Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Mmmmmmmmmmmm Had Nathan's Hot Dogs last night. All that talk of hot dogs last week on here really planted that seed in my mind when we went to the market over the weekend.

LoL, Mel was cooking them (as she doesn't trust me to cook anything that isn't a steak, cereal, or Mexican food). I was skeptical, seeing as she makes em different than I always have. We always boiled em, then either put em on the BBQ for a little bit, or just ate em after boiling. She cut em down the middle and split em, fried them, and then when she turned em over, put cheese on it, then mustard, then more cheese. :wub:

I'm lactose intollerant, so I was paying for it later in the evening, but soooooooooooooooo worth it.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Speaking of Mexican, RobandMel have you ever eaten at Don Antonio's? I've heard it's really good there. It's often featured on one of your favourite TV shows, THE HILLS. Heidi and Spencer eat there often.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
Speaking of Mexican, RobandMel have you ever eaten at Don Antonio's? I've heard it's really good there. It's often featured on one of your favourite TV shows, THE HILLS. Heidi and Spencer eat there often.

ROFLMAO, that is like 1 mile from where I work, and across the street from my uncles plating shop. It's OK there, not really authentic Mexican. Their chimichungas are really good though. The funny thing is there is another Mexican food restaurant right next door called The Talpa. It's not as nice inside, but the food is better.

Edited by Rob and Mel

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This is for dinner with pork chops and maybe corn on the cob. It's been a long time since I made potatoes au gratin - so long I can't even remember how long!

37984.jpg

Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes

4 russet potatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch slices

1 onion, sliced into rings

salt and pepper to taste

3 tablespoons butter

3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 cups milk

1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 1 quart casserole dish.

Layer 1/2 of the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Top with the onion slices, and add the remaining potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Mix in the flour and salt, and stir constantly with a whisk for one minute. Stir in milk. Cook until mixture has thickened. Stir in cheese all at once, and continue stirring until melted, about 30 to 60 seconds. Pour cheese over the potatoes, and cover the dish with aluminum foil.

Bake 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

^ that looks good... Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes

not sure what to make for dinner.. I was thinking tacos but then I have to go get some stuff and I relaly odn't feel like going out :P

so need to think of something else I can do with ground turkey.. I also have a bunch of zuchinni.... hmmm

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We are having sausage, pepper and onion (all sauteed) inside a wrap with a little marinara sauce and some cheese - saw something similar yesterday morning on the Today Show - looked quick and easy. I'm using breakfast sausage and canned spaghetti sauce!

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

I made my first lasagna last week ( I know :blush: ) but it turned out really good since I've watched my mom doing it for years. So I am repeating it tonight because it was so good and I haven't had lasagne in a long time other than last week :P

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Moose cooked with onions (cleaning out the freezer) with some potatos and carrots on the side... smells good already!!

Usually we have it with steamed rice, but we are out and I dont want to buy another bag...

Our Journey

6 June 2008- Mailed I130 to Toronto (DCF)

7 Nov 2008- I130 approved in Toronto!!

21 Nov 2008- Received Packet 3 from Montreal

4 Jan 2009- Mailed Packet back

9 Feb 2009- Medical in Toronto

24 Apr 2009- Interview in Montreal...Approved!!!

30 Apr 2009- Received Visa... few hours later crossed to border for the 6 day drive to Utah!!

6 Apr 2009- Arrived at our new HOME!!

13 May 2009- Welcome letter received

19 May 2009- Went to social security office and "applied" for SSN

22 May 2009- SS Card arrived in mail!! (I guess they did send in the paperwork at the interview...)

???????<<<<waiting for GC>>>>>>

Timeline

so I ended up making a really yummy rice dish...

Fiesta Fry Pan Dinner

1 pound ground turkey or beef

1/2 cup chopped onion

1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning

1 1/2 cups water

1 1/2 cups sliced zucchini

1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained *

1 cup frozen corn

1 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice

1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions:

1. In a skillet, cook turkey and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in taco seasoning, water, zucchini, tomatoes and corn; bring to a boil. Add rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until the cheese is melted.

* I used a jar of salsa instead of tomatoes to add more of a kick..

i didn't have taco seasoning so I just added some cumin, chili powder, onion powder, paprika, red pepper, and garlic powder and I also used a cup of regular rice instead of instant.. you might need to add more water if you use regular rice

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.