• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

ok I am pretty sure I am going to make the fish and potato wedgies today... I guess I should make the tartar sauce in the morning so it has time to ruminate....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
ok I am pretty sure I am going to make the fish and potato wedgies today... I guess I should make the tartar sauce in the morning so it has time to ruminate....

Wow- you make your own tarter sauce?

Now I have a craving for fish and chips- I haven't had it in so long. There is lots of fried catfish here- it is good but I do miss the fish and chips back home, the kind you got in the English pubs.

Timeline

Wow- you make your own tarter sauce?

Now I have a craving for fish and chips- I haven't had it in so long. There is lots of fried catfish here- it is good but I do miss the fish and chips back home, the kind you got in the English pubs.

I am making my own because I don't have any store bought.....

i found this recipe.. I haven't tried it before...

The Tartar Sauce

2/3 cup mayonnaise

1 teaspoon mustard (French's will do in lieu of powdered)

3 tablespoons dill pickles or dill pickle relish

tarragon

pepper

1. Combine mayonnaise and mustard until well blended.

2. Dice dill pickles and add to mixture.

3. Add tarragon and pepper to taste.

4. Chill for 30 minutes.

* I think I might add some onion too....

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

most recipes I found have lemon juice in them too but I don't have any and this was one of the only recipes that didn't...

it probably isn't an authentic recipe but it looks good..

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Its just me and my stepson tonight- Mel teaches his Business course on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. I find somewhere close by to pick up some catfish- there is no shortage of seafood restaurants here.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ive got two things going on right now...Sticky Chicken in the oven, and a pot of Chili on the stove.. chicken is for dinner tonight along with roasted veggies (broccoli, sweet potatoes, and brussel sprouts) and garlic-cheese bread and a salad...Chili is for tomorrow, melted cheese and green onion on top and usually serve them with those Tostitos Scoop tortilla chips..I dont really use a recipe for my chili just start throwing stuff in..LOL..we love Chili year round but really good on a cold snowy day like it is now here in Southern Ontario..

Sticky Chicken

4 tsp. salt

2 tsp. paprika

1 tsp. cayenne pepper

1 tsp. onion powder

1 tsp. thyme

1 tsp. white pepper

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1/2 tsp. black pepper

1 large roasting chicken

1 cup chopped onion

In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices. Remove giblets

from chicken, clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels.

Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making

sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin. Place in a

re-sealable plastic bag, seal and refrigerate overnight. When ready

to roast chicken, stuff cavity with onions, and place in a shallow

baking pan. Roast, uncovered, at 250 degrees for 5 hours (yes, 250

degrees for 5 hours). After the first hour, baste chicken

occasionally (every half an hour or so) with pan juices. The pan

juices will start to caramelize on the bottom of pan and the chicken

will turn golden brown. Let chicken rest about 10 minutes before

carving.

*my notes* I usually also throw in a couple cloves of garlic, a lemon and a stalk or two of celery into the chicken...

Kimmbo (Las Vegas,NV,USA)

Barry (Brampton,ON,CANADA)

Im an American married to a Canadian, I have no kids, yet Im a grandmother, I can pick things up off the floor with my toes

I-130

----------------

Feb/26/07 Sent I-130 (VSC)($190 US)

March/2/07 Rcv'd at VSC

March/5/07 NOA-1

July/23/07 NOA2(147 days)

I-129F

--------------

March/16/07 Sent I-129F (Chicago) ($170 US)

March/21/07 Received in Chicago

March/22/07 NOA-1

April/10/07 Transferred to VSC

April/23/07 Email from USCIS (case pending at VSC)

July/23/07 NOA2(129 days)

July/28/07 Rcv'd at NVC

July/31/07 NVC sent to Montreal

Aug/3/07 Montreal Rcv'd

Aug/8/07 Packet 3 Received

Aug/10/07 Packet 3 Sent

Aug/13/07 Packet 3 Received in Montreal

Oct/17/07 Medical Scheduled (Dr Seiden)

Jan/25/08 INTERVIEW MONTREAL...APPROVED!

Feb/6/08 Montreal sends Visa, finally!

Feb/8/08 Received Visa (14 days)

April/18/08 Moving Day/POE Sarnia

AOS/EAD

--------------

June/21/08 AOS/EAD package sent ($1010)

June/23/08 Received in Chicago

June/30/08 Check cashed

July/01/08 Received NOA's for I-765 & I-485 (dated June 27th)

July/02/08 Touch

July/07/08 Received Biometrics letter (dated July 1st)

July/18/08 Biometrics appt 8am

Aug/30/08 EAD card received (approval dated Aug 26th)

Sept/04/08 Applied for SSN

Sept/15/08 Social Security card received

Jan/23/09 letter received with interview date

March/10/09 INTERVIEW 9:30am...APPROVED!!

March/19/09 Welcome Letter received

March/23/09 GREENCARD RECEIVED, DONE WITH USCIS UNTIL 2019!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yay for glazed!

Anyhoo, I decided that tonight I will make paninis - Husband stopped for a mini-shop on the way home from work last night - so he got some sourdough unsliced bread - will use that and some havarti. Also saw the 'southern woman' on tv yesterday and she was making 'grilled onion mayonaisse' - so since i have peppers that need to be used i will be making some sort of pepper/mayo concoction.

Forgot to get meat at the store so I will thinly slice some steak and use the MTL smoked meat seasoning with that.

Tally ho! (just wanted to use that)

Timeline

ok I have already made the tartar sauce for the fish and I have the fish defrosting.... now I have to decide if I am going to make the potato wedges or this dish called two potato packets that we both love.... :unsure:

i have also started some chili for the chili sgetti I am planning on having for tomorrow... it always tastes best the next day..... :thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Yay for glazed!

Anyhoo, I decided that tonight I will make paninis - Husband stopped for a mini-shop on the way home from work last night - so he got some sourdough unsliced bread - will use that and some havarti. Also saw the 'southern woman' on tv yesterday and she was making 'grilled onion mayonaisse' - so since i have peppers that need to be used i will be making some sort of pepper/mayo concoction.

Forgot to get meat at the store so I will thinly slice some steak and use the MTL smoked meat seasoning with that.

Tally ho! (just wanted to use that)

Paula Deen loves her mayo!! (and butter)...I have a couple of her cookbooks,but havent made any of her recipes..I love watching her though she always looks like shes having fun...especially when her two sons are on.. When I got married 6 years ago I watched the Food Network 24/7... love Rachael Ray, Giada, Tyler Florrence, but the one that Ive actually cooked the most recipes from is the Barefoot Contessa.. love her too!

Of the Canadians on the Network I love Michael Smith's Chef at Home, and Sandi Richards Fixing Dinner..

might make Panini's this weekend...mmmm!

Edited by kimmbo

Kimmbo (Las Vegas,NV,USA)

Barry (Brampton,ON,CANADA)

Im an American married to a Canadian, I have no kids, yet Im a grandmother, I can pick things up off the floor with my toes

I-130

----------------

Feb/26/07 Sent I-130 (VSC)($190 US)

March/2/07 Rcv'd at VSC

March/5/07 NOA-1

July/23/07 NOA2(147 days)

I-129F

--------------

March/16/07 Sent I-129F (Chicago) ($170 US)

March/21/07 Received in Chicago

March/22/07 NOA-1

April/10/07 Transferred to VSC

April/23/07 Email from USCIS (case pending at VSC)

July/23/07 NOA2(129 days)

July/28/07 Rcv'd at NVC

July/31/07 NVC sent to Montreal

Aug/3/07 Montreal Rcv'd

Aug/8/07 Packet 3 Received

Aug/10/07 Packet 3 Sent

Aug/13/07 Packet 3 Received in Montreal

Oct/17/07 Medical Scheduled (Dr Seiden)

Jan/25/08 INTERVIEW MONTREAL...APPROVED!

Feb/6/08 Montreal sends Visa, finally!

Feb/8/08 Received Visa (14 days)

April/18/08 Moving Day/POE Sarnia

AOS/EAD

--------------

June/21/08 AOS/EAD package sent ($1010)

June/23/08 Received in Chicago

June/30/08 Check cashed

July/01/08 Received NOA's for I-765 & I-485 (dated June 27th)

July/02/08 Touch

July/07/08 Received Biometrics letter (dated July 1st)

July/18/08 Biometrics appt 8am

Aug/30/08 EAD card received (approval dated Aug 26th)

Sept/04/08 Applied for SSN

Sept/15/08 Social Security card received

Jan/23/09 letter received with interview date

March/10/09 INTERVIEW 9:30am...APPROVED!!

March/19/09 Welcome Letter received

March/23/09 GREENCARD RECEIVED, DONE WITH USCIS UNTIL 2019!

Filed: Timeline
Paula Deen loves her mayo!! (and butter)...I have a couple of her cookbooks,but havent made any of her recipes..I love watching her though she always looks like shes having fun...especially when her two sons are on.. When I got married 6 years ago I watched the Food Network 24/7... love Rachael Ray, Giada, Tyler Florrence, but the one that Ive actually cooked the most recipes from is the Barefoot Contessa.. love her too!

Of the Canadians on the Network I love Michael Smith's Chef at Home, and Sandi Richards Fixing Dinner..

OMG, you are the only person I know who loves Rachel Ray!!!!! I cannot STAND that woman. Seriously. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG, you are the only person I know who loves Rachel Ray!!!!! I cannot STAND that woman. Seriously. :lol:

I watch the food channel A LOT - I find it soothing and happy - unlike most daytime television. Rachel Ray pretty much makes me nutty, I can stand her in short spells, it's the perkiness and the voice.

However, that reminds me - I'm wondering if any of you see this too - for all her perkiness and smiles - Rachel Ray looks sad to me - anyone else notice that or is it just me?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.