jason&Marla

Feb./March Scheduled Interviews in Jamaica

269 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Lawny,

woieeee...good fi yuh...mi always except go inna "nuttin to declare" mi no have nuttin fi oonuh search ...DEM try fi FIX..yeah rite..an is always di tuff dry face one dem gim demself trouble...But when mi did a get married the ppl dem charge mi something like $900 :angry: between me and mi fren dem wi mussi did have 9 bags :unsure::whistle: and den she come act like she do mi a favor bout "we didn't charge u for ur dress" :wacko::lol: like mi suppose to seh tonks...kissteet

Rahtid,

I thought that my friend was the only one they wanted to charge for her dress, shoes, tiara, vail, husband tux, his shoes...mi rass...I asked the oman if she was going to charge her fi ar patty tu. You know how DAVID's bridal have those $99 sales...she got one of those dress and the woman didn't believe her. It's a good thing I kept the receipt for my dress. The lady said that don't look like no hundri dollah dress

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Lawny,

woieeee...good fi yuh...mi always except go inna "nuttin to declare" mi no have nuttin fi oonuh search ...DEM try fi FIX..yeah rite..an is always di tuff dry face one dem gim demself trouble...But when mi did a get married the ppl dem charge mi something like $900 :angry: between me and mi fren dem wi mussi did have 9 bags :unsure::whistle: and den she come act like she do mi a favor bout "we didn't charge u for ur dress" :wacko::lol: like mi suppose to seh tonks...kissteet

Rahtid,

I thought that my friend was the only one they wanted to charge for her dress, shoes, tiara, vail, husband tux, his shoes...mi rass...I asked the oman if she was going to charge her fi ar patty tu. You know how DAVID's bridal have those $99 sales...she got one of those dress and the woman didn't believe her. It's a good thing I kept the receipt for my dress. The lady said that don't look like no hundri dollah dress

I had a bag of toys and clothes for Christmas one time. After they dug all through it, they wouldn't even look at the tags and receipts I had. I was fussing and cussing.....Eventually they "guessed" what the amount I should pay was. By that time, I was so tired of them, I said just get me the hell out of here. I ended up paying $20 more in customs then I paid for the whole lot of what I brought in.

And, I've always said they are too mean at the airport. It's the place I've seen Jamaicans treating other Jamaicans the rudest. I suppose if you give someone enough power, it will eventually to to their heads. Maybe they are just mad cause you can come and go and they can't.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
Lawny,

Rahtid,

I had a bag of toys and clothes for Christmas one time. After they dug all through it, they wouldn't even look at the tags and receipts I had. I was fussing and cussing.....Eventually they "guessed" what the amount I should pay was. By that time, I was so tired of them, I said just get me the hell out of here. I ended up paying $20 more in customs then I paid for the whole lot of what I brought in.

And, I've always said they are too mean at the airport. It's the place I've seen Jamaicans treating other Jamaicans the rudest. I suppose if you give someone enough power, it will eventually to to their heads. Maybe they are just mad cause you can come and go and they can't.

JG,

I have been saying that for many, many years. I face the same problems when I stay at hotels. Somtimes I just get fustrated and tell dem bout dem MUMAH! I love it when I'm talked about in PATWAH and I'm standing right there...I wait and then I rip into them with my RAW KUNTRI PATWAH

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:dance: **************I GOT A DATE********** :dance:

I called 202# today and they FINALLY gave me a date!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 @8:30am

Please call 202# and give them KNG #...I think the March dates ar in!!

Blessed Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mi usually no have no problem..except dis one time ..dis fiesty gyal ask mi..u didn't bring anything for ur husband ? mi tell har no..mi cyant afford it... :lol: and den wid har brite self..."is this ring ur wedding band"... :angry: u no know how mi did waan trace har...no ###### mi just luv act like married and wear one ring pon dis blasted finga :lol:

Wah Haaa!!! Kimmy!!!

This reminds me of my time thru immigration and customs after being married. I never got asked much of anything before I was married and when i went after being married I got all sorts of questions. The immigration lady asked where my wedding was, my husbands name and address...his neighborhood the date of the wedding yada yada yada. i was like damn....you made cause you wasn't invited?!!

Then on to customs. I always get right thru. This time the lady look in my passport and say who yuh visit? i say my husband. She ask me what i carry down for him and his family. i say nothing, do I look like I'm rich and got all kinds of money to be showering people with random gifts!!! She took my word for it and let me go without a check. i didnt have nothing no way. But dang...some of the questions are stupid. Whats funny is that I think I'm being watched as a "drug smuggler"......long story.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Lawny,

What the .....

Why the charge you $900...mi mussa miss dat wan!? I went down with soooo many bags for my wedding it was ridiclous!! i had a whole suitcase full of Chinese umbrellas and another of glass vases...then I had tons of decorations....they didnt say nothing but..."aw how cute...a wedding" I can't believe they charged you. i had to disperse my luggage across 2 different flights too. Me and my 2 sisters went down early and had tons...then my mom came a day later with 2 additional ones. Girl I had one suitcase full of FOOD!! haha

Timeline
Lawny,

Rahtid,

You know...I gotta say it...I think Jamaicans are rude in customer service...just about anywhere on that island. Its crazy. maybe cause I'm American and used to better customer service...but man i have never seen such rude people. The food store, hair shop, bank, registrar, hotel, restuarant...it don't matter rude!!! But I think many jamaicans are used to it so they don't even notice the rudeness as much. They just go along with it, but me...i'm like "what in the world is going on here?!"

Timeline
Mi usually no have no problem..except dis one time ..dis fiesty gyal ask mi..u didn't bring anything for ur husband ? mi tell har no..mi cyant afford it... :lol: and den wid har brite self..."is this ring ur wedding band"... :angry: u no know how mi did waan trace har...no ###### mi just luv act like married and wear one ring pon dis blasted finga :lol:

Wah Haaa!!! Kimmy!!!

This reminds me of my time thru immigration and customs after being married. I never got asked much of anything before I was married and when i went after being married I got all sorts of questions. The immigration lady asked where my wedding was, my husbands name and address...his neighborhood the date of the wedding yada yada yada. i was like damn....you made cause you wasn't invited?!!

Then on to customs. I always get right thru. This time the lady look in my passport and say who yuh visit? i say my husband. She ask me what i carry down for him and his family. i say nothing, do I look like I'm rich and got all kinds of money to be showering people with random gifts!!! She took my word for it and let me go without a check. i didnt have nothing no way. But dang...some of the questions are stupid. Whats funny is that I think I'm being watched as a "drug smuggler"......long story.

LITA ME TOO!!!!

The last time I went to JA I was back in the States (CHarlotte, NC) and I make it through customs and security and I was about to get my bag and this officer was standing there and was all like "let me see your passport, are you alone, why did you go, what do you do, what does your husband do, where did you stay" I was like "oh no you dont"

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline
:dance: **************I GOT A DATE********** :dance:

I called 202# today and they FINALLY gave me a date!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 @8:30am

Please call 202# and give them KNG #...I think the March dates ar in!!

Blessed Gill

you know that i'm friggin jealous right now....mi still kno hear nothin

Timeline
Lawny,

Rahtid,

You know...I gotta say it...I think Jamaicans are rude in customer service...just about anywhere on that island. Its crazy. maybe cause I'm American and used to better customer service...but man i have never seen such rude people. The food store, hair shop, bank, registrar, hotel, restuarant...it don't matter rude!!! But I think many jamaicans are used to it so they don't even notice the rudeness as much. They just go along with it, but me...i'm like "what in the world is going on here?!"

we aren't rude..... :lol:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello all.....

Our case was completed as of 12/13/07 and we still haven't received an interview date as of yet......His police record was clear and as far as I know all is well.......We are keeping our fingers crossed for a March interview date........Hopes got crushed when we didn't make a February date.......I keep praying to the Good Lord that we make a March date........

Peace & Love,

Tonya

Are you back stateside? or are you still on the island?

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

KIM, girl don't get me started. The last time I went home I had a lot of things, because I was going for my engagement party. I don't matter how hard I try I always get the DRY FACE ooman in customs (face look like she did a role it in FLOUR). She take my passport, look in it and say, oh, Jamaican born, can you go over there please with you luggage. Then they dig up my suitcases, dropped some of my clothes on the floor, was just plain RUDE. So, you know I lost it. I started talking very loudly, THIS IS HOW YOU TREAT A U.S. CITIZEN that comes to visit JAMAICA. Her supervisor ran over immediately. Oh, wait, don't let me forget about the laptop I had to turn on and show her that I know how to use it and my DS handheld game system (she nevah know seh big woman play with those...a pickney things)...saying that to her co-worker. I told the supevisor I'm sick and tired of this treatment. I went through the same thing 6 times last year. It's as if they're picking on my FAMILY. they did my dad like that in April, June and September. They were very rude. What upsets me the most is that they DIG up your luggage and don't even attempt to try and fix your things back...

To remedy the situation the supervisor told me to tell them I'm comming on vacation. I told him, don't even bother. That's what I filled on of the form that they gave me on the plane and that's what I told immigration and the DRY FACE OOMAN ovah deh so. Because, mi a U.S. citizen but JAMAICAN born unu wah treat mi differently...no sah dat naw go wurk.

Next time mi ago pretend like mi DEAF and waraitclaat DUMB and MAD... :angry:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: ROTFDWL....Lawd Lawny...is wat mi a guh duh wid yuh!! :crying::crying: Good fuh yuh though...dem dyam facety han bright!

I memba wan time mi was LEAVING JA han dem guh through mi carry on han fine mi Bath han Bodi works good good lotion (a brand new big bokkle of Sensual Amber)...dem tell mi seh mi cyaan't tekki! GURL, I was PISSED!!!! :angry:

Suh mi tell har mi a guh put some pon mi hand dem...mi walk ova tuh deh garbage can...put some pon mi hand han quick quick ton hit ova han DUMP... OUT...HEVERY...DROP inna the garbage.

Wan BIG DUTTY LINEBACKER officer come running hup pon mi..."MA'AM MA'AM YUH CYAAN'T DUH DAT...TOP HIT TOP HIT NOW!!!" AH start lickhoff mi arm...HARD! Mi seh 'Why?" (Still dashing deh lotion inna deh garbage)...Suh yuh can tek fi mi lotion han guh pretty hup fuh yuh man!? First of all...NOT PON MY DIME...gwaan guh buy yuh hown han Second..hit wouldda tek a HELLA alot more dan mi poor likkle lotion fi pretty YUH hup!!! NOW, KINDLY TEK YUH HAND OFFA MI...BEFORE MI HAFFI GUH CALL MI EMBASSY PON YUH!! I don't think they would appreciate you unjustly placing you hands on an AMERICAN CITIZEN!!!"...inna mi sweetest southern twang!!

Mi seh deh oddah Yardies behind mi pon line LAFF... dem laff dem laff dem laff huntil!! :lol::lol::lol:

Mi seh deh ooman Vex she Vex she Vex...huntil!!! But she knoa she couldn't do mi nuttin!!! Dem DYAM OUTTA HORDER!!

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Lawny,

What the .....

Why the charge you $900...mi mussa miss dat wan!? I went down with soooo many bags for my wedding it was ridiclous!! i had a whole suitcase full of Chinese umbrellas and another of glass vases...then I had tons of decorations....they didnt say nothing but..."aw how cute...a wedding" I can't believe they charged you. i had to disperse my luggage across 2 different flights too. Me and my 2 sisters went down early and had tons...then my mom came a day later with 2 additional ones. Girl I had one suitcase full of FOOD!! haha

Yes..a so dutty Kingston stay dem badmind lika wah..cyan stand dem...and di whole a dem just look like dem a roll inna flour as Lawny says... :lol::lol: I was overweight on every blasted things...I separated my glass vased between the nine suitcases :lol: so at least dem couldn't search di ole blasted 9 a dem...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.