Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

We had chicken pot pie and veg last night. It was delicious. The painters left in record time so I just pulled it out of the freezer. I had made it out of leftovers the last time we had roast chicken and had frozen it, so that came in handy. Not too sure what we'll be having this evening yet. Will wait and see what everyone else is having. lol

iagree.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I never got to do the crock pot chicken recipe that Marilyn put up. I had the chicken defrosting in the fridge- but it took the entire day to get my drivers license. We have people coming tomorrow for margaritas and chicken tacos so I can use the chicken then.

Mel went to shoot some golf balls tonight, I was invited but wanted to stay home. I may run to Subway in a bit.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
We're having haddock on spinach, roasted peppers, and spanish rice. What a combination. LOL Just waiting for my husband to come home from the gym.

That sounds really good. We had a big mac and fries, I can't remember the last time I ate McDonalds. I was really hungry though and it tasted good!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I went grocery shopping today and spent entirely too much money.. I felt so bad :(...

but now our cupboards and fridge are all full again....

I think tonight we are going to have hotdogs and ramen noodles.... too tired to cook...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

We're having haddock on spinach, roasted peppers, and spanish rice. What a combination. LOL Just waiting for my husband to come home from the gym.

That sounds really good. We had a big mac and fries, I can't remember the last time I ate McDonalds. I was really hungry though and it tasted good!

Mmmmm. It was delish, T-Mix. Gosh. I haven't had a big mac in eons. Strangely enough... I haven't even craved one in years. Damn you! :bonk::lol:

I went grocery shopping today and spent entirely too much money.. I felt so bad :( ...

but now our cupboards and fridge are all full again....

I think tonight we are going to have hotdogs and ramen noodles.... too tired to cook...

Cooking after shopping sux. I'd have hotdogs too.

iagree.gif

Timeline
Mmmmm. It was delish, T-Mix. Gosh. I haven't had a big mac in eons. Strangely enough... I haven't even craved one in years. Damn you! :bonk::lol:

:hehe:

So my Husband is watching the Hockey game and he's a bit peckish so he is now on his way to McDonald's for a snack - it's basically in the back yard after all :)

Timeline

So what are you guys having for dinner??

We are in Calhoun, Georgia now and yes, there is a McDonalds in the parking lot! However there is also a Ruby Tuesdays, we have never eaten there so we popped over and got take out and it was delicious.

I had a Turkey burger with fries and green beans, my Husband had ribs, steak, fries, broccoli and mashed potatoes, which were all delicious!

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

i made creamy chicken chow mein.... i found the recipe on a bag of frozen stir fry vegies... I haven't eaten it yet though.. hubby still isn't home form work but I think I am going to eat anyways... I wasn't planning on waiting for him but I got caught up watching a movie and lost track of time :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

mmmm, it was good... :thumbs:

Creamy Chicken Chow Mein

1 (16 ounce) bag of frozen chow mein stir-fry

2 cups diced cooked chicken

1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup

1/4 cup water

1/4 mayo

1 clove garlic, minced

1 tablespoon soy sauce (i used a little less then a tablespoon)

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Stir fry vegetables according to package directions

In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients except the chicken together and add to the vegetables.

Stir in Chicken.

Heat throughly and serve over cooked rice, noodles or chow mein noodles.

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

We are in Calhoun, Georgia now and yes, there is a McDonalds in the parking lot! However there is also a Ruby Tuesdays, we have never eaten there so we popped over and got take out and it was delicious.

I had a Turkey burger with fries and green beans, my Husband had ribs, steak, fries, broccoli and mashed potatoes, which were all delicious!

Calhoun, huh? You are 20 minutes from where I used to live ..... I miss GA so much lately. Hubby would tell you to eat dinner at Krystal's (hahaha) :)

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

my mom and I are making homemade thin crispy crust pizza! yumm!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

Calhoun, huh? You are 20 minutes from where I used to live ..... I miss GA so much lately. Hubby would tell you to eat dinner at Krystal's (hahaha) :)

That sounds delicious Cassie. So which town were you living in near Calhoun autumnchik? Krystal's is right across the street from where we were staying. We are in Tifton now. Not sure what's for dinner but there is a Cracker Barrel right next door.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Cracker Barrel is pretty good:-).Well, you must have driven right by our place today - at least within 2 miles of us if you were on I-75.

It sure is nice having company:-). We went out to dinner tonight in Morrow to try a French restaurant we saw when we drove by a few weeks ago. It is called Peche and it was wonderful! Full marks for superb service and the food was great. A nice jazz duo was playing sax and a mellow trumpet as we ate. I had trout almondine with a mango lime sauce, fresh green beans and sauteed potato sllices; Joe had the pepper steak with scalloped potatoes, and my friend had pecan coated chicken breast with peach chutney, sweet potato casserole and fresh green beans. We split a raisin and peach bread pudding with ice cream, whipped cream and this wonderful burnt brown sugar sauce. Yum!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

So would mine! :lol:

right across the street from where we were staying. We are in Tifton now. Not sure what's for dinner but there is a Cracker Barrel right next door.

You're just up the road! :dance:

It sure is nice having company:-). We went out to dinner tonight in Morrow to try a French restaurant we saw when we drove by a few weeks ago. It is called Peche and it was wonderful! Full marks for superb service and the food was great. A nice jazz duo was playing sax and a mellow trumpet as we ate. I had trout almondine with a mango lime sauce, fresh green beans and sauteed potato sllices; Joe had the pepper steak with scalloped potatoes, and my friend had pecan coated chicken breast with peach chutney, sweet potato casserole and fresh green beans. We split a raisin and peach bread pudding with ice cream, whipped cream and this wonderful burnt brown sugar sauce. Yum!

That sounds more New Orleans/Southern than French. But it sounds really lovely with the live jazz and the superb service. Sure wish I could find something like that here. I'll keep looking. :)

Last night we had salad and chicken pita pockets with roasted peppers and onions and homemade tzatziki sauce. We have leftovers so I'm thinking I'll make another salad and that's what we'll have again tonight. However my husband hates leftovers, so I'm not quite sure if I'll do that or not. Perhaps I'll keep them for tomorrow and make something more traditional today. :unsure:

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.