Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Chicken breasts marinated in orange juice/lemon juice and garlic and herbs, covered in panko breadcrumbs and baked. Mashed sweet potatoes and corn.

*drool*

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Had this for supper tonight - absolutely great!

I had a lg pkg of chicken thighs, removed the skin and arranged in the pan. I didn't have tomoto sauce, but I did have a large can of crushed tomatoes so I used about 2/3 of that, italian dressing and oregano and basil. skipped the zucchini (no one but me would have liked it :( ) and added chopped onion on top before covering the chicken with sauce.

They were bone-in so I baked them at 350 for 1 hr and served with hot butter noodles and parmesan cheese. Total hit. Pumpkin pie for dessert

I say we all just invite Marilyn over for supper to cook :D

this recipe is pretty good...

Tender Italian Chicken

6-8 boneless chicken thighs

1 onion, chopped

1/2 cup tomato sauce

1/2 cup Italian dressing

1 teaspoon oregano

1 zucchini, sliced (optional)

1/2 grated Parmesan style cheese

Arrange thighs on top of onion in a baking dish. Combine the tomato sauce,dressing and oregano and pour over chicken. cook in oven for about 20 minutes. Add zucchini(if using) and cook chicken until done. Stir in cheese and serve over pasta....

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

Yumm! Those sound good:-). We just had fish and 'chips' - seasoned french fries baked in the oven. But we had cardamon and clove coffee afterwards:-).

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Had this for supper tonight - absolutely great!

I had a lg pkg of chicken thighs, removed the skin and arranged in the pan. I didn't have tomoto sauce, but I did have a large can of crushed tomatoes so I used about 2/3 of that, italian dressing and oregano and basil. skipped the zucchini (no one but me would have liked it :( ) and added chopped onion on top before covering the chicken with sauce.

They were bone-in so I baked them at 350 for 1 hr and served with hot butter noodles and parmesan cheese. Total hit. Pumpkin pie for dessert

I say we all just invite Marilyn over for supper to cook :D

this recipe is pretty good...

Tender Italian Chicken

6-8 boneless chicken thighs

1 onion, chopped

1/2 cup tomato sauce

1/2 cup Italian dressing

1 teaspoon oregano

1 zucchini, sliced (optional)

1/2 grated Parmesan style cheese

Arrange thighs on top of onion in a baking dish. Combine the tomato sauce,dressing and oregano and pour over chicken. cook in oven for about 20 minutes. Add zucchini(if using) and cook chicken until done. Stir in cheese and serve over pasta....

glad you liked it :)... I usually use zesty Italian dressing....

the original recipe said to cook it in the microwave, but I hate chicken cooked in the microwave... so I changed the recipe for the oven...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

our dinner today was good....

the potato wedges were good although they got a tad overcooked and some got really crispy but they were still good....

the fish was good too but my bread crumbs were not dry enough so it didn't really get crusty but it still tasted good..

the tartar sauce came out ok.. hubby said he liked it but it had a bit of a strange taste to me.. I think because of the onion.. next time I will just leave it out...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline
However, that reminds me - I'm wondering if any of you see this too - for all her perkiness and smiles - Rachel Ray looks sad to me - anyone else notice that or is it just me?

She definitely has some inner turmoil going on.

I think I"m feeling a steak craving coming on. Not too sure yet. It might be that I just need a coffee.

iagree.gif

However, that reminds me - I'm wondering if any of you see this too - for all her perkiness and smiles - Rachel Ray looks sad to me - anyone else notice that or is it just me?

She definitely has some inner turmoil going on.

I'm sorry....I probably would notice, but quite frankly as soon as I hear her voice I turn off the TV, or switch to another channel. She's so agressive, her voice sounds horrible. I think her cooking skills are that of someone newly learning to cook. So I really don't know if she looks sad. She shouldn't be! I was in Khol's the other day and saw a set of 3 of her knives (what HER knives mean is beyond me...) and they were on sale for $99.00. Three knives!!!! With orange handles!

Now that I've reviewed the above, that was horrible of me to have said that about her. :o

Maybe this week, I'll give her 10 min. of my time, and get back to you on what I think. Maybe she's someone that has to grow on me?

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline
Now that I've reviewed the above, that was horrible of me to have said that about her. :o

Maybe this week, I'll give her 10 min. of my time, and get back to you on what I think. Maybe she's someone that has to grow on me?

Don't feel bad Carla. I feel exactly the same way. Have a drink nearby when you watch her. You're gonna need it. And if you feel the compulsion to throw something at the television, use a pillow. :thumbs:

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Rachel Ray annoys me. I can't stand to watch her show. I hate to say it but Paula Deen is also starting to annoy me- I can take her in small doses.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
the one that annoys me is that Barefoot Contessa Chick...

I do like Ina but I find she tends to be very repetitive with the things she says "how bad can that be?" for example. I do think its sweet how much she adores her husband though.

Timeline

Paula Dean gets on my last nerve - although i am hoping to have nice silver hair like that once it all comes in :D Wonder if she uses one of those silver hair rinses? (but I digress)

No one has pretty nails like that when they cook so much and frankly, she's a little prissy and southern belle-ish for me. Just drop the act for pete's sake

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.