Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
:lol: I can sympathize Krikit.. when we went to hubby's parents in MO we had biscuits and gravy every morning for breakfast.. My MIL makes a mean buttermilk biscuit.. but it was a little :help: after the 2nd morning!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
:lol: I can sympathize Krikit.. when we went to hubby's parents in MO we had biscuits and gravy every morning for breakfast.. My MIL makes a mean buttermilk biscuit.. but it was a little :help: after the 2nd morning!

:lol:

Yeah. Like that. Grits anyone?

So what do you do, cook food they like all the time, go out to eat or just cook what you normally would??

Filed: Timeline
So what do you do, cook food they like all the time, go out to eat or just cook what you normally would??

I think I'm going to do a mixture of all of the above but modify the way I cook a bit. The last time they were here I made a British breffrus and they looked at it kind of like.... :unsure: .... and didn't eat most of it. I always have to bring my own food to their house because they don't modify their mealplans to my tastes.... which is fine.... I don't expect them to cater to me or anything. I just learned to bring my own items. Plus my husband will sneak me out of the house so I can grab a little something "off-campus" as it were. :lol:

iagree.gif

I think I'm going to do a mixture of all of the above but modify the way I cook a bit. The last time they were here I made a British breffrus and they looked at it kind of like.... :unsure: .... and didn't eat most of it. I always have to bring my own food to their house because they don't modify their mealplans to my tastes.... which is fine.... I don't expect them to cater to me or anything. I just learned to bring my own items. Plus my husband will sneak me out of the house so I can grab a little something "off-campus" as it were. :lol:

Actually it would be polite if they're hosting you, to make a special meal, or have something in the house that are things you like. My in-laws, do that all the time. Little touches that always make my visit with them so special is that they make sure when we're visiting that they have some of my favourite foods. I see that you do it as well, as you indicated, so why your in-laws wouldn't do it for you when you're visiting is just bad manners I think.

carlahmsb4.gif

Actually it would be polite if they're hosting you, to make a special meal, or have something in the house that are things you like. My in-laws, do that all the time. Little touches that always make my visit with them so special is that they make sure when we're visiting that they have some of my favourite foods. I see that you do it as well, as you indicated, so why your in-laws wouldn't do it for you when you're visiting is just bad manners I think.

Yeah. I think she just doesn't really understand or even realize it because I'll take a little bit of everything, take a bite, then kind of push it around on my plate so it looks like I've eaten. I don't want to hurt her feelings.

iagree.gif

Timeline

My mum goes out of her way to make sure she hs extra bananas in the house when we visit. Don is some kind of monkey and eats 3 every morning for breakfast :)

Otherwise I don't think my parents have to do much adjusting, their usual German / Cdn cooking suits him just fine. If anything they try to feed us far too much.

Now my MIL is a different story - we only go up for the day so no extended stays...but the woman cooks with more butter then I though humanly possibly. We both come home feeling 'blah' and about 10 lbs heavier by the evening. Truthfully, I wish she'd cook in a more healthy manner.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

My mum goes out of her way to make sure she hs extra bananas in the house when we visit. Don is some kind of monkey and eats 3 every morning for breakfast :)

Otherwise I don't think my parents have to do much adjusting, their usual German / Cdn cooking suits him just fine. If anything they try to feed us far too much.

Now my MIL is a different story - we only go up for the day so no extended stays...but the woman cooks with more butter then I though humanly possibly. We both come home feeling 'blah' and about 10 lbs heavier by the evening. Truthfully, I wish she'd cook in a more healthy manner.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And, holy smokes! 3 bananas?!!!!! That's a lot of bananas. I can barely get through one. :lol:

iagree.gif

Then you haven't watched, or met Paula Dean! :lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

I have decided to make hotdogs - I have probably had more hotdogs since moving here than I have had in the last 5 years. Oh and I am making the dough for the buns...only it calls for 2 eggs and I discovered I only have 1 - oh well, will see how that goes

krikit you should make hotdogs for dinner :hehe:

I have decided to make hotdogs - I have probably had more hotdogs since moving here than I have had in the last 5 years. Oh and I am making the dough for the buns...only it calls for 2 eggs and I discovered I only have 1 - oh well, will see how that goes

:lol: OMG, I just had hotdogs for lunch!!!!!

And about the egg thing. What's-his-name who does the science of cooking classes says that using one egg as a binder for anything is overkill because just one will do the trick. So I now cut down the number of eggs in all my recipes (except scrambled :hehe: ) and they've turned out exactly the same as if I'd used two or three.

Oh, and yeah..... I have never had so many hotdogs in my life as I've had here either! Weird.

iagree.gif

Timeline

:lol: OMG, I just had hotdogs for lunch!!!!!

And about the egg thing. What's-his-name who does the science of cooking classes says that using one egg as a binder for anything is overkill because just one will do the trick. So I now cut down the number of eggs in all my recipes (except scrambled :hehe: ) and they've turned out exactly the same as if I'd used two or three.

Oh, and yeah..... I have never had so many hotdogs in my life as I've had here either! Weird.

Cool about the eggs!

I think this calls for a hotdog poll!

Mom came to visit yesterday and she took me out for dinner ... yay! Except dinner really sucked ... boo :( I had French onion soup which was adequate and then a buffalo chicken salad, but the buffalo wing sauce had a weird flavor. All in all, not satisfying.

Tonight I think we are having roast chicken, some sort of veggie and potatoes.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

My husband is working late tonight, we were going to have souvlaki and rice... but I don't see the point of making a meal when he's not going to be here.

My son just informed me that its his teddy bears birthday... so the three of us (bear included) are going out to Unos. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.