Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
does anybody have any leftovers they can send my way??..lol I am having one of those days.. I am tired and don't know what to cook plus I have no real desire to cook anything...

I really wish my mom lived closer so I could drop by her place for dinner :P

I have some left over rice in the fridge but I really don't think you want it - I think it needs to go in the garbage considering how long it has been sitting there!

Why not make breakfast for dinner? - scrambled eggs and toast, maybe some bacon if you have any. It is quick and easy and doesn't take a lot of cooking. It's what I do when I don't feel like cooking - that or opening a can of pork and beans!

(Hope your evening improves and you have a better day tomorrow)

I would but I had scrambled eggs for lunch at work because they didn't really have anything else..

my day was good.. I am just tired... it is hard work chasing around two little rug-rats for 7 hours...:P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

so I remembered I still had some chicken and pasta salad leftover from yesterday so I made myself a chicken sandwich and finished off the pasta salad...

not sure what the hubster will eat for dinner when he gets home though..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

We had a late supper last night because the plumber was here. Homemade pizza. I don't know what I'm going to make tonight though. Have to root through the freezer me thinks!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline

Thank you for the quiche recipe, Kathryn! I think I'd like to try that while my inlaws are here but I'm not sure if they'll eat quiche or not. They're pretty weird.

My tomato soup recipe turned out great. Will make a few mods the next time, though...... even though my husband said it was the best tomato soup he'd ever tasted. :blush: So we had that with grilled cheese. I had straight grilled cheese and he had grilled cheese with bacon.

Tonight I don't have to cook dinner! :dance: I'm going out so my husband is going to fend for himself. I secretly believe he is excited about this and will use the opportunity to head down to the local Mexican restaurant for a taco salad. lol

iagree.gif

Timeline

tonight I am making meatloaf... also have enough ground beef and ground turkey to make meatballs... so will be making some of those too to freeze for another meal..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My last box of KD!! I'll stock up on more this weekend :dance:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

So I routed through the freezer and took out chicken breasts which I have marinating in jerk sauce. I made some party potatoes as well. Will have green beans with that. I also bought and made some of those NoPudge brownies for dessert.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

I made the meatballs which will be used for a meal next week, maybe sweet and sour meatballs ...mmm

and I have my meatloaf cooking away in the oven and smelling yummy... and I have potaotes cut up and in the pot waiting to be boiled for mashed potaotes.. and now I am just trying to decide what veg I want to go with it.. I am leaning towards steamed zucchini...

poor hubby won't get the joy of having this meal first hand, he will have his heated up later when he gets home form work.. poor guy

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Wedding soup with turkey meat balls instead of the usual stuff and a dutch apple pie for dessert.

The dutch apple pie looks like apple crumble in a pie shell...

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Ooh, I love Italian wedding soup and turkey meat balls sound really good!

I am lazy today. I don't want to cook so I went to the store and bought baked chicken, potato salad, coleslaw, strawberries, shortbread shells and whipped cream. It is really bad when I don't feel like doing my own potato salad! hehehehe. Lots of left overs for this week, and I will still make the ham, onion and cheese quiche for tomorrow. Joe is 'home' early but he has a phone meeting at 6 so dinner will be closer to 7. Works for me.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

mm, my meatloaf is not working right today.. I am sure it will still be tasty but it seems like a lot of fat is around the meatloaf and I used half turkey and ground beef that is less fatty then I usually buy :unsure: I tried to pour some of the fat off but then the topping wants to come with it :unsure:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

bbq chicken breasts, asparagus & roasted spuds here!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

M&M meatshops chicken nuggets, rice and carrots

Sarinha

First met March 2007, playing an MMORPG (ffxi)

Getting married Feb 12 2010

Will start our VJ Feb 2010

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

I-130 Journey - VSC CR1 & CR2

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

- Total Days from NOA 1 to NOA2 xxx

I-129F Journey - VSC K3 & K4

xx-xx-xx I-130 Received @ NVC

xx-xx-xx Case Completed at NVC :

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days from NOA1 to NVC Complete xx

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Received at Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

xx-xx-xx Interview Date [ ] Pass [ ] Fail

- Total Days from Recd at Consulate to Interview xxx

- Total Days from NOA1 to Interview xxx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.