Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

dinner was yummo last night... I made this... :thumbs:

Crock Pot Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken

1 large chicken, cut into serving pieces

1 cup packed brown sugar

2/3 cup vinegar (i reduced the vinegar to 1/4 cup, 2/3 cup of vinegar sounded like too much to me)

1/4 cup Sprite or 7-Up soda

2-3 tablespoons minced garlic

2 tablespoons soy sauce

1 teaspoon pepper(regular black or cayenne)

1. Place chicken in crock pot.

2. Mix all remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.

3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

4. Serve over rice or noodles.

5. You can thicken the juices after cooking with a little cornstarch.

*... I just used 4 chicken drumsticks and there was barely enough sauce... if you are going to use a whole chicken you might want to double the sauce....

That sounds really good Marilyn. Thanks for posting! I think I'm going to try this. I like using boneless chicken breasts - less fuss.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

1 cup packed brown sugar

2/3 cup vinegar (i reduced the vinegar to 1/4 cup, 2/3 cup of vinegar sounded like too much to me)

2 tablespoons soy sauce

*... I just used 4 chicken drumsticks and there was barely enough sauce... if you are going to use a whole chicken you might want to double the sauce....

That sounds really good Marilyn. Thanks for posting! I think I'm going to try this. I like using boneless chicken breasts - less fuss.

I am sure you already know but if you are going to use chicken breasts, you need to reduce the cooking time :)

We had spinach ricotta shells last night in marinara sauce. Crusty chibatta buns as well.

I'm gone all day to volunteer training, so I might just pick up a roasted chicken at the grocery, and make a chicken ceasar salad tonight.

Marilyn, the chicken recipe looks good. Would be good over some ramen noodles.

yeah it would be good with noodles too :thumbs:

the sauce is runny so if you like a thicker sauce you would need to thicken the sauce after the chicken is cooked....

I have slowly found out that my hubby likes runny sauces ..lol

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I just found this recipe on the Kraft site.. it looks interesting, might have to try it one day....

Potato Smashers

8 small new potatoes (3/4 lb.), about 1-1/2 inches in diameter

1/2 cup water

4 slices OSCAR MAYER Center Cut Bacon

2 Tbsp. KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing

1/2 cup KRAFT Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese

PLACE potatoes and water in 2-qt. microwaveable dish. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 10 min. or until potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 min. Meanwhile, cook bacon in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 8 to 10 min. or until crisp, turning frequently. Drain on paper towels.

DRAIN potatoes; place on work surface. Press each potato with bottom of small bowl or saucer to flatten to 1/2-inch thickness.

HEAT dressing in skillet on medium heat. Add potatoes; cook 4 min. or until bottoms are golden brown. Meanwhile, crumble bacon. Turn potatoes over; sprinkle evenly with cheese and bacon. Cover skillet with lid. Cook an additional 2 min. or until cheese is melted.

Healthy Living

Save 40 calories and 4 grams fat per serving by preparing as directed with OSCAR MAYER Turkey Bacon, KRAFT Light Zesty Italian Reduced Fat Dressing, and KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese.

Jazz It Up

Serve with BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream.

Jazz It Up

Garnish with chopped fresh chives just before serving.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

does anyone know of a good inexpensive crock pot I could buy?? I have one already but I don't trust it... I think the wiring is messed up or something because it gets too hot and things cook really fast in it...

if I am going to be working I want a crock pot I can trust.... would be nice to throw everything in and have it waiting when I got home...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Leftover homemade lasagna from last night. Bee's having a boys' night out with his best friend so I don't have to cook tonight :D

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: Timeline
does anyone know of a good inexpensive crock pot I could buy??

My best crock pot was one I received from my Dad when I was 16 years old. For my hope chest. (Yes, I'm that old.) It was awesome. I left it in Canada when I moved to the US because my husband had one. I like mine better. I'm hoping it's still with one of the members of my family.

Leftover homemade lasagna from last night. Bee's having a boys' night out with his best friend so I don't have to cook tonight :D

Yay for not having to cook tonight! :dance:

We had Thai chicken curry with basmati rice this evening. It was awesome. :thumbs:

iagree.gif

1 cup packed brown sugar

2 tablespoons soy sauce

Oooh, that recipe looks yummy. Marilyn, how do you find all these delicious recipes??? Is that your superpower? :)

Edited by autumnchik

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

1 cup packed brown sugar

2 tablespoons soy sauce

Oooh, that recipe looks yummy. Marilyn, how do you find all these delicious recipes??? Is that your superpower? :)

when I was younger my mom was always surprised that almost every time i tried out a new recipe it was good...

I just seem to have a knack for sniffing out good recipes....

I also frequent the site recipezaar....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Thanks for the reminder Marilyn about runny sauces :lol::thumbs:

We had chicken cesear salad last night. Tonight I'm going to finish up the chicken with a chicken noodle soy thingy. *I'm just going to throw some things together*

I too left my wonderful crock-pot back in Canada, and it was my favourite. I didn't get it for my hope chest, but I did buy it as one of my first items when I moved away from home.

Gene bought me one here, I don't know the brand, but it was pretty inexpensive. Think it was from K-Mart.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

I am making Zesty Chicken BBQ in the crock pot today...

Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue

* 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

* 1 (12 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce

* 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing

* 1/4 cup brown sugar

* 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

1. Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the barbeque sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken.

2. Cover, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low.

as you can see we eat a lot of chicken.. chicken is awesome though because it is so versatile... you can make it a million different ways.... :thumbs:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

mmm, dinner is smelling good.. the only problem is that I should have halved the sauce... I didn't have 6 chicken breasts, just a couple of chicken thighs and I didn't think of it until too late that I should halved the sauce :P now I have a lot of sauce :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yay, we are eating out again tonight! It is fun having company! Last night I made a seafood medley stirfry with alfredo sauce (shrimps, scallops, fake lobster meat), with fresh caraway rye bread and a mixed green salad. Tonight we are eating Thai.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

I have no idea what to do with dinner.. I was planning on having chicken BBQ sandwiches but there isn't really enough chicken for that... and plus I have all that sauce so I was thinking mashed potatoes but I don't have enough potatoes... :wacko:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.