khristena

Visit For Marriage visa UK

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I recently applied for a visit for marriage visa for the UK. The first application they denied on the basis of not providing enough info and proof that I would return to the US and that my fiance was indeed my fiance. I applied again with all the correct backup and they receieved my application this past Monday. I was sent an email stating it was approved and it came yesterday (jan 29th) After scanning and emailing to my fiance so he could send it along with my M10 forms to Scotland to the registrar, he noticed my visa type says "visit" and thats all. He called the registrars office who informed him this is not a visit for marriage visa and it should say something to the effect of "entry for marriage". He also called UK immigration and was told the same thing, although the person he spoke to at immigration seemed not too sure about that. Unfortunately when i call the British Consulate in Chicago...i cannot speak to a human being. Everything is automated and every choice i punch in only gives me a long recorded message with information not useful to me at all. We have both sent emails...but i'm not sure it even went to the consulate. I'm at a loss what to do. Our wedding is to take place March 3rd and we have overcome so many speed bumps and hurdles that this is just a big pain in the hiney. Did they give me the wrong visa type? If so...does anyone know how I can go about havign them correct their mistake. I applied correctly...for the correct type of visa. I'm afraid the only thing worse that could happen now is my plane would crash. ugh. Thanks for any help or advice!!! :wacko:

Timeline

They are very helpful over there!! I got some advice, and I faxed a letter with some back up to the consulate in Chicago. My fiance also emailed the ukvisa website and put in an enquiry...which they will probably turn around and send to the Chicago office, but I'm hoping somebody contacts me in the next few days and this all gets sorted out!!! *crosses fingers*

Edited by khristena

• 3 months later...
Timeline
They are very helpful over there!! I got some advice, and I faxed a letter with some back up to the consulate in Chicago. My fiance also emailed the ukvisa website and put in an enquiry...which they will probably turn around and send to the Chicago office, but I'm hoping somebody contacts me in the next few days and this all gets sorted out!!! *crosses fingers*

Everything got sorted out!!! I flew over to the UK and we were married as planned on March 3rd. YEY!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Everything got sorted out!!! I flew over to the UK and we were married as planned on March 3rd. YEY!!

wow congratulations :dance: :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.