Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

We ate brunch out ... hubby had traditional eggs benedict and I had eggs benedict with steak instead of canadian bacon. Yummy! We were so full that we didn't want to have a big dinner, so hubby made ramen noodles for himself and I made egg noodles with butter and parmesan cheese ..... and then thought, oh #######, the baby needs more nutrition than that, so I had raw carrots and an apple too :)

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We were out and about on Saturday, so took in lunch at the Trailhead in St. Charles. We had a bowl of smoked brisket chili...mmmmmmm...and a veggie pizza. Was very good. Nothing for supper that night. Last night we had an egg noodle veggie, ham, casserole with some cornbread. Was leftover ham from Easter. Leftovers tonight!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I guess others aren't eating tonight? :blink::lol:

We're having couscous tomato salad, bacon spinach muffins, and grilled salmon.

:lol:

That sounds good, Carla. My husband ended up working really late last night so we'll be having the soup tonight. What's your bacon spinach muffin recipe?

Yes, bacon, spinach muffins sound delicious!

We have chinese food last night, there is still tons left over if anyone wants to pop over!

I don't know about dinner tonight, my Husband is out doing errands at the moment, depends what he brings back to the campsite.

These would be good with soup Crikey!

6 bacon strips, diced

1/2 cup butter, softened

2 tablespoons sugar

1 egg

1/2 cup sour cream

1/2 cup milk

2 cups all purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

1/4 cup finely chopped onion

1 package frozen chopped spinach, or throw some fresh spinach in

- cook bacon until crisp

- in small mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg

- combine sour cream and milk. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixutre alternately with the sour cream mixture until just moistened.

- fold in bacon, feta, onion and 1/2 cup spinach

- fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 3/4 full

- Bake at 375 for 18-22 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean

- Cool for 5 min.

- Serve warm, makes about 1 dozen

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline
These would be good with soup Crikey!

6 bacon strips, diced

1/2 cup butter, softened

2 tablespoons sugar

1 egg

1/2 cup sour cream

1/2 cup milk

2 cups all purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

1/4 cup finely chopped onion

1 package frozen chopped spinach, or throw some fresh spinach in

- cook bacon until crisp

- in small mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg

- combine sour cream and milk. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixutre alternately with the sour cream mixture until just moistened.

- fold in bacon, feta, onion and 1/2 cup spinach

- fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 3/4 full

- Bake at 375 for 18-22 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean

- Cool for 5 min.

- Serve warm, makes about 1 dozen

Mmm. Interesting. I'll give them a go. I'm always looking for easy breffrus ideas for when there's a large crowd. Might be interesting to switch up the flour to cornmeal. I'll experiment after I've tried the original recipe first, though. I'm no dummy. LOL

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm just thinking, cheese and spinach scones would be really good.

I'm hungry.

Ok scones are in the oven! No cheese or spinach, but I'm just happy I managed to make them weeeeeeeee

We're having spaghetti with jarred sauce, but I added mushrooms, red and yellow peppers and hamburger to the sauce.

that is how I do it :thumbs:

Once in a blue moon, I get adventurous and make my own sauce, but usually I go for the jar sauce and additional items combo :)

My Italian gma must be rolling over in her grave now.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.