• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

But I wanted broccoli. :P

We're having pasta with sweet italian sausages and sweet peppers this evening. I learned that its Ethan's favourite meal. For some reason he hates sauce... funny his dad was the same way.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Ok that's weird. I was using some Soy Sauce and I noticed the bottle said 'refrigerate after opening' - I have never seen that before.

I usually refrigerate soy sauce, but thought the same thing after opening a box of biscuick.... I never put that in the fridge before!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Roast pork with gravy, baked potatoes and California mixed vegetables. I started dinner a little bit earlier than usual then caught myself and thought, rats it will be ready too early! and 5 minutes later Joe walks in the door - home early, so everything worked out just fine! Must have picked up on his early departure from work psychically!

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I always keep soy sauce in the fridge...

Well I think this is unusual! So I looked it up and it isn't really the norm. I was thinking the same thing this woman (below) was thinking. Living in asia - restaurants have their soy sauce on the table - whether an inside or open restaurant - so it never occurred to me!

So from what I can see online - there is no need to refrigerate it - but it doesn't hurt to keep it in the fridge either.

2007_02_01-Soy.jpg

Soy Sauce: To Refrigerate or Not Refrigerate

On my huge bottle of Kikkoman soy sauce it says very clearly: "Refrigerate after opening." And yet I don't. My Asian friend, an amateur chef, never does. I go to Chinese restaurants and there is soy sauce sitting out on every table.

So what's the deal? Are you supposed to refrigerate or not? I did a little research and discovered that soy sauce is fine at room temperature. It's just that it will keep its flavor and freshness longer when refrigerated.

Filed: Timeline

I made ham and asparagus quiche last night to get rid of the shredded cheese. We had it for breffrus this morning and will probably have it again tomorrow morning. Tonight will be leftovers with salad. My husband doesn't cook so I want to make sure the fridge doesn't have any science experiments waiting for me upon my return.

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I always keep soy sauce in the fridge...

Well I think this is unusual! So I looked it up and it isn't really the norm. I was thinking the same thing this woman (below) was thinking. Living in asia - restaurants have their soy sauce on the table - whether an inside or open restaurant - so it never occurred to me!

So from what I can see online - there is no need to refrigerate it - but it doesn't hurt to keep it in the fridge either.

2007_02_01-Soy.jpg

Soy Sauce: To Refrigerate or Not Refrigerate

On my huge bottle of Kikkoman soy sauce it says very clearly: "Refrigerate after opening." And yet I don't. My Asian friend, an amateur chef, never does. I go to Chinese restaurants and there is soy sauce sitting out on every table.

So what's the deal? Are you supposed to refrigerate or not? I did a little research and discovered that soy sauce is fine at room temperature. It's just that it will keep its flavor and freshness longer when refrigerated.

ok so I am not completely crazy :lol:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.