Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

store bought roast chicken, blue cheese potato salad, corn on the cob and sliced cucumbers and tomatoes. A nice and quick meal to prepare on laundry day - and good thing too since Joe got home an hour early. I was able to get everything on the table quickly.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

Made pasta with tomato sauce... or 'gravy' as it's apparently called... haha I'm not italian how the hell should I know. :P

Anyways yea that was our din-din.

Donne moi une poptart!

Nev, I am Italian (well, part) and I always though calling sauce "gravy" was weird. I heard it a lot growing up and just wanted to scream.

Hubby and I had salad and then a pasta creation of mine with sauteed scallops, roasted peppers, capers, sun dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts in white wine. Not bad at all.

Declan had plain pasta with butter and parmesan cheese, peas and turkey. Hubby and I decided to hold off on giving him shellfish until he is older, as I think I am allergic to oysters and hubby had reactions to scallops as a kid (not anymore). Normally, Declan eats what we eat, so it was weird making a different meal for him tonight.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

Yea someone at my work corrected me one day when I called it sauce, so I didn't say anything back I just thought it was weird. So I came home to ask my husband about it because he's Italian and he was like: "Yea its called gravy" Ohhh okay then... glad I didn't attempt to correct her. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so the tamale pie turned out pretty good but I decided to make a packet of Mexican rice to go with it... The Mexican rice was good but the flavour didn't quite go with the tamale pie .. I should have made the taco rice :wacko:

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Yea someone at my work corrected me one day when I called it sauce, so I didn't say anything back I just thought it was weird. So I came home to ask my husband about it because he's Italian and he was like: "Yea its called gravy" Ohhh okay then... glad I didn't attempt to correct her. :P

So not Spaghetti sauce - spaghetti gravy? Ok that's weird :lol:

Timeline

I KNOW! I thought the same.

My husband explained it like, you're just putting a little bit on top of the dish so that's what makes it a gravy.

Okay fine, I'll put tons on mine and call it sauce. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

My husband explained it like, you're just putting a little bit on top of the dish so that's what makes it a gravy.

Oh I hate when I get pasta and there's just a spoonful of sauce. I like a lot of sauce on my pasta, enough to cover every noodle!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
so the tamale pie turned out pretty good but I decided to make a packet of Mexican rice to go with it... The Mexican rice was good but the flavour didn't quite go with the tamale pie .. I should have made the taco rice :wacko:

my tamale pie came out a little salty - used regular tomoato soup instead of low sodium - combined with the salsa just made it a little salty - I threw in acan of no salt corn niblets - so festive! :goofy:

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

Yeah, I still think it's sauce!

Sauce

1: a condiment or relish for food ; especially : a fluid dressing or topping

2: something that adds zest or piquancy

3: stewed fruit eaten with other food or as a dessert

4: pert or impudent language or actions

Gravy

1: a sauce made from the thickened and seasoned juices of cooked meat

Edited by trailmix

Timeline
Yea I think it's a sauce too.. but try telling that to an Italian.

You know the way they are, they think they invented the noodle too. :P

You have to wonder if this isn't just something Italian's adopted when they came to the 'new country'. One of those intricacies of English - things.

Timeline

I am unsure. I just talked to the executive chef at my work. :lol:

He said he thinks it's an Italian/American thing. So I think you're right tmix.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I am unsure. I just talked to the executive chef at my work. :lol:

He said he thinks it's an Italian/American thing. So I think you're right tmix.

I've heard it too, from a couple friends on long island that I know. It just doesn't sound right. But then again, you can make vegetable gravy. It doesn't taste good, but you can still make it :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.