5,101 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I LUV appies!!! What are you making?

We ended up going to the Thai restaurant last night for dinner. Declan had chicken satay and also spaghetti (our friends own the restaurant and that is what they made for dinner, so they gave him some). Hubby had massaman curry with beef and I had pad see ew.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Pancakes and bacon tonight - we haven't been feeling the best - I guess bacon isn't the best idea, but it's yummy at least!

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I LUV appies!!! What are you making?

Jalapeno poppers (jalapenos sliced in two, stuffed with cream cheese, and topped with bacon)

Spicy Chili-fried Edamame

Potato skins

Carrot & celery sticks with buttermilk ranch dip

Stuffed mushrooms with crab

That sounds soooo good!! I don't know where you live, but I'm coming over!

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline

I made the yummiest double baked stuffed potatoes tonight.... they were soooo good! Never made them before.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

We had one of those boil in the bag roast beef with gravy (they are good!), boiled new potatoes, broccoli and cappuchino creme cake for dessert. Joe had left over chicken pot pie for lunch today and will finish off the rest of it for lunch tomorrow.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I had mint chip ice cream and chocolate striped shortbread cookies. Literally! I had to hang out at my parent's home and they're away until Friday. So, since they didn't have any "real" food for dinner, I went straight to dessert! :P

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Yay for grilled cheese!

We actually ended up having quesidillas last night, and salad. Not sure what's for dinner tonight, i'm thinking shephard's pie or steak.

Yeah..I feel like I had them for about 3 nights in a row since I was talking about them so much! :lol:

I made the yummiest double baked stuffed potatoes tonight.... they were soooo good! Never made them before.

Yes, aren't they great?? I always make a few extra, then we have them the next day or even two days after warmed up. I mix the guts of the potato with sour cream, sometimes goat cheese, bacon, and scallions. Yummers.

We had one of those boil in the bag roast beef with gravy (they are good!), boiled new potatoes, broccoli and cappuchino creme cake for dessert. Joe had left over chicken pot pie for lunch today and will finish off the rest of it for lunch tomorrow.

I've seen those boil in the bag roast beefs...glad to hear they're good! Now, that cappuchino creme cake sounds divine. Did you make it yourself? If so, could you share the recipe?

I had mint chip ice cream and chocolate striped shortbread cookies. Literally! I had to hang out at my parent's home and they're away until Friday. So, since they didn't have any "real" food for dinner, I went straight to dessert! :P

:lol:

Ooops, forgot about my own dinner! We DID have grilled cheese last night. I bought some fresh sour dough bread from Panera for it. We had that potato leek soup I bought at Whole Foods. Not very good however. I like the idea of potatoes and leeks, but theirs just wasn't very good.

Tonight I'm making that Ginger Chicken in the crock-pot that Marilyn had posted a few days ago.

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline
That sounds soooo good!! I don't know where you live, but I'm coming over!

:lol: You're welcome anytime!

Drooling at Krikit's menu. I'll be right over! (After driving for about 2 days!).

I seriously want to come eat at your house next time I visit my mom in FL :)

Totally! You absolutely can pop in, Autumn! :dance:

:lol: Dessert for dinner FTW!

Well, our appy night was happy. Tonight.... I don't know yet. Just waiting to see what everybody else posts. lol

iagree.gif

I ended up taking the steak and slicing it and marinating it for a few hours (olive oil, worcheshire sauce and soy sauce) - then just served it with rice.

Mmmmm sounds delish. I saw that on hmmm, what cooking show was it?? Cooking for Real, that's it! She used a flank steak and it looked yummy.

I have the Ginger chicken in the crock pot as we speak...or should I say as I write... :lol: but I did want to mention trailmix that I used your recipe for the buns for our turkey burgers a few weeks ago! I forgot to tell you they were very good! Thank you! I've filed them under Trailmix Buns. :lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.