Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Trailmix - I used to live in Rome, GA.

Everyone's dinners have sounded so yummy lately. Tonight, hubby and I are having Sloppy Joes. We realized that we both have not had them since grade school and they just sounded fun. We'll have a salad too.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

hubby has been sick these last couple of days and tonight he wanted menudo, so that is what he had and I had macaroni and cheese....

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline
hubby has been sick these last couple of days and tonight he wanted menudo, so that is what he had and I had macaroni and cheese....

Menudo? Isn't that some boy band that Ricky somebody-or-other used to belong to?

Egads. I just googled it. It's also a soup made with tripe. Equally horrific. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We spent the day at the Renaissance Festival yesterday so when we came home I just dressed up a frozen pizza with extra sauce, extra cheese, some green chillies, mushrooms, spinach and spices - yum:-). No idea for tonight yet. Still have company from out of town so we are going shopping at the outlet mall!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yesterday for dinner we sampled the cuisine of Florida! On our first trip to Walmart we stopped at Wendys and I had the grilled chicken burger also had a coke with ice which tasted funny to me and which I now realize contained ice cubes made with the very distinctive Florida water!

Then, after our second trip to Walmart we split a sausage on a stick, stuck in to buns I have had in the car for like 3 days, with some mustard only as I can't find the ketchup we brought from Calgary - might be in the relocube :hehe:

Edited by trailmix

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I love sloppy joe's!! I make them often. I make them with a mix of ground turkey breast and extra lean beef. I also add chopped onion and peppers and serve with whole wheat buns. I try to find ways to make all recipes a little leaner and healthier.

Tonight I am making the Sweet and Savory crock pot chicken recipe that Marilyn posted. I will serve it with whole wheat quinoa. roasted asparagus, cauliflower and a salad.

Filed: Timeline
We spent the day at the Renaissance Festival yesterday so when we came home I just dressed up a frozen pizza with extra sauce, extra cheese, some green chillies, mushrooms, spinach and spices - yum:-). No idea for tonight yet. Still have company from out of town so we are going shopping at the outlet mall!

Ohmygosh, the Renaissance Festival!!! I went to the one in Ontario and we had a blast! I distinctly remember doing the pub crawl where we all had to have a full glass of beer or grog (or whatever it's called) at all times and hang onto a rope as we wended our way through the village. Every time we saw a wench or something we'd stop and yell "A wench! Drink to the wench!" (or somesuch nonsense) and have a swig of our beer. We also had to sing this song to the tune of Doe-A-Deer:

Dough

The stuff

That buys my beer

Ray

The guy who pours my beer

Me

The guy who drinks my beer

Fah

A long way to the privy

So

Let's have another beer

Lah

Yes, have another beer

Tea

No thanks, I'll have a beer

That will bring us back to

Beer beer beer beer....

iagree.gif

Timeline

Menudo? Isn't that some boy band that Ricky somebody-or-other used to belong to?

Egads. I just googled it. It's also a soup made with tripe. Equally horrific. :lol:

hubby likes it... :P I don't make it though we had a can of it in the cupboard....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

ok i think I am going to make grilled ham and cheese and something.. maybe soup....

i was going to make chicken something but it is still frozen and hubby has school at 3:30 so thats out :P

i was going to make this pizza casserole thing at first but everything is frozen for that too but maybe I will make that for when he gets home from school.. we will see :unsure:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

ok we had grilled ham and cheese and some leftover mac and cheese from yesterday.. holy cheese overload :P hubby only ate his grilled cheese though....

tonight I a think I am going to make that pizza casserole.. It is a new recipe but it looks good...

Delicious Ground Beef Pizza Casserole

# 1 lb lean ground beef

# 1 large onion, chopped

# 1 medium green pepper, chopped

# 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic

# salt or seasoning salt and pepper

# 3-4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese

# 1 lb pepperoni, divided

# 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushroom, drained

# 4 cups pasta sauce

# 3-4 cups rigatoni pasta (cooked to firm-tender and drained, do not overcook the pasta)

# 4 cups mozzarella cheese, divided

Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish.

Cook the gound beef in a medium skillet with the onions, green peppers, garlic, salt pepper until meat is browned and veggies are tender; drain fat, and mix in the Parmesan cheese.

Stir in the 1/2-pound pepperoni (chop this pepperoni to add to the mixture, leave the remaining half pound pepperoni sliced), mushrooms, pasta sauce; stir well until combined; simmer for 20-25 minutes on top of stove.

Set oven to 350 degrees.

Place the cooked rigatoni pasta on the bottom of the greased baking dish.

Sprinkle with 2 cups mozzarella cheese over the pasta.

Layer with pepperoni slices evenly over the cheese.

Top with the ground beef/pasta sauce mixture.

Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.

Remove from oven, sprinkle with the remaining 2 cups mozzarella cheese.

Return to oven and bake for 10 minutes longer, or until bubbly.

Let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I think I am going to mix the sauce and pasta together or put the sauce on top of the pasta and then the pepperoni and cheese... if you put the pasta and then the pepperoni and cheese and then the sauce the pasta doesn't really get the sauce.... hmmmm

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.