Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the lasagna recipe, Mephys!

I made dessert for dinner last night. We had gone out for a late lunch (at Liam Fizpatrick's, Carla and Trailmix!) and neither of us felt like eating dinner when we got home. So I just made a sponge, custard, and strawberry "pudding".

Trailmix, is the Publix with the Weetabix Flakes the one at that same complex? (The Colonial Town Park in Lake Mary.)

Tonight I think we shall have bbq'd chicken and asparagus. Oh! And I had a huge craving for butter tarts with raisins yesterday but I was all out of eggs so I may just whip up a batch this evening. I already checked that I had some golden corn syrup from Canada in my cupboard so I'm good to go. Except I'll have to make my own pastry since they don't sell small pre-made pastry shells here. Pastry-making sux. lol

iagree.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hmmm, not sure about dinner yet.

I have had such a craving for Eggs Benedict lately though. Debating if I feel like taking myself out for breakky. I really miss Barb and Ernies in Edmonton though- they had the best Eggs Benny and potato pancakes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Had a turkey last night for Easter dinner , stuffed with the usual trimmings and pineapple upside down cake for dessert - best part of the meal.

We now have tons of leftovers and also plenty of cooked turkey!

Tonight I am taking 2 packages of Lipton Alfredo Noodles n Sauce, cooking them up, cubing some turkey to add and stirring in steamed broccoli and maybe a few steamed carrots.

Place it in a casserole, topped with breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese and bake at 350 for about 1/2 hour - quick and easy casserole!

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I will get you the exact location of the weetbix krikit!

Here it is! That's a long way to go for cereal!

4195 W Lake Mary Blvd, Lake Mary

24.8 mi – about 47 mins

Mount Dora, FL

1. Head east on E 11th Ave toward N Grandview St 0.4 mi

2. Turn right at N Highland St 0.6 mi

3. Turn left at E 1st Ave/Sanford Rd

Continue to follow E 1st Ave 0.7 mi

4. Continue on FL-46/State Rd 46 17.8 mi

5. Take the ramp onto I-4 W 3.7 mi

6. Take exit 98 toward Lake Mary 0.5 mi

7. Turn left at W Lake Mary Blvd

Destination will be on the right

post-32862-1239647175_thumb.jpg

Edited by trailmix

I have had such a craving for Eggs Benedict lately though. Debating if I feel like taking myself out for breakky. I really miss Barb and Ernies in Edmonton though- they had the best Eggs Benny and potato pancakes.

I make my own! It's pretty easy, really. Let me know and I'll give you the shortcut version. :)

Yaaay! Thanks Trailmix. :) We went by there yesterday on our way back from Maitland/Eatonville. Except all the Publix' were closed yesterday. icon2.gif

iagree.gif

Timeline

I make my own! It's pretty easy, really. Let me know and I'll give you the shortcut version. :)

Yaaay! Thanks Trailmix. :) We went by there yesterday on our way back from Maitland/Eatonville. Except all the Publix' were closed yesterday. icon2.gif

What were you doing in Maitland/Eatonville!?

We went to the Easter service at a Missionary Baptist church there. The choir and all their soloists were absolutely flipping amazing. I can't believe they don't have a record contract. :o The rest of the service was.... uhhh.... interesting. lol

iagree.gif

Timeline

We went to the Easter service at a Missionary Baptist church there. The choir and all their soloists were absolutely flipping amazing. I can't believe they don't have a record contract. :o The rest of the service was.... uhhh.... interesting. lol

:lol:

Well if the choir was good then at least it was worth the trip :thumbs:

:lol:

Well if the choir was good then at least it was worth the trip :thumbs:

DEFINITELY worth the price of admission. :lol: I'd go back just to hear them again. They did about an hour's worth of the service so it was well worth going. (It went for almost 2.5 hours. :o )

iagree.gif

Timeline
DEFINITELY worth the price of admission. :lol: I'd go back just to hear them again. They did about an hour's worth of the service so it was well worth going. (It went for almost 2.5 hours. :o )

wow!

Well dinner tonight is something from Boston Market - I didn't plan anything for dinner and I was so involved with the T stuff I didn't even realize the time.

Timeline

We had cheese tortellini in a tomato, peppers and sausage sauce - yum! Yesterday Joe made a pot of pinto beans with jalapenos and onions and then made corn bread and onion pancakes to go with it. Quite tasty actually. He had leftovers for lunch today and will have the rest of the beans and cornbread for lunch tomorrow too:-). He'd eat that everyday if he could.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Tonight tried Trader Joe's perogies, but I still prefer Wegmans over any perogies! Had a nice salad too with chickpeas.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

I had a Cadbury creme egg, glass of oj and a 100 calorie pack of cheezits. I was mad at hubby earlier and in no mood to fix anything for dinner, so I lasted until a few minutes ago and hit the kitchen up for something easy.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.