SweetAngel06

Advance Chest X-ray

17 posts in this topic

Were currently waiting case to be completed. Since we (filipino) are highly susceptible to become a TB candidate I am anxious to be one of them now Im thinking to have an early chest xray examination to a private hospital just to make sure everything's ok. Assuming negative result do we (me and my son) need to undergo repeat xray in SLEC even if we had latest chest xray exam? (of course film to be presented) Does Sputum test only for those who are a positive TB applicant? What are the medical procedure for my 4 yrs old son?

Pls enlighten me guys

Thanks

p1010202qr6.jpg

-------

CR1-CR2

06/22/07 - Sent I-130

12/04/07 - Approved

06/26/08 - Interview

07/04/08 - Visa on hand

08/08/08 - Arrived in US

08/21/08 - SSN and GC in mail

Removing Conditions

06/15/10 - Mailed I-751 packet via USPS

06/17/10 - Delivered to CSC

06/22/10 - Check was cashed

06/24/10 - Received NOA letter (Dated 6/17/10)

07/03/10 - Received biometric letter (Biometric Appointment dated 07/23/10)

07/20/10 - Early biometric done

08/13/10 - APPROVED

Hi kittykat! :)

You can have your chest xray before you go medical @ SLEC. You can bring the plates with you for their comparison, but still you will undergo a CXR just for SLEC's protocol. Sputum Test are given to those who they found something irregular or suspicious in the lungs.

Hope this helps kittykat, sorry but I do not have idea what processes are included for a four-year old child. You can ask Ate Helen, she is the most helpfl VJ doctor I met. :yes:

Miss you Ate Helen! (i know you'll read this post!) :D

Hope the best on your medical!

Give us an update ha!

-jyz (F)

I had chest xray a month before my medical but I didnt bring the film, I just told the lady I didnt bring it and she wrote "last xray film lost" and I had to undergo another chest xray. I believe the packet 4 would tell you if your son has to have an xray.If I remember right, those below 15 years are not required to have blood tests , im just not sure about the xray.

Hope this helps.

Myla

Edited by jom

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Hi! You can always have a CXR done prior to your medical exam, and you can bring the CXR plates on your medical exam so SLEC can make a comparison study. But this may not be necessary, but for those who are not sure (especially if they have coughs and colds) they can have it done for "peace of mind" :blush:, so when they go to SLEC they know that they are negative for any pulmonaryu/lung problems. But SLEC will still have to do a CXR on all applicants because that's the protocol and their results/remarks are the only ones that will be forwarded (and accepted) to USEM.

Also, you can always have an early medical exam at SLEC, so you don't have to go to a private hospital for the CXR. I had my medical exam 1 month early.

Good Luck on your medical.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Thank You guys for the info! :)

God bless you all

p1010202qr6.jpg

-------

CR1-CR2

06/22/07 - Sent I-130

12/04/07 - Approved

06/26/08 - Interview

07/04/08 - Visa on hand

08/08/08 - Arrived in US

Removing Conditions

08/13/10 - APPROVED

Were currently waiting case to be completed. Since we (filipino) are highly susceptible to become a TB candidate I am anxious to be one of them now Im thinking to have an early chest xray examination to a private hospital just to make sure everything's ok. Assuming negative result do we (me and my son) need to undergo repeat xray in SLEC even if we had latest chest xray exam? (of course film to be presented) Does Sputum test only for those who are a positive TB applicant? What are the medical procedure for my 4 yrs old son?

Pls enlighten me guys

Thanks

Definitely get you and anak CXRs as early as possible.

I has my wife and anak do so 6 months before we thought they'd have the SLEC medical and it turned out my anak had Primary Syntrom as was treated and cured before the SLEC medical.

St. Lukes did require anak to have 2 CRX which turned out negative and they were not delayed at all.

They had their SLEC medical almost 2 months before the scheduled one naman.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

hi!

Yeah thats what Im thinking of.. Ive been exposed to a TB patient for about a month, I was assigned to inject her meds everyday until to the last though I know for the fact that she was under treatable stage. I havent had any sign and symptoms but assurance is what Ive been looking for. My son is always with me and theres a big possiblity that he might also have it. (Only if I am affected))

To make things less stressful we gonna do a chest Xray in the middle of feb

p1010202qr6.jpg

-------

CR1-CR2

06/22/07 - Sent I-130

12/04/07 - Approved

06/26/08 - Interview

07/04/08 - Visa on hand

08/08/08 - Arrived in US

Removing Conditions

08/13/10 - APPROVED

I too was exposed to TB patients since i worked for the government's DOTS program last year for 6 months and then went back to the hospital for pediatrics training. Not all TB patient will have symptoms thats why i was worried too so for my own peace of mind, i went and had my xray done yesterday and was so relieved it was normal. Xrays of children less than 7 years of age will almost always turn out to be normal even if they have Primary Koch's infection because the scarring will still not be evident at this time. Only the second infection (which usually occurs during adolescence or adulthood) will most often cause scarring in the xray film. So for younger children, a PPD test is more reliable than an xray or sputum (since most kids can't expectorate). However, I have no idea what the SLEC's protocol is for children with Primary Koch's. So for those waiting for their interview dates with kids, better have them tested for it so u can start treatment as early as possible (treatment is usually 6-9months depending on the kids' response to meds).

:star:

Sent N400: Oct 27, 2011

NOA: Nov 1, 2011

Biometrics: Nov 16, 2011

Yellow letter date: 12/14/2011

Yellow letter received: 12/19/2011

i forgot to add, symptoms of primary koch's in children is usually failure to gain weight, loss of appetite, night sweats, cervical lymphadenopathies (kulani sa leeg) and only a few percent will have cough and fever. History of exposure to a TB patient is key to diagnosis. Kids cannot contract TB with their playmates. Only if they were exposed to an adult TB patient will kids have the infection :)

Sent N400: Oct 27, 2011

NOA: Nov 1, 2011

Biometrics: Nov 16, 2011

Yellow letter date: 12/14/2011

Yellow letter received: 12/19/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello...this is our recent experience. My wife had her medical exam and chest ex-ray, they just gave her a copy of her ex-ray and approved her finace visa. They did not tell her anything after the medical exam. After we applied for her adjustment when she got there to the USA, we got a notice saying she had a class B medical condition...but she was never told she had one, they wound up denying her AOS because we did not provide her afollow up for that...we never knew what to follow for...so after your exam and chest e-ray specifically ask them if you have a class b medical condition and if you ned to follow up with a civil surgeon here in the USA to make sure you do not have infectios TB or need treatment or clearnace ect.......

Pls enlighten me guys

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Update on our xray:

Me and my son went to the private hospital for the Chest Xray as a result both lungs are all cleared :thumbs:

Were on the last step to complete our case at the NVC... sooner or later Medical and Interview coming up :)

p1010202qr6.jpg

-------

CR1-CR2

06/22/07 - Sent I-130

12/04/07 - Approved

06/26/08 - Interview

07/04/08 - Visa on hand

08/08/08 - Arrived in US

Removing Conditions

08/13/10 - APPROVED

as everyone said yes u can!!!

to be honest since i have a bone density in my rib which is so close to my left lung the first xray that they'd do, they always assume i have a lung problem. so they keep on taking xrays on me in every angle lol :blush: ... so i got worried about that for my med exam, so in the yr of 2006 at least i have had 6 xray before my med exam in dec. 2006... i even brought my one week old xray film from a private hospital just so they could compare it. but they didnt want it since they want at least 3 months old film... good luck!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

as everyone said yes u can!!!

to be honest since i have a bone density in my rib which is so close to my left lung the first xray that they'd do, they always assume i have a lung problem. so they keep on taking xrays on me in every angle lol :blush: ... so i got worried about that for my med exam, so in the yr of 2006 at least i have had 6 xray before my med exam in dec. 2006... i even brought my one week old xray film from a private hospital just so they could compare it. but they didnt want it since they want at least 3 months old film... good luck!!!

i am also worried .. reading the health issues during SLEC interview, what did you ask kittykat to have your xrays done ( lungs) to check on this area.

You can undergo Xray even without doctor referral/order. Just tell them you just want to check you lungs for advance medical check up

p1010202qr6.jpg

-------

CR1-CR2

06/22/07 - Sent I-130

12/04/07 - Approved

06/26/08 - Interview

07/04/08 - Visa on hand

08/08/08 - Arrived in US

Removing Conditions

08/13/10 - APPROVED

• 10 months later...

They will give children a TB skin test, if it remains red or if they think it left a spot after the 2nd day they will do an x-ray like they did for my fiancees 2 kids. The Xray will determine weather they see a scar, spots or what not.

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.