Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

One, I am jealous that the Georgia gang all got together....I wish some Canuckians lived closer to me. :(

We haven't had supper yet, cause we had a late lunch: 24 hour marinated chicken breasts covered in panko bread crumbs and baked, creamed corn, and skillet poatoes. Yum! :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm jealous too ... not only that the GA gang got to enjoy each other's company, but also that they got to eat yummy Southern cooking!!! Of course, if hubby gets his way, we will end up back in GA in a year or two ....

Just got back from CT (mom threw me a baby shower this weekend). Before we left tonight, we had pizza. I really do adore CT pizza (first pizza in the U.S. was in New Haven). Tonight we had 2 kinds: bacon, mushroom, fresh tomato and onion ... and white clam pizza. I was in HEAVEN!!!

This week's menu will feature wedding shower leftovers: lunchmeat for hubby, various cheeses, an artichoke heart appy, chicken salad, potato salad, macaroni salad with shrimp and crab, raw veggies, and tres leches cake (my all time favorite, have only had a few times since leaving CA, and my mom found a bakery to make one!).

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

ah, chicken parmigiana tonight with pasta and mixed vegetables:-). Oh, and I have whole wheat and honey bread in the breadmaker, too:-)

It is weird here - the temperature is unseasonally cold - freeze warnings out for last night, tonight and tomorrow - it is 45 degrees right now - and we are in the middle of a thunderstorm with teaming rain. This was definitely NOT in the forecast!

Oh, and any other Canucks in the area are more than welcome to join us when we meet. We were discussing having a local get together with other Canadians in the area last year and we renewed that discussion on Saturday night. There are actually a good number of us here! Then, we can expand out and welcome non-Canadian VJers as well - I have met some of those here too:-).

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

well, I was going to have leftover sgetti for din din tonight and was going to give hubby some canned chicken gumbo soup or canned clam chowder soup and make him some biscuits to go with it but he didn't want it and I even offered him the sgetti and he didn't want that either so we ordered in from the place down the street :P he is having the chicken terakyi combo and I am having the cheeseburger combo...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

last night I made my version of Alice Springs Chicken from the Outback...

*Grilled chicken breast and bacon smothered in mushrooms, melted Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses, with honey mustard sauce*

... I have so many onions to use up...so sauteed onions, mushrooms, and bacon together...added a little beef stock to thicken it up.. grilled chicken breasts...put them in a dish topped with the onion, mushroom, bacon mixture..then topped that with cheese (also trying to use that up), baked in the oven until cheese was melted and bubbly... made some asparagus and a salad to go with it... mmmmmm...

my kitchen is now about 98% packed up... no plans to make dinner tonight... not sure if we will have anything..had a late lunch.. tomorrow we have my husbands sons and brother coming to help pack up our U-Pack so we will get pizza tomorrow...then we hit the road Thursday morning...exciting and scarey at the same time... have no idea what we will be eating on the road..we dont eat alot of fast food..so hoping to stick with places like Subway...we lose our computer tomorrow afternoon.. so will see you guys back online next week!

Kimmbo (Las Vegas,NV,USA)

Barry (Brampton,ON,CANADA)

Im an American married to a Canadian, I have no kids, yet Im a grandmother, I can pick things up off the floor with my toes

I-130

----------------

Feb/26/07 Sent I-130 (VSC)($190 US)

March/2/07 Rcv'd at VSC

March/5/07 NOA-1

July/23/07 NOA2(147 days)

I-129F

--------------

March/16/07 Sent I-129F (Chicago) ($170 US)

March/21/07 Received in Chicago

March/22/07 NOA-1

April/10/07 Transferred to VSC

April/23/07 Email from USCIS (case pending at VSC)

July/23/07 NOA2(129 days)

July/28/07 Rcv'd at NVC

July/31/07 NVC sent to Montreal

Aug/3/07 Montreal Rcv'd

Aug/8/07 Packet 3 Received

Aug/10/07 Packet 3 Sent

Aug/13/07 Packet 3 Received in Montreal

Oct/17/07 Medical Scheduled (Dr Seiden)

Jan/25/08 INTERVIEW MONTREAL...APPROVED!

Feb/6/08 Montreal sends Visa, finally!

Feb/8/08 Received Visa (14 days)

April/18/08 Moving Day/POE Sarnia

AOS/EAD

--------------

June/21/08 AOS/EAD package sent ($1010)

June/23/08 Received in Chicago

June/30/08 Check cashed

July/01/08 Received NOA's for I-765 & I-485 (dated June 27th)

July/02/08 Touch

July/07/08 Received Biometrics letter (dated July 1st)

July/18/08 Biometrics appt 8am

Aug/30/08 EAD card received (approval dated Aug 26th)

Sept/04/08 Applied for SSN

Sept/15/08 Social Security card received

Jan/23/09 letter received with interview date

March/10/09 INTERVIEW 9:30am...APPROVED!!

March/19/09 Welcome Letter received

March/23/09 GREENCARD RECEIVED, DONE WITH USCIS UNTIL 2019!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

After seeing Marilyn talk about spaghetti- I took some of my homemade sauce out of the freezer this morning. I served it with the corkscrew noodles.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I am making this today....

Savory Sweet Crock Pot Chicken

Ingredients

4 bone-in chicken breast halves

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup ketchup

4 tablespoons white vinegar

4 tablespoons lemon juice

4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

1 small onion

1 tablespoon mustard

2 teaspoons paprika

2 teaspoons chili powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

1.Put all ingredients except for chicken in crock pot and stir.

2. Add chicken and spoon sauce over chicken.

3.Cook on low for 6 1/2 hours.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, we are in St Louis and we had Hardees! We get to the hotel and I am starving, so we find this nice menu and delivery service in the drawer and I call them and they say it will take about an hour and a half for delivery - so we drive up the street and grab a sandwich - which was ok.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I am making this today....

Savory Sweet Crock Pot Chicken

Ingredients

4 bone-in chicken breast halves

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup ketchup

4 tablespoons white vinegar

4 tablespoons lemon juice

4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

1 small onion

1 tablespoon mustard

2 teaspoons paprika

2 teaspoons chili powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

1.Put all ingredients except for chicken in crock pot and stir.

2. Add chicken and spoon sauce over chicken.

3.Cook on low for 6 1/2 hours.

That sounds good- I will try this recipe on Thursday.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
My wifes away for the next month, so I keep thinks very simple. Chicken breasts, potatoes and vegetables!

same here :) how are you going to cook your chicken breasts? lemon chicken?

(CHECK MY PROFILE INFORMATION FOR COMPLETE SIGNATURE)

August 19, 2006 VISA ON HAND!!!

September 5, 2006- POE @ SFO

September 8, 2006- Applied for SSN

SSN arrived more than a month after.. GRRR!!

November 8, 2006- MARRIED @ San Francisco City Hall

November 21, 2006- Received official marriage certificate

Dec. 19, 2006- sent out AOS

Jan. 3, 2007- Cashed cheques for AOS and EAD

March 15, 2007- AOS interview; APPROVED!!

March 23, 2007- Welcome letter/notice received from mail

March 27, 2007- GREENCARD

Sept 5, 2007 - my first anniversary in the U.S

Jan 30, 2009 - Mailed I-751 removal of conditional residence status

Feb 2, 2009 - Package mailed 10:22 AM at Laguna Niguel, CA (CSC)

Feb 5, 2009 - Check cashed

Feb 26, 2009 Biometrics

The Newlyweds: DJ and PRINCESS

watch clearer version[/color]

mylove.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.