Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

We had chicken adobo last night with brussel sprouts - Bee has had a phobia of the veggies in the past, but I convinced him to try it. And he liked it! :D

I think tonight's dinner will be Korean shortribs from TJ's with some rice, and maybe a salad. Num num.

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
We had chicken adobo last night with brussel sprouts - Bee has had a phobia of the veggies in the past, but I convinced him to try it. And he liked it! :D

I think tonight's dinner will be Korean shortribs from TJ's with some rice, and maybe a salad. Num num.

Oh, how do you make that Nini? I have Adobo seasoning and I don't know what to do with it. :unsure:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I definatly won't be taking a photo of the disaster ha ha. Damn now I have to remember to boil them a bit too, good thing you mentioned that. I will be making them for dinner tomorrow night, so will have a bit more time to read up on it...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Oh, how do you make that Nini? I have Adobo seasoning and I don't know what to do with it. :unsure:

It's ridiculously simple, and the recipe looks barbaric. We have this every week though :lol:

1/2 cup white vinegar

1/2 cup soy sauce

generous amount of white or black pepper

three garlic cloves

two bay leaves

2 pounds chicken thighs

15-20 brussel sprouts, cut in half

Simmer vinegar, soy sauce, pepper, garlic and bay leaves in a saucepan. Add chicken thighs and sprouts. Turn 'em over occasionally until tender. Serve with rice - make enough for leftovers!

Ta-da!

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Well I definatly won't be taking a photo of the disaster ha ha. Damn now I have to remember to boil them a bit too, good thing you mentioned that. I will be making them for dinner tomorrow night, so will have a bit more time to read up on it...

Oh come on. Disasters make for WAY better pictures! :lol:

It's ridiculously simple, and the recipe looks barbaric. We have this every week though :lol:

1/2 cup white vinegar

1/2 cup soy sauce

generous amount of white or black pepper

three garlic cloves

two bay leaves

2 pounds chicken thighs

15-20 brussel sprouts, cut in half

Simmer vinegar, soy sauce, pepper, garlic and bay leaves in a saucepan. Add chicken thighs and sprouts. Turn 'em over occasionally until tender. Serve with rice - make enough for leftovers!

Ta-da!

Oh. That sounds really good. I think I'll make that one night. But where does the adobo come into it? :unsure::lol:

Change of plan! I've decided to make bacon and potato chowder instead. :thumbs: With buttermilk biscuits. yum

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, pork loin chops dipped in egg and then rolled in crushed weetabix biscuits, sauteed with grilled sweet peppers, baked sweet potatoes and broccoli.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Tonight, Joel grilled pork chops and brushed them with honey mustard sauce (honey and mustard, no mayo) and he made homemade potato salad. I've not had to cook supper since Saturday...which is the day the grill came home with us.

I'm loving it while it lasts... ^_^

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Tonight, Joel grilled pork chops and brushed them with honey mustard sauce (honey and mustard, no mayo) and he made homemade potato salad. I've not had to cook supper since Saturday...which is the day the grill came home with us.

I'm loving it while it lasts... ^_^

he will get tired of it in time... :lol:

that is what happened here.. hubby got a BBQ and he used it a lot but now I have to beg him to use it....lol

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

I'm so excited ... I ate real food for the first time in a week (I am SOOOOO sick of soup) :)

Had Mexican rice mixed with ground beef (seasoned with taco seasoning), topped with cheese, salsa and a litte sour cream. Also had a salad.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

I'm so excited ... I ate real food for the first time in a week (I am SOOOOO sick of soup) :)

Had Mexican rice mixed with ground beef (seasoned with taco seasoning), topped with cheese, salsa and a litte sour cream. Also had a salad.

Glad your tummy is feeling better autumnchik!

We had baked potato soup last night. I adore this recipe, and it's the best one I've found. After my volunteer interview yesterday, when I was in a part of the city I hadn't been before, I found this awesome bread store called Breadsmith. They had about 30 different kinds of fresh breads! I bought a multigrain, and a rustic Italian. Couldn't pass up some good homemade soup with fresh crusty bread for supper so that's what we had! Tonight? Hmmm, I dunno yet....

Here's a link to Breadsmith's. You might have a location in your area. The bread was delicious.

http://www.breadsmith.com/

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Ok, pork loin chops dipped in egg and then rolled in crushed weetabix biscuits, sauteed with grilled sweet peppers, baked sweet potatoes and broccoli.

Ahhh Weetabix. The versatile food. I'm eating it for breffrus right now. Weetabix..... It's not just for breakfast anymore. :lol:

Yaaaay! Glad you're feeling better, Autumn!

Here's a link to Breadsmith's. You might have a location in your area. The bread was delicious.

http://www.breadsmith.com/

Ohhhh, lucky you for having a bread bakery in your area, Carla. I'm jealous. :(

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yay weetabix!

We had dinner last night, hmm what was it, must have been memorable - oh right, pancakes and eggs and some chicken bacon - yes it was good.

I'm thinking spaghetti for dinner tonight, I have tomatoes, peppers and onions I can use with that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Had pancakes and bacon last night...yummy.

Tonight is Chicken boobs on a bun with BBQ sauce and fried onions I think. Maybe some salad :)

We have Panera breads instead of the other shop http://www.panerabread.com/....yay bread!

Edited by Udella&Wiz

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Breadsmith sounds wonderful ... none near me unfortunately. I love Panera, but the closest one is an hour and a half drive (seriously, Northern NH really lacks chain restaurants .... you could make a killing opening a Panera up here!).

I am leaving for Florida on Saturday, may have to find a Panera down there.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.