Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Yea I think it's a sauce too.. but try telling that to an Italian.

You know the way they are, they think they invented the noodle too. :P

Ya know though, I wonder how regional a thing it is too. As I said, I am part Italian. And a LOT of my friends growing up are Italian too. I did hear gravy quite a bit, but I also heard Italians calling it sauce. It seemed like the ones who called it gravy tended to be from the NJ/NY area. Just a thought.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm on a cleanse right now that also helps you drop some pounds, so my food for the next 10-14 days is nothing but liquid. Water, lemon juice, cayenne, and maple syrup mixed. It's nasty, not healthy at all, and I hate it, but it's my own fault for letting myself put on all this weight.

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline
I love grilled cheese with tomato soup. But I had a toasted tuna salad sammitch for breffrus so I don't want another sammitch. lol

Toasted tuna for breakfast - for me, in the morning, that would be quite a major culinary feat :hehe:

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm on a cleanse right now that also helps you drop some pounds, so my food for the next 10-14 days is nothing but liquid. Water, lemon juice, cayenne, and maple syrup mixed. It's nasty, not healthy at all, and I hate it, but it's my own fault for letting myself put on all this weight.

Oh my, 14 days of liquids! I could never, ever do that. I think I would die of b1tchiness! I need food in my belly to be happy :lol:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Timeline

:o

icon8.gif

Isn't that a bit dangerous? :unsure:

Toasted tuna for breakfast - for me, in the morning, that would be quite a major culinary feat :hehe:

Well, to be fair, I had already made the tuna salad and it was sitting there in the fridge. I totally wouldn't have had a tuna salad sammidge if there was any chopping and mixing involved. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Water fills you up.

Lemon juice helps you digest.

Cayenne pepper helps with cleaning out your system.

Maple syrup probably just keeps your sugars up.

It's not healthy and you shouldn't punish yourself for putting on weight by putting your body through such craziness. Exercise and a change in diet is all you need.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Going to do a variation on chicken pot pie with the left over roast chicken. Lots of veggies (carrots, peas, corn, okra, zucchini, green beans, onions, peppers) in a chicken gravy type sauce then cover the whole with the Pillsbury Doughboy type of biscuits and let those bake instead of using pastry. Then have tomatoes and cucumber salad to go with it. I have a doctor's appointment at 6:30 so I need to have something ready for Joe when he gets home that is waiting for him.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
Water fills you up.

Lemon juice helps you digest.

Cayenne pepper helps with cleaning out your system.

Maple syrup probably just keeps your sugars up.

It's not healthy and you shouldn't punish yourself for putting on weight by putting your body through such craziness. Exercise and a change in diet is all you need.

Trust me, I know it's not healthy :( It's not so much about punishing myself, more or less it's just one of these things that I'll do for a few days for the cleansing benefit, as well to shrink my appetite. The way I am now, I eat like a horse and can't ever seem to get full. Last time I did this cleanse it shrunk my appetite so I wasn't always overeating, so I'm hoping it will work the same this time. After a few days, I'm going to just eat right, and exercise like crazy which I should be doing in my job anyways.

On the what's for dinner subject, for hubby tonight I'm making him grilled cheese sandwiches and probably chicken noodle soup. He says his mom used to make the best grilled cheese, so I have a competition to win tonight :devil:

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

hot dogs and Doritos... me too tired to cook anything :P

or maybe some tomato soup and hotdogs... or would that be weird..?? ..lol I bought this organic tomato soup from the Fresh and Easy Market today..

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

I don't know what I was thinking yesterday...I had leftover spinach lasagna in the refrigerator to use up before I could think about making something new. :lol: SO, now I'm back to square one. We're going to have the potato leek soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.