lovedolphins

Major RFE Received

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Well, I'll tell you this: based upon what they are asking of you in the RFE, others reading this forum submitting information will not likely be giving them a "smattering" of bank statements anymore, if they can help it. Why wait for possible RFEs? Accumulate a lot of information in regard to the categories of information they ask for including each and every monthly bill, account statement, etc. And, no, bank statements aren't confidential when it comes to USCIS.

I do wish you the best of luck and I'm sure you'll be fine. I think all of us may have learned a lesson from your experience.

Based on what I have seen in the past year that I have been following this particular forum, most if not all RFE's at this point in the game have to do with co-mingling of assets and liabilities. Bank statements are only a small part of that puzzle. And if I was applying now, I still wouldn't send them a copy of every statement and every bill. But that's just me.

The mistake that I see a lot of people making is that their packets are light on evidence in general, and financials in particular. Filling up the submission with a lot of extranneous paper isn't the solution, IMHO, but a critical eye is needed to evaluate whether or not the evidence submitted will answer the question "Does this prove that we have an ongoing, bonafide relationship living in the same residence?"

Lovedolphins, I know that getting an RFE sucks, but I, as a fellow member of the TSC Losers List, am encouraged that TSC is doing some work! :) Best wishes that this gets cleared up quickly! Don't worry too much, you have lots of time to gather what you have been requested to send. :)

Edited by Cassie

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I am in tears, and really appreciate the support of VJ.

Don't worry so much. RFEs are good things - if you got one, it means your case

is mostly ok and you're going to be approved as soon as they get the things they

asked for.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi all,

Dear Lovedolphins,

While RFE is certainly upsetting, it is not an insurmountable barrier. If anything, it is an indication that your case did not raise suspicions serious enough to forward your case for the interview. All you need to do is send them what they want, which does not appear to be all that difficult.

It seems that your initial evidence did not include proof of taxes or joint residence--both big points in the eyes of USCIS. So, now, your task is to provide them with such proof. Likewise, I have seen a number of people--including myself--get RFE'd because they did not provide satisfactory proof of their joint bank accounts. In our instance, we sent only the letter from the bank with the last statement of the account, which was evidently not enough to prove continuous commingling of assets.

At the point of RFE, I would collect ALL possible evidence you can, and send it the USCIS. Do not be worried about "overloading" them with stuff. Indeed, this is your task. Include more recent evidence, include everything that you sent before, and include even evidence that is only tangentially probative of your life as a married couple (like mail addressed to each of you SEPARATELY).

We also got RFE'd, and went through the similar emotions. But we labored for couple of weeks, got what we could, added all the materials we've accumulated since the submission, and submitted a 200+ page package. We were approved in less than two weeks. You can look for our evidence under my earlier posts.

And don't let it upset you. I've browsed through this forum for hours and probably read every RFE story described. The VAST majority of them get approved after an applicant submits more information. Yes, you might have gotten one of the more diligent officers, or simply the one who was feeling cranky at the time. But who cares about what hoops you have to jump through--all you need is your well-deserved approval. And an approval, I am sure, will follow very soon. Cheer up!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

A couple of points and questions.

First - they asked for all the evidence I listed earlier in this thread. Not some, but all.

Next - should we blank out our bank account numbers?

I am not on the house deed. As we were planning on moving, we didn't bother on adding me to the deed. As such, I am also not on the mortgage.

Is this going to be a problem?

Timeline
A couple of points and questions.

First - they asked for all the evidence I listed earlier in this thread. Not some, but all.

Next - should we blank out our bank account numbers?

I am not on the house deed. As we were planning on moving, we didn't bother on adding me to the deed. As such, I am also not on the mortgage.

Is this going to be a problem?

I would say don't blank out anything on the bank statements --- why risk it? Have both of your names placed on the deed. In most counties/states, it is a rather simple process. It may be difficult and costly to add a name to the mortgage. Adding a name to the deed should be sufficient.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hi all,

The letter I was waiting for finally arrived from USCIS.

Was really hoping it was a 10-year extension of the Green Card. Instead, it was a major RFE, requesting the following:

• Your Federal Tax Return transcripts, as printed by the I.R.S. for the last two years

• Actual bank statements for the past twelve months, indicating you and your spouse as joint account holders. Each statement must show the account balance and transaction history.

• Health insurance claim statements indicating you and your spouse as co-dependants

• Utility bills

• Property warranty and mortgage deeds of your current residence indicating they were recorded not just notarized with your local or state government

• Mortgage loan statements and property tax documents of your current residence

We must submit all documents as requested within 12 weeks of the date of this letter, or our application will be considered abandoned.

Is this bad? We have to now contact the IRS, go down to the Deeds Office, contact the bank, etc.

And, we submitted A LOT of information in our original package. This is devastating.

I know it's a nasty shock... but it sounds like none of the stuff they want should be too hard for you to get hold of, just a hassle... everyone has medical bills at some time, utility bills come every month, you can get your tax transcript from the IRS just by calling them etc. It sounds like you gave them evidence, but not in quite the form they wanted to rubber-stamp your paperwork...

I just hope we don't get RFE'd for the same sort of stuff! (I sent in some medical bills, but all the utilities are in DH's name, and I sent in the H&R Block tax info... etc.) Did you send in any of this information at all before?

PS. Don't blank out ANYTHING this time - why take the chance that they won't like it? And since you don't have a joint mortgage, send a letter explaining why you can't provide one... and a letter from your neighbours wouldn't be a bad idea either to say that yes, you are BOTH living there...

Edited by Kajikit

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hi all,

The letter I was waiting for finally arrived from USCIS.

Was really hoping it was a 10-year extension of the Green Card. Instead, it was a major RFE, requesting the following:

• Your Federal Tax Return transcripts, as printed by the I.R.S. for the last two years

• Actual bank statements for the past twelve months, indicating you and your spouse as joint account holders. Each statement must show the account balance and transaction history.

• Health insurance claim statements indicating you and your spouse as co-dependants

• Utility bills

• Property warranty and mortgage deeds of your current residence indicating they were recorded not just notarized with your local or state government

• Mortgage loan statements and property tax documents of your current residence

We must submit all documents as requested within 12 weeks of the date of this letter, or our application will be considered abandoned.

Is this bad? We have to now contact the IRS, go down to the Deeds Office, contact the bank, etc.

And, we submitted A LOT of information in our original package. This is devastating.

Here is my two cents..

I did not think they expect you to have everything jointly titled...But you need to address everything they asked for !!!!

I would send everything they asked for with nothing crossed out. BUT I'd send the deed & mortgage they asked for and a letter explaining that the Citiizen spouse had the property before marriage that since you intend to buy a property jointly in the near future you did not change the deed info.

I don't know what to tell you about the health insurance "claim" info. We have Keystone HMO which is a Blue Cross product, so I went online from the IBX website and printed something out from the subscriber portion of our page which showed me as the insured and Richard as the dependent spouse. We have not been approved yet, but I presume that's the type of thing they are looking for.

Best of luck to you.

Bette

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks very much.

I did send bank statements and income tax information before, but they want it direct from the IRS, the bank, etc.

I just contacted the Senator's Office. She said the "red flag" was likely the fact that my name was not on the deed of the house. But the truth is, we were never planning on staying there, so why bother? Now I see why we should have bothered!

:-(

My hubbies name isn't on the deed of our house either and we just got approved, so it isn't always a red flag. Although I must confess that I wondered if it would be a problem.

I did send actual bank statements which showed both our salaries going in and all the usual junk and charges coming out!

Annie UK

2004 Awaiting my divorce

Decree nisi 29th July YAYYYYYYYYYY

15th Dec DIVORCED AT LAST!!!!

Dec 23 decree arrives, I-129F sent to Nebraska!!!

Dec 27 NOA1

Feb 16 2005 NOA2 (51 days)

May 17 INTERVIEW 9am!!!! (day 141) Approved

May 30 Arrived POE Chicago (flight delayed!!)

June 13 applied for SSN

June 30 Wedding on beach at sunset awwwww

AOS 2005

July 11 Sent off AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago

Sep 1 I485 transferred to CSC

Sep 15 EAD and AP approved (59 days)

Nov 25 Green card and Welcome letter arrive in mail (no interview) 130 days

Removing Conditions 2007

Aug 15 I-751 sent to Nebraska

Sep 14 NOA1 rec'd, transferred to CSC again

Sep 21 rec'd bios appt for 9/28/07

Jan 26 2008 Approved. 10 Yr card received 1/28/08.

Naturalization 2008

Sep 8 N-400 sent to Nebraska

Sep 11 Priority date

Oct 7 Biometrics

July 10 2009 - Interview, approved!

Aug 20 Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hang on! You're doing great! :)

Since it's tax time, I'm finding it easy to collect joint tax stuff. Perhaps you've had some tax documents come in that you can use also?

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT

Timeline

If you were reviewing documents and something was blanked out, would that tend to make you suspicious? I can tell you that your bank information is NOT confidential to the US Government, so you might as well send it in voluntarily to the USCIS and let it be reviewed. Do not blank out ANY item of information on anything you send in to the USCIS.

You also may be filing taxes jointly as a married couple. If so, send in either transcripts or a copy of your last tax return forms. If you get a refund check addressed to you jointly, keep a photocopy of that to send in too.

So, do the best you can and the worst that can happen is you get called in for an interview. I think you probably got tagged for an RFE just because you blanked out the balances on your bank statements. It seems you have enough evidence, just don't try to be evasive in any way. If something about having your account numbers in a file at USCIS bothers you, then after the Green Card comes in just close those accounts and open new ones somewhere else. Personally, I would worry more about bank employees wiping out my account than someone at USCIS.

kenk3z

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Dont be upset about them asking for more info. At least you know they have your application and it has not gone lost. I agree with a few other people that posted notes to you. It has been my observation to send more info than is needed when you file your application. In our case we got a letter that extended my wifes 2 year green card for another year while the I-751 was processed. Just send them what they need and wait.

Alesya - Omsk Russia / Ronnie - Texas

18 Nov 2003 - I-129F Petition Sent to TSC [day 0]

21 Nov 2003 - I-129F Recieved By TSC [day 3]

10 Dec 2003 - Money Order cashed by MSC [day 20]

12 Dec 2003 - Recieved NOA1 From MSC [day 22]

05 Feb 2004 - Congressional Inquiry Sent To MSC [day 77]

12 Feb 2004 - Second Congressional Inquiry To MSC [day 84]

12 Feb 2004 - Application Transfered Back To TSC [day 84]

13 Feb 2004 - Congressional Inquiry To TSC [day 85]

20 Feb 2004 - Application Recieved By TSC from MSC [day 92]

12 Mar 2004 - Senate Inquiry To TSC [day 115]

18 Mar 2004 - Reply From Congressional Inquiry TSC [day 121]

30 Mar 2004 - Reply from Senator "App will process in 2 weeks." TSC [day 133]

15 Apr 2004 - Talked with Senator's Immigration Liaison again.TSC [day 149]

19 Apr 2004 - Reply from Senate Liaison "Officer Has Application" TSC [day 153]

20 Apr 2004 - RFE issued for additional evidence. "Imagine that". TSC [day 154]

26 Apr 2004 - RFE arrives. I send TSC more information. [day 159]

29 Apr 2004 - RFE information arrives at TSC [day 162]

03 May 2004 - Online notification "APPROVED NOA2" TSC [day 165]

08 May 2004 - Application arrives at NVC. [day 170]

28 May 2004 - Application leaves NVC for Moscow embassy. [day 190]

15 Jun 2004 - Packet 3 arrives in Omsk Russia - Interview date Aug 2nd. [day 208]

02 Aug 2004 - Interview Moscow embassy/ Visa approved. [day 255]

07 Aug 2004 - Visa in hand. [day 260]

06 Dec 2004 - Meet Alesya and son in New York. [day 380]

07 Dec 2004 - Home in Texas. [day 381]

14 Feb 2005 - Wedding...:) [day 448]

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i think quality and range of info is better then quantity....

I don't think they want to see every bank statement for the last two years but even one per quarter or one per year would be fine... same goes with utility bills etc...

I would send in lots of different kinds of evidence instead of a lot of two or three different kinds of evidence....

Dont be upset about them asking for more info. At least you know they have your application and it has not gone lost. I agree with a few other people that posted notes to you. It has been my observation to send more info than is needed when you file your application. In our case we got a letter that extended my wifes 2 year green card for another year while the I-751 was processed. Just send them what they need and wait.
Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.