? The sad truth is that they'll deny whoever they want and for whatever reasons, valid or not.

I'm really sorry about this, it's not fair, but it is what it is.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Oh it gets even better.

So when she went for the visa, they asked about my wife. So my mother in law told them, she came here on a K1. They asked for my wife's name. First they said it was not in the system. Then they wanted to see her Greencard. Now, why in the hell would my mother in law have my wife's green card. She said, she may be able to get a copy, they said they needed the Original???????

So then they find my wife in the system. They said that her name was in the system wrong. My Mother in law told them, it changed when she got married. They said well its wrong, and we do not see this K1 visa. My wife came here like 3 years ago, we are in the middle of removing conditions, so its not like she is here illegally. Her green card is still valid.

SO then this idiot says they should flag my wife since here information is not correct??

So my wife is supposed to fly back tomorrow with my Son. Now my mother in law is sick because of the stress, my wife and child are upset and worried about having issues with immigration all because some idiot In Mexico City wants to be on a power trip and try to intimidate someone who is simply trying to get a tourist visa. My mother in law had ALL the CORRECT paperwork.

I am curious if anyone else has had this same kind of issue, especially in Mexico City?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I cant offer any other advise but off my best wishes that this gets resolved quickly.

In a way Im glad that your wife is going to try and get this sorted out. Im sorry for the stress though, that cant be nice. Make sure she takes down any and all paperwork including her NOA2's to prove that she did go through there for her process and then tell her to tell that officious little man to go.. hang on better not do that.

When I see people like yourself trying to do everything correctly and someone just trying to tye one over that really annoys me about this broken immigration system

My best wishes to you and your family.

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Are there any other family members in the US out of status?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.