Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I decided not to go with Mel to his class.

I'll open some tuna and make sandwiches tonight.

Tomorrow I am going to make the Easy Mustard Chicken recipe that Marilyn posted.

did you end up making that other chicken recipe I posted? and if you did how was it??

I did and it was really good! Mel loved it, it reminded him of a pork chop recipe he likes- similar sauce.

I'm going to mix a little creole mustard in with the regular and add some Tony C's seasoning.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I decided not to go with Mel to his class.

I'll open some tuna and make sandwiches tonight.

Tomorrow I am going to make the Easy Mustard Chicken recipe that Marilyn posted.

did you end up making that other chicken recipe I posted? and if you did how was it??

I did and it was really good! Mel loved it, it reminded him of a pork chop recipe he likes- similar sauce.

I'm going to mix a little creole mustard in with the regular and add some Tony C's seasoning.

sounds a little spicy for me but it should work :thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

we had marinated chicken breast and rice and steamed carrots for lunch... hubby barbequed the chicken breast.....

I marinated the breast over night.. I couldn't make the one marinade I wanted to because my Italian dressing was old :P so I made a terakyi marinade but it made the chicken too salty because either there was too much soy sauce in it or I marinated it to long :P

when hubby gets home from school I think we are just going to have hot dogs....

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

It's supposed to be 80 here today so I definitely don't want the oven on! I'm thinking steak fijita's, rice with red beans, and maybe I'll make Gene some lemon tarts this morning before it gets too warm.

carlahmsb4.gif

screw it I am just going to get hubby to bring something home for dinner :P

I really don't feel like making anything and we need to celebrate him getting his job... :thumbs:

Did I miss something??? What job!! Please fill us in...but maybe in the OT thread here, this after all is about dinner... :lol:

I bought a cooked chicken at the grocery store yesterday, a rosemary and garlic one, mmmmmmmm. Going to make up a large potato salad to have with this...with EGGS. Green beans to accompany.

I'm also going to cook up a lasagna this weekend, some squares or cake, and maybe a meatloaf for Gene to eat during the week. Poor dear will alone next week while I'm whooping it up in Saskatoon. ;)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Carla, I'm making meatloaf tonight! Would you care to share your recipe? Anyone else have a good meatloaf recipe? I haven't made meatloaf all that often, but it's something soon to be hubby really likes and his mom made often, so I'd better get it right! :P

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Hey Carla, I'm making meatloaf tonight! Would you care to share your recipe? Anyone else have a good meatloaf recipe? I haven't made meatloaf all that often, but it's something soon to be hubby really likes and his mom made often, so I'd better get it right! :P

I'm always trying new meatloaf recipes. This is a little different, and I've made it several times now, and we both enjoy the change. I use chicken stuffing. It's that stove top stuffing mix you can buy at the grocery. I use italian spices as well and not just the thyme. I also get two loaves out of this recipe. This recipe calls for chili sauce on top. I prefer a spicy tomato based sauce with shredded mozarella cheese on top. You could also use instead a mixture of ketchup, worchestshire sauce, and brown sugar.

What I love about meatloaf is making it with what I have on hand and whatever spices I feel like throwing in.

1 1/2 lbs extra lean ground beef

1 pkg (6 oz) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken

1 egg lightly beaten

1 onion chopped

1 tsp dried thyme leaves

1/4 cup chili sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix meat, stuffing mix, egg, onion and thyme.

Press evenly into 6 x 4 inch loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 55 min. Heat chili sauce in small saucepan.

Spoon over meatloaf just before serving.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks Carla! It looks good! I'm going to take your advice and use whatever I have on hand.

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

I am back!

And have a whole long run down of the wonderful food we had in Hawaii!

The best by far was this shrimp farm on the side of the road, they literally scooped out the shrimp beheaded them and then cooked them there. OMG! It was like 20 large shrimp fried with garlic and some sauce (that they made there) with rice. it had the peel on, but that was the highlight of the food ....

Oh and the last day we went to Chinatown in Honolulu and went into the fish market. There was the best layout of food for next to nothing. I had this whole fish that was almost blackened on Charcoal with a bunch of other Filipino food mixed in. All for $6.50!!! That is it...

Ok so tonight I have having a warm spinach salad with pine nuts and fried tilapia bites on top. With a lemon vinagrette.

AOS

APRIL 24 2008 - Filed AOS Packet APRIL 28 2008 - Package received and signed for by CHYBA

MAY 6 2008 ( Day 1) - Notice USCIS received MAY 10 2008 (Day 4) -Rec'd all 4 NOA's & Status of all 4 online

MAY 12 2008 (Day 6) - Received Biometrics letter MAY 14 2008 (Day 8) - Biometrics done early.

OCTOBER 22 2008 (DAY 170)- I-765:Card Production Ordered/I-131: Approval notice sent

OCTOBER 27 2008 (Day 175)- AP Received

OCTOBER 30 2008 (Day 178)- EAD Approval Notice Sent OCTOBER 31 2008 (Day 179)- EAD Received

NOVEMBER 4 2008- Applied for SSN / NOVEMBER 24 2008- SSN Received

JANUARY 15 2009- INTERVIEW-APPROVED!!

JANUARY 31 2009- GC RECEIVED_No more USCIS for 10 Months[/color]

ROC

October 27- I-751 Sent

October 30- I-751 Received

April 10-10 YR GC Received

Last night, hubby ended up going to the grocery store for one thing and came home with dinner fixins! He grilled chicken that he been seasoned at the store with a mix of cayenne pepper, salf, sugar, paprika. It was yummy! We also had baked beans and a salad. The only problem was that hubby beat me to the leftovers this morning and took them for his work lunch :( Oh well, I guess the guy deserves them. Not sure about tonight. I think I might just make grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato rice soup, maybe a salad too. Not feeling too energetic right now.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline
screw it I am just going to get hubby to bring something home for dinner :P

I really don't feel like making anything and we need to celebrate him getting his job... :thumbs:

Did I miss something??? What job!! Please fill us in...but maybe in the OT thread here, this after all is about dinner... :lol:

I bought a cooked chicken at the grocery store yesterday, a rosemary and garlic one, mmmmmmmm. Going to make up a large potato salad to have with this...with EGGS. Green beans to accompany.

I'm also going to cook up a lasagna this weekend, some squares or cake, and maybe a meatloaf for Gene to eat during the week. Poor dear will alone next week while I'm whooping it up in Saskatoon. ;)

I posted a thread about it in Off Topic yesterday...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...125446&st=0

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.