Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

FINE. Since my aggression was not returned in an equally devious manner (you amateurs -_- ), here goes my contribution for tonights' Indian dinner chez Liz.

Spiced Rice according to Len

This is just proof we're meant to be friends!

I don't think Oliver can even name more than 3 spices used in Indian food yet!

Let alone a recipe!

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Ohhh I just discovered this thread! It's so nice and friendly in here!

It's kind of like walking around in a busy mall on a Saturday, lots of people and kids screaming and running around (clearly that is OT) and you just walk into a department store to get away from the traffic, and suddenly you can hear the easy listening music play and people are relaxed and friendly and the air smells good and it's all very lovely. :lol:

You've described us to a tee, the only thing you left out was the Muzak version of The Girl From Ipanema. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Timeline
FINE. Since my aggression was not returned in an equally devious manner (you amateurs -_- ), here goes my contribution for tonights' Indian dinner chez Liz.

Let alone a recipe!

:rofl: We love Indian food. Spices, spices, spices are the name of the game sister. Here goes a quick sambhar:

Yellow or red lentils (say 2 cups or so)

Chopped carrot (I use the smally ones)

4 1/2 cups water

2 cubed potatoes (or 3)

Olive oil

Curry, turmeric, kofta masala (garam would do) and mustard seeds

Dried chilies OR real live ones (depends on how spicy you want the sambhar to be)

half lemon juice

Boil lentils, water and carrots; lower heat and simmer for say 15minutes; then add tehe potatoes until they are as soft as you like them.

Fry oil and add the mustard seeds til they pop again and then all the other goodies. Add the goodie mixture to the sambhar mix. I add the lemon juice right before serving.

Careful though: if you are using live chilies, either take the seeds out while frying them or just be moderate. Bren and i love spicy food, but have been sued for using too much spice in our dishes :unsure:

Timeline

Let alone a recipe!

Cardamom, Cumin, Cloves and Turmeric, do I get a prize? :lol:

IR5

hehe

I just put 3 chopped chilies in my biryani (WITH SEEDS)

and 1 chili (again with seeds) chana masala

Dinner should be ready in 5-10 mins!!!

who's coming over?

I know my e-MOH is.

who else

Let alone a recipe!

Cardamom, Cumin, Cloves and Turmeric, do I get a prize? :lol:

yep, dinner is served in 10 mins

Edited by liz_legend 'n Ol
vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Timeline

Let alone a recipe!

:rofl: We love Indian food. Spices, spices, spices are the name of the game sister. Here goes a quick sambhar:

4 1/2 cups water

2 cubed potatoes (or 3)

Olive oil

Dried chilies OR real live ones (depends on how spicy you want the sambhar to be)

half lemon juice

Boil lentils, water and carrots; lower heat and simmer for say 15minutes; then add tehe potatoes until they are as soft as you like them.

Fry oil and add the mustard seeds til they pop again and then all the other goodies. Add the goodie mixture to the sambhar mix. I add the lemon juice right before serving.

Careful though: if you are using live chilies, either take the seeds out while frying them or just be moderate. Bren and i love spicy food, but have been sued for using too much spice in our dishes :unsure:

I take that as a challenge. Bring it on! :P

IR5

Filed: Timeline

Let alone a recipe!

4 1/2 cups water

2 cubed potatoes (or 3)

Olive oil

half lemon juice

This dude just thinks that because he is my brother, I actually will feed him... hahaha.gif

Aaaawwwww.... kidding Mumsie - when you land in C@TL you will be invited to a nice feast. Wendy's for you :rofl:

Timeline

Let alone a recipe!

4 1/2 cups water

2 cubed potatoes (or 3)

Olive oil

half lemon juice

This dude just thinks that because he is my brother, I actually will feed him... hahaha.gif

Aaaawwwww.... kidding Mumsie - when you land in C@TL you will be invited to a nice feast. Wendy's for you :rofl:

Good thing for you that you're family and I gave up cannibalism :devil:

Wendy's? I was promised McDonald's. :crying: Dammit, I want my happy meal! :angry:

IR5

I am salivating. LOVE me some indian.. Food that is.

However, we are having spanish rice w/ black beens and corn. and that's it. I'm too lazy for anything right now, its hot and hubby has not turned on the A/C yet. I would turn it on but I am not paying for it so better leave it to him then eh? :innocent:

AOS

APRIL 24 2008 - Filed AOS Packet APRIL 28 2008 - Package received and signed for by CHYBA

MAY 6 2008 ( Day 1) - Notice USCIS received MAY 10 2008 (Day 4) -Rec'd all 4 NOA's & Status of all 4 online

MAY 12 2008 (Day 6) - Received Biometrics letter MAY 14 2008 (Day 8) - Biometrics done early.

OCTOBER 22 2008 (DAY 170)- I-765:Card Production Ordered/I-131: Approval notice sent

OCTOBER 27 2008 (Day 175)- AP Received

OCTOBER 30 2008 (Day 178)- EAD Approval Notice Sent OCTOBER 31 2008 (Day 179)- EAD Received

NOVEMBER 4 2008- Applied for SSN / NOVEMBER 24 2008- SSN Received

JANUARY 15 2009- INTERVIEW-APPROVED!!

JANUARY 31 2009- GC RECEIVED_No more USCIS for 10 Months[/color]

ROC

October 27- I-751 Sent

October 30- I-751 Received

April 10-10 YR GC Received

Timeline

i am hoping to convince hubby to make his eggs and tortilla thing when he gets home from school.... :whistle:

he did make lunch.. chili dogs :thumbs: I am milking this being sick thing for all its worth :whistle:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I am salivating. LOVE me some indian.. Food that is.

However, we are having spanish rice w/ black beens and corn. and that's it. I'm too lazy for anything right now, its hot and hubby has not turned on the A/C yet. I would turn it on but I am not paying for it so better leave it to him then eh? :innocent:

Ok, i'm confused, regardless of who is paying, turn on the aircon!! :hehe:

I am weird like that! I like to always pay my half, I'm working on it...

I just did ask him to though..

AOS

APRIL 24 2008 - Filed AOS Packet APRIL 28 2008 - Package received and signed for by CHYBA

MAY 6 2008 ( Day 1) - Notice USCIS received MAY 10 2008 (Day 4) -Rec'd all 4 NOA's & Status of all 4 online

MAY 12 2008 (Day 6) - Received Biometrics letter MAY 14 2008 (Day 8) - Biometrics done early.

OCTOBER 22 2008 (DAY 170)- I-765:Card Production Ordered/I-131: Approval notice sent

OCTOBER 27 2008 (Day 175)- AP Received

OCTOBER 30 2008 (Day 178)- EAD Approval Notice Sent OCTOBER 31 2008 (Day 179)- EAD Received

NOVEMBER 4 2008- Applied for SSN / NOVEMBER 24 2008- SSN Received

JANUARY 15 2009- INTERVIEW-APPROVED!!

JANUARY 31 2009- GC RECEIVED_No more USCIS for 10 Months[/color]

ROC

October 27- I-751 Sent

October 30- I-751 Received

April 10-10 YR GC Received

Timeline
I am weird like that! I like to always pay my half, I'm working on it...

I just did ask him to though..

:lol:

Ok, now i'm getting a little peckish.

Just as long as you're not a cannibal. :P

IR5

Oh yum, Indian food. I wanna come over Liz!!!!! Pretty please?

My little town in Northern NH is, well, culinary challenged, at least for ethnic cuisine. I miss Indian food SO MUCH!!!

Tonight, we are having pork chops cooked on the grill, portabello mushrooms, and corn on the cob.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.