Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Speaking of dinner! I was going to make a stir fry tonight, but the folks at my Husband's workplace want to take him out for a drink after work. He doesn't want to go, so that should be fun for him.

Based on that I have decided to make a roast instead - easier to keep warm. So roast, potatoes and I think hmm, maybe corn, maybe not even potatoes as i'm thinking garlic bread sounds good.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I go back to Canada one weekend a month (usually the 2nd weekend, Fri-Mon) and on the Thursday before I make up a batch of Chili Mac for our dinner and leftovers for another meal to feed my husband over the weekend.

Recipe:

Saute 1/2 green pepper (chopped), 1 small onion (chopped) and 1 large clove garlic (diced)

Add 1 lb ground beef, brown and drain

Stir in 14oz can diced tomatoes, 1 tbsp mince jalapenos, 1-1/2c spag sauce, 3/4c water, 3/4c uncooked elbow macaroni, 1 pkg (or 7-1/2 tsp) taco seasoning & 1 can mexican salsa

Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes

Top with grated cheese

Tasty!

Removal of Conditions

04-14-10 I751 Application sent

04-19-10 NOA1

06-01-10 Biometrics in Detroit

08-10-10 Card Production Order

08-24-10 Green Card Received

AOS Journey

10-06-07 POE Detroit

10-12-07 Married

10-19-07 Mailed AOS Package

10-24-07 AOS package delivered

10-29-07 NOA1 Date

11-07-07 Applied for SSN, Received within 2 weeks

12-11-07 Biometrics in Detroit

12-21-07 I-485 Transferred to CSC

12-31-07 I-765 Card Production Ordered; I-131 Approved

01-07-08 I-131 Received

01-10-08 I-765 Approval Notice Sent

01-12-08 I-765 Received

02-21-08 RFE - Medical

03-18-08 RFE returned

04-07-08 RFE received at CSC

07-15-08 Card Production Order

07-21-08 Green Card Received

K1 Journey

09-12-06 I129F Application sent

09-20-06 NOA1, Receipt Notice

01-22-07 NOA2, Approval Notice

02-08-07 Petition forwarded to Mtl

03-02-07 Pkg 3 Received

03-17-07 Pkg 3 Returned

08-15-07 Montreal Interview, APPROVED

09-11-07 Visa Received

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

not sure what is for dinner tonight.... it is our anniversary but hubby has school this evening from 7 to 10pm...

he called in sick today too and is upstairs snoozing away....

I think we might go out for a nice dinner tomorrow... but now that he is home today I am not sure what is going to happen...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
OK, I am hereby fessing up... I made Bren's fave blueberry muffins last night, and I forgot to put sugar on them. I hang my head in shame.

You forgot the sugar!? Len, len len....

My Sister once made banana bread with salt.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
OK, I am hereby fessing up... I made Bren's fave blueberry muffins last night, and I forgot to put sugar on them. I hang my head in shame.

You forgot the sugar!? Len, len len....

i once made baking powder biscuits with baking soda... ugh...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Lady at work gave me a recipe for Sweedish Meatballs, but don't have the stuff for that yet. So instead I have chicken dethawing so will be having I guess Mustard Chicken and Brocolli. Pretty plain and simple to make. Fry Extra virgin olive oil, dump in chicken with mustard powder and mustard seads and mustard ####### from the grocery store, fry and then serve...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

hmmm maybe you could put some sugared strawberries and whip cream on them, or use them in a bread pudding style recipe or make a nice cream cheese frosting for them..

Kimmbo (Las Vegas,NV,USA)

Barry (Brampton,ON,CANADA)

Im an American married to a Canadian, I have no kids, yet Im a grandmother, I can pick things up off the floor with my toes

I-130

----------------

Feb/26/07 Sent I-130 (VSC)($190 US)

March/2/07 Rcv'd at VSC

March/5/07 NOA-1

July/23/07 NOA2(147 days)

I-129F

--------------

March/16/07 Sent I-129F (Chicago) ($170 US)

March/21/07 Received in Chicago

March/22/07 NOA-1

April/10/07 Transferred to VSC

April/23/07 Email from USCIS (case pending at VSC)

July/23/07 NOA2(129 days)

July/28/07 Rcv'd at NVC

July/31/07 NVC sent to Montreal

Aug/3/07 Montreal Rcv'd

Aug/8/07 Packet 3 Received

Aug/10/07 Packet 3 Sent

Aug/13/07 Packet 3 Received in Montreal

Oct/17/07 Medical Scheduled (Dr Seiden)

Jan/25/08 INTERVIEW MONTREAL...APPROVED!

Feb/6/08 Montreal sends Visa, finally!

Feb/8/08 Received Visa (14 days)

April/18/08 Moving Day/POE Sarnia

AOS/EAD

--------------

June/21/08 AOS/EAD package sent ($1010)

June/23/08 Received in Chicago

June/30/08 Check cashed

July/01/08 Received NOA's for I-765 & I-485 (dated June 27th)

July/02/08 Touch

July/07/08 Received Biometrics letter (dated July 1st)

July/18/08 Biometrics appt 8am

Aug/30/08 EAD card received (approval dated Aug 26th)

Sept/04/08 Applied for SSN

Sept/15/08 Social Security card received

Jan/23/09 letter received with interview date

March/10/09 INTERVIEW 9:30am...APPROVED!!

March/19/09 Welcome Letter received

March/23/09 GREENCARD RECEIVED, DONE WITH USCIS UNTIL 2019!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

breaded pork chops, boiled potatoes with parsley, and broccoli - with double chocolate fudge brownie ice cream for dessert!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline
Autumnchik...it's important that everyone at least once a year eat amusement park or fair food! I would miss it if I didn't have that to eat once a year! We really try to eat healthy throughout the year, but really and truly...everyone DESERVES greasy fair food once a year! Mmmmmmmmmmm

:thumbs: We don't go to the Stampede every year, more like every other year, but basically we go for the corn dogs :hehe:

Mmmmmmmmmm that looks divine! Very delicious picture! Hope Crikey doesn't see it if she's nauseous!

Yes I posted a note in off topic warning her to shield her eyes if she comes in to this thread :hehe:

I should have listened. icon8.gif

iagree.gif

I go back to Canada one weekend a month (usually the 2nd weekend, Fri-Mon) and on the Thursday before I make up a batch of Chili Mac for our dinner and leftovers for another meal to feed my husband over the weekend.

Recipe:

Saute 1/2 green pepper (chopped), 1 small onion (chopped) and 1 large clove garlic (diced)

Add 1 lb ground beef, brown and drain

Stir in 14oz can diced tomatoes, 1 tbsp mince jalapenos, 1-1/2c spag sauce, 3/4c water, 3/4c uncooked elbow macaroni, 1 pkg (or 7-1/2 tsp) taco seasoning & 1 can mexican salsa

Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes

Top with grated cheese

Tasty!

You know, despite my really nauseated condition, I can see that I would like to make that one day. Thanks for the recipe. :thumbs:

not sure what is for dinner tonight.... it is our anniversary but hubby has school this evening from 7 to 10pm...

he called in sick today too and is upstairs snoozing away....

I think we might go out for a nice dinner tomorrow... but now that he is home today I am not sure what is going to happen...

Happy anniversary, Marilyn!

:lol:

iagree.gif

Lady at work gave me a recipe for Sweedish Meatballs, but don't have the stuff for that yet. So instead I have chicken dethawing so will be having I guess Mustard Chicken and Brocolli. Pretty plain and simple to make. Fry Extra virgin olive oil, dump in chicken with mustard powder and mustard seads and mustard ####### from the grocery store, fry and then serve...

Any particular kind of mustard #######? :lol:

iagree.gif

hmmm maybe you could put some sugared strawberries and whip cream on them, or use them in a bread pudding style recipe or make a nice cream cheese frosting for them..

Spoken like a true from-the-heart cook. :thumbs::)

iagree.gif

breaded pork chops, boiled potatoes with parsley, and broccoli - with double chocolate fudge brownie ice cream for dessert!

Gosh. I haven't had boiled potatoes in forever. That sounds good. Sure wish I wasn't so nauseated. :( I'd love to be able to go out to eat. My husband's gone out with his business associates. I feel too crappy.

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.