jason&Marla

Feb./March Scheduled Interviews in Jamaica

269 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gill, was u woulda duh if dem tell yuh, yuh cyan bring milk fi u pickney...well of course mi do di same ting dash weh every bit of it ...and den tell dem when she start bawl there is nuttin mi can do ...so di res a di passengers a go feel it....and mi a go bodda oonuh hostess like there is no tomorrow fi juice and whatever else dem store back dere :lol:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats to all that have an interview coming up in Feb/March. I am so jealous but happy none-the-less for you all. One day I will be sharing my good news and celebrating with you all

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We got an Interview Date ------------------- March 11, 2008 @ 8:00am

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUESTION CONCERNING INTERVIEW?????????????????

1. Does my SO's child have to go to the interview?

2. Does my SO's child have to get a medical as well?

We filed K-3 and her daughter is a K-4

Sorry 1 more question?????????

How many days past the interview should I plan on before she can come to America?

Need to buy plane tickets and I want to be safe.

Jason & Marla Stephens

I-130 TIME-LINE

mailed to TSC: 4/3/07

NOA1: 4/11/07

Touch: 7/24/07

NOA2: 10/10/07 (e-mail)

NOA2 hardcopy: 10/16/07

I-129f TIME-LINE

Met: 2/24/06

Married: 3/15/07

Visit my wife on: 4/29/ to 5/3/07

Mailed to Chicago: 5/17/07

NOA1: 5/23/07

Transferred to CSC 5/28/07

CSC recieved (pending): 6/05/07

Touch: 6/19/07

Touch: 8/13/07 on a Sun.?

Touch: 8/14/07 Getting Excited!!!

Visit my wife on: 9/30/07 thru 10/07/07

Called USCIS on: 10/10/07

NOA2 Hardcopy: 10/16/07

NVC recieved: 10/20/07

NVC mailed out: 10/31/07

Consulate recieved: 11/02/07

Pkt 3 sent out: 11/04/07 NEVER RECEIVED

Visit my wife on: 11/11/07 thru 12/02/07

Picked up Pkt3: 12/27/07 and dropped it off the same day

Medical: 02/28/08

Interview Date: 03/11/08 @ 8:00 am (got blue sheet for not having proof of filed I-130)

Follow up appt.: 04/24/08 12:30pm .... they are saying its a 2nd interview (APPROVED)

K3 Visa recieved: 05-14-08

US Entry: 05-15-08

Applied for EAD 08-20-08

EAD NOA1 08-28-08

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

How many days past the interview should I plan on before she can come to America?

J.,

1).We are taking my step-son to be with us.

2). We are making sure that we have my step-son-to-be's shot card and medical history with us.

3). From former Yardie filers I see an average of 7-10 business days til SO gets the actual visa in hand!

The medical question about child is a good one. I will call the 202 number I gave you and ask.

I filed a K1 & K2.

I CAN'T BELIEVE WE HAVE THE SAME DATE!!!!

That's awesome...GOOD LUCK J!!!! How did you find out?

Bless,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

J.,

2). We are making sure that we have my step-son-to-be's shot card and medical history with us.

3). From former Yardie filers I see an average of 7-10 business days til SO gets the actual visa in hand!

The medical question about child is a good one. I will call the 202 number I gave you and ask.

I filed a K1 & K2.

Bless,

Gill

I called the 202# you gave me

Jason & Marla Stephens

I-130 TIME-LINE

mailed to TSC: 4/3/07

NOA1: 4/11/07

Touch: 7/24/07

NOA2 hardcopy: 10/16/07

I-129f TIME-LINE

Met: 2/24/06

Married: 3/15/07

Visit my wife on: 4/29/ to 5/3/07

Mailed to Chicago: 5/17/07

NOA1: 5/23/07

Transferred to CSC 5/28/07

CSC recieved (pending): 6/05/07

Touch: 6/19/07

Touch: 8/13/07 on a Sun.?

Touch: 8/14/07 Getting Excited!!!

Visit my wife on: 9/30/07 thru 10/07/07

Called USCIS on: 10/10/07

NOA2 Hardcopy: 10/16/07

NVC recieved: 10/20/07

NVC mailed out: 10/31/07

Consulate recieved: 11/02/07

Pkt 3 sent out: 11/04/07 NEVER RECEIVED

Visit my wife on: 11/11/07 thru 12/02/07

Picked up Pkt3: 12/27/07 and dropped it off the same day

Medical: 02/28/08

Interview Date: 03/11/08 @ 8:00 am (got blue sheet for not having proof of filed I-130)

Follow up appt.: 04/24/08 12:30pm .... they are saying its a 2nd interview (APPROVED)

K3 Visa recieved: 05-14-08

US Entry: 05-15-08

Applied for EAD 08-20-08

EAD NOA1 08-28-08

Timeline

J.,

I filed a K1 & K2.

Bless,

Gill

I called the 202# you gave me

Good Deal!!! :thumbs: ...Save that number...we can call them after the interview (G-d willing with approvals) to ask them if Visa has been printed...this way we have a good estimate on exactly when our SO's should get them in hand!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Some have taken as long as 2 weeks from interview to receipt of visa.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Some have taken as long as 2 weeks from interview to receipt of visa.

Yeah JG.,

That's about the average...10 business day or 2 weeks... :( ...I've heard other Embassies give it same day or next day!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
Mi usually no have no problem..except dis one time ..dis fiesty gyal ask mi..u didn't bring anything for ur husband ? mi tell har no..mi cyant afford it... :lol: and den wid har brite self..."is this ring ur wedding band"... :angry: u no know how mi did waan trace har...no ###### mi just luv act like married and wear one ring pon dis blasted finga :lol:

Wah Haaa!!! Kimmy!!!

This reminds me of my time thru immigration and customs after being married. I never got asked much of anything before I was married and when i went after being married I got all sorts of questions. The immigration lady asked where my wedding was, my husbands name and address...his neighborhood the date of the wedding yada yada yada. i was like damn....you made cause you wasn't invited?!!

Then on to customs. I always get right thru. This time the lady look in my passport and say who yuh visit? i say my husband. She ask me what i carry down for him and his family. i say nothing, do I look like I'm rich and got all kinds of money to be showering people with random gifts!!! She took my word for it and let me go without a check. i didnt have nothing no way. But dang...some of the questions are stupid. Whats funny is that I think I'm being watched as a "drug smuggler"......long story.

LITA ME TOO!!!!

The last time I went to JA I was back in the States (CHarlotte, NC) and I make it through customs and security and I was about to get my bag and this officer was standing there and was all like "let me see your passport, are you alone, why did you go, what do you do, what does your husband do, where did you stay" I was like "oh no you dont"

You girls are going to have to tell your drug smuggler stories. I'm laughing already just thinking what they might be.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mi usually no have no problem..except dis one time ..dis fiesty gyal ask mi..u didn't bring anything for ur husband ? mi tell har no..mi cyant afford it... :lol: and den wid har brite self..."is this ring ur wedding band"... :angry: u no know how mi did waan trace har...no ###### mi just luv act like married and wear one ring pon dis blasted finga :lol:

Wah Haaa!!! Kimmy!!!

This reminds me of my time thru immigration and customs after being married. I never got asked much of anything before I was married and when i went after being married I got all sorts of questions. The immigration lady asked where my wedding was, my husbands name and address...his neighborhood the date of the wedding yada yada yada. i was like damn....you made cause you wasn't invited?!!

Then on to customs. I always get right thru. This time the lady look in my passport and say who yuh visit? i say my husband. She ask me what i carry down for him and his family. i say nothing, do I look like I'm rich and got all kinds of money to be showering people with random gifts!!! She took my word for it and let me go without a check. i didnt have nothing no way. But dang...some of the questions are stupid. Whats funny is that I think I'm being watched as a "drug smuggler"......long story.

LITA ME TOO!!!!

The last time I went to JA I was back in the States (CHarlotte, NC) and I make it through customs and security and I was about to get my bag and this officer was standing there and was all like "let me see your passport, are you alone, why did you go, what do you do, what does your husband do, where did you stay" I was like "oh no you dont"

You girls are going to have to tell your drug smuggler stories. I'm laughing already just thinking what they might be.

haha . You know, I guess there's a profile "look" of a female drug smuggler. You know the kind like in the movie Maria Full of Grace (GREAT movie by the way). So a common story is that you are a woman going back and forth to jamaica to visit a husband, but in reality your a drug smuggler like in that movie. Its apparently common, and I've seen the borchures about it that they give to kids. its crazy! The brochure is like a comic book, and shows a Jamaican girl who haivng a hard time making ends meet, her mother is sick and she has 2 babies. The thug drug dealers in her neighborhood entice her to make money by smuggling drugs in her system overseas. blah blah blah...it all goes down hill, and she ends up in jail, mom passes away and children become part of the system. CRAZY!! So I guess thats why these crazy questions come about, cause they are trying to see if i can prove that I really have a husband and the story is legit.

Congrats to all who have received interview dates!!I can't wait to be in that position.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

Wah Haaa!!! Kimmy!!!

LITA ME TOO!!!!

haha . You know, I guess there's a profile "look" of a female drug smuggler. You know the kind like in the movie Maria Full of Grace (GREAT movie by the way). So a common story is that you are a woman going back and forth to jamaica to visit a husband, but in reality your a drug smuggler like in that movie. Its apparently common, and I've seen the borchures about it that they give to kids. its crazy! The brochure is like a comic book, and shows a Jamaican girl who haivng a hard time making ends meet, her mother is sick and she has 2 babies. The thug drug dealers in her neighborhood entice her to make money by smuggling drugs in her system overseas. blah blah blah...it all goes down hill, and she ends up in jail, mom passes away and children become part of the system. CRAZY!! So I guess thats why these crazy questions come about, cause they are trying to see if i can prove that I really have a husband and the story is legit.

Congrats to all who have received interview dates!!I can't wait to be in that position.

I LOVE Maria Full of Grace. It came on cable the other day and Andre was like WTH? I said, you have to see this movie. He ended up sitting in the same spot the whole time, like he was mesmerized and couldn't move.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.