Timeline

nothing because I think I have the onset of the flu coming on :(

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
Steak. I wanted a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. :crying:

What. No fried bananas? Okay, seriously, Mumsie. Who do you live with? I would kill for someone to make me steak when all I was thinking of was a sandwich.

I really outdid myself today. Basmati rice with cumin & garam masala (Bren's favourite e-v-e-r); black-eyed peas with bacon and a sh1tload of chili, corn on the cob; and currently have gravy-cheesy-potatoes in the oven. Once that's done, in go the whole wheat blueberry muffins.

#######.... this is soooooo domestic.... :unsure:

p.s. www.recipezaar.com is your best friend. Always was, alwasy will be ;)

WOW. Can I come to your house for dinner?

We went out to dinner to celebrate our anniversary (it was on V Day and we had stayed in then). Hubby and I shared coconut shrimp and fried calamari for appetizers, he had salmon with a spinach stuffing and I had veal and shrimp. For dessert, he had creme brulee and I had chocolate bread pudding. Was VERY yummy :) It was definitely worth it, even though the roads were horribly icy and we slid into a snowbank on the way home (car is fine, we're fine, just a little freaked out, especially since, when we started spinning, I was praying we wouldn't hit anything with enough impact to set off the airbag. Thankfully, we didn't. We drove about 10 miles an hour after that, saw where at least 4 others had slid off the road). BUT ..... the food was STILL worth it :)

Oh, I am SO glad you guys are safe. That sounds like an AMAZING dinner. Creme brulee is my favourite. In fact, I almost made it this evening. But I wanted to get rid of my bananas so we had a kind of chocolate banana pudding with custard and raspberries. Happy anniversary, Autumn!!!!!

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I really outdid myself today. Basmati rice with cumin & garam masala (Bren's favourite e-v-e-r); black-eyed peas with bacon and a sh1tload of chili, corn on the cob; and currently have gravy-cheesy-potatoes in the oven. Once that's done, in go the whole wheat blueberry muffins.

that is my favourite site.... :thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Thanks Crikey :) Your pudding sounds delicious, do you have a recipe or was this a spur of the minute creation?

BTW, thanks for reaffirming that my husband did eat a really gross sandwich! He continues to claim it was delicious (blech!).

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Timeline
Thanks Crikey :) Your pudding sounds delicious, do you have a recipe or was this a spur of the minute creation?

BTW, thanks for reaffirming that my husband did eat a really gross sandwich! He continues to claim it was delicious (blech!).

Yes, it was truly a gross sandwich. But I'm not surprised that he thinks it was delicious. Which, in fact, turns out to be good news for you. You can feed him ####### from now on and he should sing your praises. If he does not, let him go back to self-made ####### sandwiches. That should straighten him up.

The pudding was actually surprisingly delicious. There was no recipe but this is what I did. I wanted to get rid of ingredients I already had in the cupboard so I took some banana arrowroot cookies (brought from Canada) spread some chocolate pudding on top, sliced bananas, then some banana pudding on top of that, then some more banana arrowroot cookies, then some banana pudding, then some raspberries, then some chocolate pudding, then some sliced bananas, then some custard poured over top. I would have used whipped cream but I didn't have any. But I think the custard worked just as well.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Lady Heather morphing into Suzy Homemaker, say it ain't so. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

What. No fried bananas? Okay, seriously, Mumsie. Who do you live with? I would kill for someone to make me steak when all I was thinking of was a sandwich.

Nobody beats Mumsie in the kitchen. :lol: Seriously I do know how to cook a bit, don't all men?

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Nobody beats Mumsie in the kitchen. :lol: Seriously I do know how to cook a bit, don't all men?

My Husband can and does cook. He actually likes some weird things, well things - yesterday for lunch I made him the ever popular canned spaghetti grilled sandwiches.

He can cook anything really.

IR5 wanted a PBJ sandwich - he had steak = he lives with Mumsie and Pops :thumbs:

Edited by trailmix

I am eating leftovers from dinner last night right now.... MMMMMMMM .... mashed potatoes, veggies, shrimp and veal :)

I put a pork roast in the slow cooker this morning, so dinner tonight will be bbq pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans, potato salad and something for a veggie ... not sure exactly, just whatever I pull from the freezer.

Edited by autumnchik

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I am eating leftovers from dinner last night right now.... MMMMMMMM .... mashed potatoes, veggies, shrimp and veal :)

I put a pork roast in the slow cooker this morning, so dinner tonight will be bbq pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans, potato salad and something for a veggie ... not sure exactly, just whatever I pull from the freezer.

That sounds delicious Autumn. I will be having leftovers from last night's chicken stir fry for lunch.

Timeline

My Husband can and does cook. He actually likes some weird things, well things - yesterday for lunch I made him the ever popular canned spaghetti grilled sandwiches.

He can cook anything really.

IR5 wanted a PBJ sandwich - he had steak = he lives with Mumsie and Pops

Naturellement! Until I hit the books again, I'm staying at home. :thumbs:

Just because DH can cook something doesn't necessarily mean it's edible. :lol:

IR5

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Making homemade spaghetti sauce with meat and vegetables - then, spaghetti, of course with garlic bread and a salad. zucchini, yellow squash, onions, celery, tomatoes, mushrooms and eggplant in the sauce.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.