Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mel is teaching tonight so it is just me and my stepson. I think I might take him out to eat somewhere. Maybe Applebees or Chili's. Somewhere close.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We will be having leftovers from last night ... pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans, potato salad and sweet and sour red cabbage. Everything was yummy except I didn't have enough bbq sauce!!! I had cooked the pork in the slow cooker in bbq sauce and then, when it was done, shredded it and added a little more sauce ... thought I had another bottle of sauce in the cupboard, but sadly, not the case :(

Everyone's meals sound yummy ..... I want to come over!!!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I think I am going to make this ground beef thing that you bake with cornbread on top.... I just need eggs for the cornbread mix I have... hubby likes this one too...

Tamale Pie

1 pound ground beef

1 can (11 1/4 ounce) Campbells condensed Fiesta Chili Beef Soup **

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup chunky salsa

1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn

1 pkg (8 1/2 ounces) corn muffin mix

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cook beef until browned and pour off fat.

Add soup, water, salsa and corn and mix together. Spoon beef mixture into a 2 quart shallow baking dish.

Prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions. Pour over beef mixture. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden.

** I never can find the Fiesta Chili beef soup so I just use vegetable beef soup and add some spices like chili powder...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline
** I never can find the Fiesta Chili beef soup so I just use vegetable beef soup and add some spices like chili powder...

Hmmm. That sounds interesting. I may give that a try sometime. I betcha I can find the fiesta chili beef soup here! There is a HUGE Mexican population in Florida, so there's never a hard time finding ANYTHING Mexican. I get spoken to a lot in Spanish too. I guess I look kind of multi-national that way. :)

iagree.gif

Timeline

Hmmm. That sounds interesting. I may give that a try sometime. I betcha I can find the fiesta chili beef soup here! There is a HUGE Mexican population in Florida, so there's never a hard time finding ANYTHING Mexican. I get spoken to a lot in Spanish too. I guess I look kind of multi-national that way. :)

lol.. I am in the LA, California area and I can't find it....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I now know what i'mm making for din din tomorrow :D Thanks girl

I think I am going to make this ground beef thing that you bake with cornbread on top.... I just need eggs for the cornbread mix I have... hubby likes this one too...

Tamale Pie

1 pound ground beef

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup chunky salsa

Add soup, water, salsa and corn and mix together. Spoon beef mixture into a 2 quart shallow baking dish.

Prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions. Pour over beef mixture. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline
I now know what i'mm making for din din tomorrow :D Thanks girl

Tamale Pie

1 pound ground beef

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup chunky salsa

your welcome... :thumbs: i usually serve it with some type of rice....

just make sure and not to use a sweet cornbread mix... I did once and it was not very good.... I like to use the Jiffy cornbread mix.... there is another one I like to but I can't think of the name right now....

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

ok, I have the beef part all ready.. now I just need some eggs so I can make the corn bread... i think the other mix I like doesn't require eggs.. need to get that one next time....

and I think I am going to serve it with a taco rice mix I have.... I would serve it with white rice but we had taht yesterday already....

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Mmmmmm....I went to work my afterschool job this afternoon and I come home to the house smelling like steak! Baked taters in the oven, Kraft Dinner (not the Cdn kind though :( ) and the remnants of Joel's valentines/just because surprise...Red Velvet Cake.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

I am still trying to think up dinner... I am thinking of doing something in the crock pot because hubby wants to go the the gym right after work and I wanted to have something ready when we got back... or we will be tempted to eat out :P....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I have not a clue what we're having. I don't feel like cooking, and I don't feel like going to the store. :(

We are having steak, potatoes and - something.

Husband went to Schwartz's Deli when he was in Montreal, for a smoked meat sandwich - that was very good btw, he bought a bottle of their beef spice - so that will go on the rib eye!

photo2.jpg

Timeline

ok we are going to have hot dogs tonight...

I was going to make chili sgetti for tomorrow because it always taste better the next day but I wanted to make that cabbage beef thing on Friday, (i need to before the cabbage goes bad) so I didn't want to have beef two nights in a row...

I will make chili sgetti sometime next week then...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline
I have not a clue what we're having. I don't feel like cooking, and I don't feel like going to the store. :(

We are having steak, potatoes and - something.

Husband went to Schwartz's Deli when he was in Montreal, for a smoked meat sandwich - that was very good btw, he bought a bottle of their beef spice - so that will go on the rib eye!

photo2.jpg

#######. I was thinking about a smoked meat sandwich earlier. Can't get them, or even make them here. *grumble grumble*

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.