Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

I love Panara as well. Well, it's St. Louis Bread Company here. I've gotten bread there a few times, just a wee bit more expensive. The several that are nearby don't have a lot of the breads they have listed. Maybe I don't go early enough? They have about 5 or 6 types of bread in various sizes when I'm there. But I do love their bread. It was just nice to go to some place different, that has way more types.

Autumnchik, are you going for a little R&R? Enjoy your trip!

Also...don't click on that panara link... :lol: twice I clicked on it, and couldn't figure out why it was coming up page not found. That's because the "yay" at the end was included with the link. Duh me.

carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
Yay weetabix!

We had dinner last night, hmm what was it, must have been memorable - oh right, pancakes and eggs and some chicken bacon - yes it was good.

I'm thinking spaghetti for dinner tonight, I have tomatoes, peppers and onions I can use with that.

Had pancakes and bacon last night...yummy.

Tonight is Chicken boobs on a bun with BBQ sauce and fried onions I think. Maybe some salad :)

We have Panera breads instead of the other shop http://www.panerabread.com/....yay bread!

Did you two call each other last night or something? :lol:

I have a bunch of fresh veggies I need to get rid of before we go away, so I'm going to make chicken or pork chops with... carrots and turnip with parsnip and some broccoli. I think. :unsure:

I've been to Panera Breads in Buffalo and I was very impressed with it. Haven't tried their breads yet, though.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We are having red snapper something :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Yay weetabix!

We had dinner last night, hmm what was it, must have been memorable - oh right, pancakes and eggs and some chicken bacon - yes it was good.

I'm thinking spaghetti for dinner tonight, I have tomatoes, peppers and onions I can use with that.

Had pancakes and bacon last night...yummy.

Tonight is Chicken boobs on a bun with BBQ sauce and fried onions I think. Maybe some salad :)

We have Panera breads instead of the other shop http://www.panerabread.com/....yay bread!

Did you two call each other last night or something? :lol:

I have a bunch of fresh veggies I need to get rid of before we go away, so I'm going to make chicken or pork chops with... carrots and turnip with parsnip and some broccoli. I think. :unsure:

I've been to Panera Breads in Buffalo and I was very impressed with it. Haven't tried their breads yet, though.

For a person who is not overly fond of seafood - I do like red snapper!

We call each other every day!!

Crickey - where are you going? :huh:

We're heading to Denver for a week. Hubby's going on business and I'm tagging along. Which should be really interesting since I've left all my winter clothes in Ontario. Might need to do a bit of shopping while I'm there. ;)

The house two doors down from me just went up for sale today, T! Want me to go check it out? :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

We're heading to Denver for a week. Hubby's going on business and I'm tagging along. Which should be really interesting since I've left all my winter clothes in Ontario. Might need to do a bit of shopping while I'm there. ;)

The house two doors down from me just went up for sale today, T! Want me to go check it out? :lol:

Yes, check it out!!

Oh I remember now, about Denver. You can always just wrap yourself up in a warm blanket and do like a bohemian look - need a back pack and a saucy hat and you are good to go.

Yes, check it out!!

Oh I remember now, about Denver. You can always just wrap yourself up in a warm blanket and do like a bohemian look - need a back pack and a saucy hat and you are good to go.

You're right! I'll pretend I'm very artsy and hang around coffee houses with my sketchbook and beret.

Actually, there's a few houses for sale around me. (I'll try not to take that personally.) I'll go around and pick up those little information sheets from the ones that have them. The one two doors down doesn't have any. This'll give me an excuse to go to the open houses now. :lol:

iagree.gif

Tonight is up in the air. I was planning on making thai chicken curry, but forgot to defrost the chicken breasts that are buried in the freezer. They won't thaw on time, so... I sent Bee a text message at work. His response: "restaurant?" Meaning... the local Belgian brewhouse in the neighbourhood. Mmm, cassis lambic.

We're pinching our pennies though, so I might put together a simple pasta and leave it at that. :(

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yugoslavia
Timeline
Sometimes I know what I'm having for dinner, sometimes I have to wrack my brain. Tonight I know we are having lamb shank with garlic mashed potatoes and peas. What's everyone else having?

36927.jpg

No need for me to cook! From the timelines on VJ it looks like it will be at least another 6 months before I see my husband. :crying: I guess I have plenty of time to decide what to cook for dinner.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yugoslavia
Timeline
I love Panara as well. Well, it's St. Louis Bread Company here. I've gotten bread there a few times, just a wee bit more expensive. The several that are nearby don't have a lot of the breads they have listed. Maybe I don't go early enough? They have about 5 or 6 types of bread in various sizes when I'm there. But I do love their bread. It was just nice to go to some place different, that has way more types.

Autumnchik, are you going for a little R&R? Enjoy your trip!

Also...don't click on that panara link... :lol: twice I clicked on it, and couldn't figure out why it was coming up page not found. That's because the "yay" at the end was included with the link. Duh me.

No need for me to cook! From the timelines on VJ it looks like it will be at least another 6 months before I see my husband. :crying: I guess I have plenty of time to decide what to cook for dinner. Anyone here have any good recipes for Yugoslavian food?

Timeline

Its my last night as a single guy,lol So going to do homework for a bit longer, then chill with beer and Dominos pizza!!! No i wont do the play by play Pizza tracker summary this time!! lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, check it out!!

Yes you'll be nice and warm in your blanket while it's sunny and in the high 60's/low 70's. Of course it's supposed to get down to the ugly 40's next week so you'll definatly need it then...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Timeline
Its my last night as a single guy,lol So going to do homework for a bit longer, then chill with beer and Dominos pizza!!! No i wont do the play by play Pizza tracker summary this time!! lol

Why not!?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.