February 2006 - File Petition, Approved

May 2006 - Medical, Interview, VISA on hand

September 2006 - Set foot prints in the chilly icy JFK, NYC

December 2006 - Civil Wedding

March 2007 - File AOS

June 29, 2007 - Temporary Green Card

I-751

May 30, 2009 - Priority Mail with Confirmation Receipt I-751 Packet

June 1, 2009 - Packed Received by USCIS around 4PM (per USPS Confirmation Delivery Receipt) - now, what's next?

June 2, 2009 - I-797C Receipt Date (Time 21:07....are they operating 24 hours???)

June 3, 2009 - Cashed Check/Bank Cleared

June 4, 2009 - USCIS Postage Date

June 5, 2009 - Local Post Office Receipt date (so, its been sitting on our mail box in house #2 for 5 days...)

June 11, 2009 - Got it! 1 year extension notice......

June 18, 2009 - Received Biometrics schedule

July 10, 2009 - Biometrics Day (cancelled/re-sched)

July 23, 2009 - Biometrics day

November 2, 2009 - Approved

November 5, 2009 - Received via Mail "Approval Notice"

Waiting for actual GC

----NO RFE!!!-----------

rmdlw2.png

I think I said we'd be having bbq beef on a bun last night, but instead I made a beef stir fry. Tonight chicken spinach cheese sausages and a salad, maybe some mashed potatoes.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

we had breakfast for supper last night.. i have no sweet clues for tonite.. perhaps haddock?

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We ordered a vegetarian pizza last night - it was ok.

I would really just like to make salad for dinner tonight - but - we have no salad stuff! Maybe Mike will stop on the way home and pick some up, in which case we will have taco salads I think.

Filed: Timeline

We had the fish and chips and mushy peas. Only I followed the recipe from Cook's Illustrated for Crunchy Oven-Fried Fish. It was really good so I'll make that again. No deep frying.

Tonight I feel like making NOTHING. But that won't go over too well so I guess I'll have to put in more effort. icon2.gif

iagree.gif

Timeline
We had the fish and chips and mushy peas. Only I followed the recipe from Cook's Illustrated for Crunchy Oven-Fried Fish. It was really good so I'll make that again. No deep frying.

Tonight I feel like making NOTHING. But that won't go over too well so I guess I'll have to put in more effort. icon2.gif

Yes, put in more effort there! (says the person who ordered pizza last night)

Crunchy oven fried fish sounds good - do you have a link or recipe ?

Yes, a recipe please! I find it very hard to find good fish coating that's "crunchy" without frying. :(

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline

Yeah, I'm thinking pizza. :lol:

Unfortunately, Cook's Illustrated (America's Test Kitchen) doesn't allow you access to their recipes unless you have a subscription. (Which I don't, but I'm thinking of getting one.) Anyway, here's the recipe:

CRUNCHY OVEN-FRIED FISH

(Bunch of stuff about making breadcrumbs omitted. I refuse to make breadcrumbs so I just used what I had on hand.... Panko breadcrumbs. But let me know if you want the recipe for that too. LOL)

1 1/4 lbs cod, haddock, or other thick white fish fillet (1 to 1.5" thick) cut into 4 pieces

2 TBSP minced fresh parsley leaves (I used dried chives because that's all I had)

1 small shallot, minced (about 2 TBSP) (I used red onion)

1/4 cup plus 5 TBSP unbleached all-purpose flour (I used dry fish & chip batter)

2 large eggs

2 TSP prepared horseradish (optional - I used it)

3 TBSP mayonnaise

1/2 TSP paprika (I didn't have any so didn't use)

1/4 TSP cayenne pepper (I used garlic pepper instead)

1/4 TSP black pepper (I didn't use)

1. Toss breadcrumbs with parsley and shallot.
  2. Place flour in 2nd pie plate or other container.
  3. Mix together egg, horseradish, mayonnaise, paprika, cayenne, and black pepper.
  4. Whisk in remaining 5 TBSP flour until smooth. (Whoops! I missed this step. LOL)
  5. Spray wire rack with nonstick cooking spray (I just used olive oil) and place in rimmed baking sheet. Dry fish thoroughly with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. (Whoops. Missed this step too. lol)
  6. Dredge fillets in flour; shake off excess.
  7. Coat with egg mixture.
  8. Coat all sides of fillet with breadcrumb mixture, pressing gently so that thick layer of crumbs adheres to fish.
  9. Transfer to wire rack.
  10. Bake at 425 for 18-25 minutes.
iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Tonight I'm going to an Italian restaurant called Randi's, for a rehearsal dinner (friend's wedding on Saturday). Should be good, since I love Italian food!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

We inspected a bulk freighter (large ship used for transporting various goods,) last night and the Captain on the ship insisted on feeding us all dinner which his chef cooked up in the galley. They were Burmese, so the food was different than anything I'd had before.. a spicy chicken soup with noodles and some mystery ingredients, fried chicken marinated in some kind of yummy sauce, and steamed rice.

Even though we weren't exactly sure what we were eating, it was really good! Kind of like Thai food, but not as spicy.

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

chicken wings that I am going to barbecue, pasta salad that I picked up at the store and raw carrots and dip...

I am going to cook the chicken wings for about 20 minutes in the oven and then take them out and pour some bbq sauce mixed with a little black pepper over them and let that marinate for about 20 to 30 minutes and then finish them off on the barbecue...

oh and in other news, i found ketchup at the Fresh and Easy market that doesn't have HFCS in it :dance: it is a fairly large bottle and it only cost about $1.80... I haven't tried it yet but we plan on having burgers this weekend so will try it then....

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.