vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

Ohhh I just discovered this thread! It's so nice and friendly in here!

It's kind of like walking around in a busy mall on a Saturday, lots of people and kids screaming and running around (clearly that is OT) and you just walk into a department store to get away from the traffic, and suddenly you can hear the easy listening music play and people are relaxed and friendly and the air smells good and it's all very lovely. :lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It's kind of like walking around in a busy mall on a Saturday, lots of people and kids screaming and running around (clearly that is OT) and you just walk into a department store to get away from the traffic, and suddenly you can hear the easy listening music play and people are relaxed and friendly and the air smells good and it's all very lovely. :lol:

Finally, someone who has described us perfectly :hehe:

(p.s. don't venture in to the lunch thread)

Alright.. in celebration of today's discussion,

I just wanted to report that I have officially commenced cooking an Indian Meal

What's on the Menu?

so far Bombay Chicken Biryani

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm *drool*

Oh, isn't she sweet? Let's keep her. :luv:

Don't venture into the What's For Lunch thread. :secret:

Ohmygod, we just said the same thing at the same time! :rofl:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol:

:lol:

I checked the lunch thread, but I don't feel desillusioned :P

I'll just stay here and enjoy the nice atmosphere :luv:

I am just eating marshmellows for dinner by the way. Or rather a "before bed" snack, since I had cereal earlier ;)

I am just eating marshmellows for dinner by the way. Or rather a "before bed" snack, since I had cereal earlier ;)

Rock on! Do you do cheesecake for breakfast like me? :lol:

Yes...or even better chocolate cake...the bread like texture leaves the impression that it could be bread and therefor totally suitable for brekkie!

The other day I had guacamole for breakfast. That was really good too - maybe the onion breath was not so much appreciated in the office at 9am, but it was really yum. :lol:

FINE. Since my aggression was not returned in an equally devious manner (you amateurs -_- ), here goes my contribution for tonights' Indian dinner chez Liz.

Spiced Rice according to Len

4 cups'o H2O

2 cups brown basmati rice

3 cinnamon sticks

5 green cardamom pods

cloves to taste

cayenne

cumin

garam masala

vegetable oil (say 1 spoonful)

mustard seeds (a bunch)

curry powder

OK. Now boil the water blah blah blah. while water is boiling, heat the oil and add mustard seeds til they pop pop pop. Then add all other spices to oil and stir (ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL TO SHAKE YOUR OWN BOOTY WHILE ADDING SPICES) to a nice rhythm. when water boils, add rice and spice mixture. Low heat yada yada yada. Voila.

#######. I forgot Chicken Biryani has spiced rice as part of the recipe :rofl:

oh well, never mindddddd :wacko:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had panzerotti and pasta salad at Pizza Delight tonight. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

FINE. Since my aggression was not returned in an equally devious manner (you amateurs -_- ), here goes my contribution for tonights' Indian dinner chez Liz.

4 cups'o H2O

3 cinnamon sticks

5 green cardamom pods

cloves to taste

cayenne

cumin

garam masala

mustard seeds (a bunch)

curry powder

OK. Now boil the water blah blah blah. while water is boiling, heat the oil and add mustard seeds til they pop pop pop. Then add all other spices to oil and stir (ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL TO SHAKE YOUR OWN BOOTY WHILE ADDING SPICES) to a nice rhythm. when water boils, add rice and spice mixture. Low heat yada yada yada. Voila.

OHHHHH NICE!!! I think I'm going to try that recipe, Leni. Thank you! (But I totally don't get the reference to Chicken Biryani. :unsure: )

iagree.gif

phew..

I am hot!

IT's tough to get this whole indian feast going in the kitchen when there's just a fan cooling the living room

We have the chicken biryani and chana masala on the stove!

TOTALLY EXCITED FOR DINNER ALONE NOW!

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

4 cups'o H2O

3 cinnamon sticks

5 green cardamom pods

cloves to taste

cayenne

cumin

garam masala

mustard seeds (a bunch)

curry powder

OHHHHH NICE!!! I think I'm going to try that recipe, Leni. Thank you! (But I totally don't get the reference to Chicken Biryani. :unsure: )

WHATEVER -_- . you don't have to thank me, you know.... <_<

And if you ever call me Leni again, I'll unleash a hungry Mumsie on you :rofl:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.