Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mel was teaching last night so me and my stepson had grilled cheese and tomato soup. Mel had some leftover chicken taco's when he got in.

I am on my own tonight- Mel is teaching again and my stepson is with his mom. I think I will just make some tuna salad for sandwiches and leave some tuna for Mel when he comes home.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Mel was teaching last night so me and my stepson had grilled cheese and tomato soup. Mel had some leftover chicken taco's when he got in.

I am on my own tonight- Mel is teaching again and my stepson is with his mom. I think I will just make some tuna salad for sandwiches and leave some tuna for Mel when he comes home.

Yay for grilled cheese! We had one for lunch yesterday.

So we sat down to eat our steak last night and about 5 mins later the guy shows up with a dryer (the one in the place we are renting wasn't working). So my Husband nicely stands there and I go in to the bedroom and finish eating.

Tonight, not sure, maybe pork chops andddd beans!

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Timeline
So we sat down to eat our steak last night and about 5 mins later the guy shows up with a dryer (the one in the place we are renting wasn't working). So my Husband nicely stands there and I go in to the bedroom and finish eating.

Sheesh. That's always the way, isn't it?

We had grilled cheese and tomato soup on Monday night! :dance: (Another late night for hubby.)

OMG. I'm suddenly starving. :blink:

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I am making Chicken Hurry tonight... one of my favourites...

1/2 cup ketchup

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup water

1 package onion soup mix

mix all together and pur over about 2 pounds of chicken parts...

I love Chicken Hurry. Tonight is going to be a roast cooked in the rotissirie and rice I think, perhaps some stir fry veggies.

so I am not the only one who has had Chicken Hurry?? my mom found the recipe in a book years ago.... I love it....

hey Stacey, did you try that chicken recipe...??

mvSuprise-hug.gif

We're taking out the parents' brigade to Shalimar restaurant in the University District. I love that place.

Mango lassi, anyone????

Mmmmmm Indian. I'd like to find a decent Indian restaurant around here.

Oh wait. I take that back! I'd like to change it to .....

Damn you, going out for Indian! What's wrong with you? Why can't you eat at Cracker Barrel like the rest of us losers?!!! :bonk:

(Just trying to inject some hostility in this thread. The lunch thread got there in only one short page. And yet here we are at Page 79 and not one peep. :angry: )

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I miss not knowing where the good indian restaurants are here..

IT'S EMBARRASSING CUZ I'M INDIAN!

Shame!

And good on you krikit for bringing some of the hostility from the lunch thread to the dinner thread. Hey, what if we eat at a buffet, should we have a buffet thread?

I was thinking of making pork chops, but after having the super duper fried piece of chicken from Albertsons, I'm not really hungry. There is an Indian restaurant around the corner from here, will have to check that out, also a Thai restaurant.

I miss not knowing where the good indian restaurants are here..

IT'S EMBARRASSING CUZ I'M INDIAN!

I know! I asked our next-door neighbour (who is Indian) where a good Indian restaurant was and he didn't know! :o (And he owns a freaking hotel, too! :lol: ) So then I asked him where an Indian grocer was and he told me. I went there and it was total #######. I was so bummed. :crying:

Hey, what if we eat at a buffet, should we have a buffet thread?

OMG!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You have no idea how loud I just laughed!

iagree.gif

We're taking out the parents' brigade to Shalimar restaurant in the University District. I love that place.

Mango lassi, anyone????

Mmmmmm Indian. I'd like to find a decent Indian restaurant around here.

Oh wait. I take that back! I'd like to change it to .....

Damn you, going out for Indian! What's wrong with you? Why can't you eat at Cracker Barrel like the rest of us losers?!!! :bonk:

(Just trying to inject some hostility in this thread. The lunch thread got there in only one short page. And yet here we are at Page 79 and not one peep. :angry: )

First, I feel personally attacked by you and will report you --- or perhaps open a poll about your bowel movements

Second, I will most certainly NOT THANK YOU for your rudeness and absolutely uncalled for comment (:rofl:)

Third.... darnit, I need to hang out more often in Off Topic. I just cannot be as mean as they are :crying:

Thanks Krikit :cry:

Liz, I promise to have the mango lassi in your honour.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.