Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I made this last night for din din... they were really good... kind of crispy on the outside and nice and juicy in the inside... :thumbs: Served it with some Kraft Dinner mac&cheese and some steamed carrots... mmm, what a yummy meal.. :)

Easy Mustard Chicken

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 4 pieces

1/4 cup French's mustard

1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs

salt and pepper

Dry Chicken on a paper towel. Paint the chicken on both side with mustard. Roll in the bread crumbs that have been seasoned with salt& pepper. Gently shake off surplus crumbs. Place on sprayed baking sheet. Bake for 20 min in 400F degrees oven.

*instead of salt I used seasoning salt and I also added some garlic powder... oh and i used chicken tenders... so instead of 1/2 cup bread crumbs I used about 1 cup of bread crumbs....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got home late from my training yesterday, so I just had a salad. With lovely toasted sesame stick sprinkles and Vadalia onion dressing. :blush:

Think tonight I'll warm up some leftover chicken. We had some more corn on the cob and potato casserole to finish up.

Gene will be baching it next week when I'm in Saskatoon. I'm trying to decide if he's going to miss ME more than my cooking??? :blink::(:crying:

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Last night we had roasted garlic honey dijon chicken with a black bean and corn salsa, and steamed broccoli and cauliflower with fresh garlic butter. It was YUMMY, and I sure did love it when he came home from work and raved about how good it smelled in here! After eating nothing but take out and microwave dinners he was happy to have real food and went on about how gourmet it was!

Now I've got tons of leftover chicken, and I'm thinking I might turn that black bean and corn salsa into a chicken chili. Maybe. :P

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Filed: Timeline
Last night we had roasted garlic honey dijon chicken with a black bean and corn salsa, and steamed broccoli and cauliflower with fresh garlic butter. It was YUMMY, and I sure did love it when he came home from work and raved about how good it smelled in here! After eating nothing but take out and microwave dinners he was happy to have real food and went on about how gourmet it was!

Now I've got tons of leftover chicken, and I'm thinking I might turn that black bean and corn salsa into a chicken chili. Maybe. :P

Wow. Does that ever sound yummy.

Well, last night we ended up eating out. Hubby came home and scooped me out of the kitchen and took us to the nail salon for a mani/pedi. Then we went to the Fresh Market (my favourite store :D ) where I loaded up on meats and specialty items (cause we live 45 mins from there), and then we went on to Backyard Burger. I had an AWESOME evening. :luv:

Tonight we are having fresh Norwegian salmon (Fresh Market) with green beans and asparagus and some sort of rice.... maybe risotto. I need to use up the veg tonight because he is at a banquet tomorrow (so no cooking for me) and then we leave for NC early Friday morning. :dance:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow. Does that ever sound yummy.

Well, last night we ended up eating out. Hubby came home and scooped me out of the kitchen and took us to the nail salon for a mani/pedi. Then we went to the Fresh Market (my favourite store :D ) where I loaded up on meats and specialty items (cause we live 45 mins from there), and then we went on to Backyard Burger. I had an AWESOME evening. :luv:

Tonight we are having fresh Norwegian salmon (Fresh Market) with green beans and asparagus and some sort of rice.... maybe risotto. I need to use up the veg tonight because he is at a banquet tomorrow (so no cooking for me) and then we leave for NC early Friday morning. :dance:

^^^^ now this sounds like a fun evening!!

Well when Mike got home from the Social Security office, I had decided we would head over to Applebees in Sanford, we both like Applebees - soooo we google the address and head out! We neglected to put the street number in, so we did have a really nice drive through Sylvan Lake, a community near here, beautiful houses, brand new equestrian centre etc. - after much driving we didn't find Applebees but we did find Cracker Barrel, so that is where we ended up eating.

I ordered grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, coleslaw and turnip greens (because everyone offers turnip greens and I wanted to check it out basically).

Hmm, well, I didn't know it had ham in it (don't get me wrong, I like ham) but my stomach wasn't feeling all that good so I didn't even try them, Mike did and he said I had made a good choice in not trying it!

Didn't like the chicken either - I think it had some kind of mushroom sauce on it (I don't eat mushrooms).

Anyway, by the time we got home Mike's was feeling not so good either. Need to get used to the food here.

Edited by trailmix

Well when Mike got home from the Social Security office, I had decided we would head over to Applebees in Sanford, we both like Applebees - soooo we google the address and head out! We neglected to put the street number in, so we did have a really nice drive through Sylvan Lake, a community near here, beautiful houses, brand new equestrian centre etc. - after much driving we didn't find Applebees but we did find Cracker Barrel, so that is where we ended up eating.

I ordered grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, coleslaw and turnip greens (because everyone offers turnip greens and I wanted to check it out basically).

Hmm, well, I didn't know it had ham in it (don't get me wrong, I like ham) but my stomach wasn't feeling all that good so I didn't even try them, Mike did and he said I had made a good choice in not trying it!

Didn't like the chicken either - I think it had some kind of mushroom sauce on it (I don't eat mushrooms).

Anyway, by the time we got home Mike's was feeling not so good either. Need to get used to the food here.

Hey! You were just down the street from me! Well, not really, but close. Kinda. :lol:

Blech. The turnip greens at CB are horrible. Actually, the only time I like CB is for breffrus. And caramel corn. Their pecan pancakes are good. And so is their smoked ham. But I mainly just like the caramel corn. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Dinner this fine evening is in the crock pot and it is oh lets call it beef stew.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

We're having hamburger helper for the kids(hubby too cause hes picky) stuffed green peppers, country fried chicken, mashed potatoes, black eyed peas, green beans and corn bread.

Mary

Edited by PfcsBaby

Here's my K-1 Timeline:

October 2006 - I-129F sent

10/24/2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!....APPROVED!!

10/30/2007 - Visa in hand!

AOS Timeline:

1/30/08 - Sent AOS pkg Priority Mail with USPS

3/12/08 - Biometrics taken

3/29/08 - EAD and AP in hand for me and my son

5/21/08 - Email-GC on its way!...RFE for my son's application

5/27/08 - GC arrives!!!

7/02/08 - Sons GC arrives!!!

ROC TIMELINE

3/23/10 - ROC sent!

3/29/10 - NOA1

4/22/10 - Biometrics Appt for me and my son

6/30/10 - Email saying card production ordered for me and my son

7/6/10 - Letter in the mail saying cards will arrive within 60 days

7/10/10 - Both cards received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think we're going out for dinner tonight. We'll probably go to the Big Bun which is a great little drive thru burger place here! YUM! Soon to be hubby doesn't want to eat chicken three meals in a row. I don't really blame him, but I could eat chicken every day and be just fine with it. I just suppose this means I'm going to have to get uber creative now aren't I? It's not just me to cook for anymore!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just noticed this sentence, guess I wasn't quite awake :lol:

Anyway, think I will make stir fry tonight.

We're having hamburger helper for the kids(hubby too cause hes picky) stuffed green peppers, country fried chicken, mashed potatoes, black eyed peas, green beans and corn bread.

Mary

Wow! That's a whole lotta food there, Mary! I'm stuffed just thinking about it. :lol:

Dinner this fine evening is in the crock pot and it is oh lets call it beef stew.

:lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I decided not to go with Mel to his class.

I'll open some tuna and make sandwiches tonight.

Tomorrow I am going to make the Easy Mustard Chicken recipe that Marilyn posted.

Timeline
I decided not to go with Mel to his class.

I'll open some tuna and make sandwiches tonight.

Tomorrow I am going to make the Easy Mustard Chicken recipe that Marilyn posted.

did you end up making that other chicken recipe I posted? and if you did how was it??

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
I made this last night for din din... they were really good... kind of crispy on the outside and nice and juicy in the inside... :thumbs: Served it with some Kraft Dinner mac&cheese and some steamed carrots... mmm, what a yummy meal.. :)

Easy Mustard Chicken

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 4 pieces

1/4 cup French's mustard

1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs

salt and pepper

Dry Chicken on a paper towel. Paint the chicken on both side with mustard. Roll in the bread crumbs that have been seasoned with salt& pepper. Gently shake off surplus crumbs. Place on sprayed baking sheet. Bake for 20 min in 400F degrees oven.

*instead of salt I used seasoning salt and I also added some garlic powder... oh and i used chicken tenders... so instead of 1/2 cup bread crumbs I used about 1 cup of bread crumbs....

for the mustard part of the recipe I didn't really measure out the mustard I just brushed it on... put a lot on but don't overdue it.... I was reading a review on the recipe on the site where I found it and this one lady said she totally drenched the chicken in mustard and then complained that the chicken wasn't crispy enough :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.