Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Had grilled chicken caesar salad. Mike made the most delicious croutons to go in it earlier this afternoon, oh and skinny cow ice cream sandwiches for dessert.

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Had grilled chicken caesar salad. Mike made the most delicious croutons to go in it earlier this afternoon, oh and skinny cow ice cream sandwiches for dessert.

I love Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches. Yum!

I'm having Chinese takeout from one of the best Chinese restaurants I've found. When you walk into the restaurant it's shabby, pepto-bismal pink, and packed with Chinese people.

Timeline
Bacon and something...umm, bacon and pancakes I think!

I first read "bacon pancakes" and thought, that's different!! :lol:

Oven fries and hot dogs for moi!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

ham, cheese and onion quiche tonight - have milk I need to use before it expires and this is the fastest way other than drinking it:).

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

We had a honey & ginger stir fry tonite.. served over gluten free pasta :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

change of plans - got busy and forgot to get the pastry done in time so we had ham, cheese and onion omelettes instead! (with a side salad and toasted sesame buns)

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Filed: Timeline
Bacon and something...umm, bacon and pancakes I think!

That totally reminded me of pancake Tuesday. I thought "Wait. Is it?" Then "No. It's not." We already had pancakes and sausages that day. Or maybe it was bacon. lol. But they're good anytime, really.

ham, cheese and onion quiche tonight - have milk I need to use before it expires and this is the fastest way other than drinking it:).

Oh cool. I was looking at a recipe I found for an asparagus and red pepper quiche. What's your recipe, Kathryn?

Last night we had curried talapia with mango salsa, garlic rice, and steamed asparagus. Tonight my husband is working late so I was thinking of making homemade tomato soup because I find the tomato soup here really sweet. Plus maybe a grilled cheese sammich. Guess I'll go look for tomato soup recipes now. lol. Unless someone has one they can recommend?

iagree.gif

Timeline

my quiche recipe is really easy! You can use a premade pastry pie shell and just bake it for about 10 minutes at 400 F and then put in the filling or you can make this one: 1/4 cp butter, 1 cup flour and dash salt. Cut flour and salt into butter and mix until a ball forms. Pat the dough into a 9" pie pan and spread it until it fills the pan, mending as necessary. Flute the edge, then bake at 400 for 7 minutes.

Filling: 1 cup cheese - your choice of flavour - grated - sprinkle 3/4 of it over base of baked pie shell (I used Pepper jack today)

3 green onions sliced fine - sprinkle over top of cheese

2 small sweet peppers - diced - sprinkle over top of onion and cheese

3/4 cup ham diced - spread evenly over bottom of pie shell

2 Tbsp of Mrs. Dash's seasoning - shaken over everything

Beat 4 eggs together then beat eggs into 1 cup of milk (can go to 1 1/4 cup if using a deep dish pan). Pour over ingredients in pie shell. Sprinkle remainder of cheese over top of milk and egg mixture. You can also garnish with paprika shaken over top of cheese.

Place pie shell on a cookie sheet and bake in the middle of the oven at 400 F for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is set and browning. (Check with a toothpick). Don't hesitate to leave it a bit longer if it doesn't appear completely set after 40 minutes - go by when the toothpick comes out clean.

Let sit for a few minutes before you cut and serve.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Lamb chops, with side salad, and sone garlic mash,...:)

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Sweet and sour pineapple pork with carrots, onions and green peppers over rice :)

Edited by carslo

Met online playing pinochle in late Feb or March 2001

Married in San Luis Obispo - July 18, 2008

Sent application CR-1/IR-1 on August 26, 2008 to Chicago lock box

September 4, 2008 - Touch #1

Approval email sent January 5, 2009 after 4 months and 2 days

NVC Journey Begins....

NVC Case officially in AVR - January 13, 2009

DS-3032 / AOS Bill Generated - January 16, 2009

AOS Bill snail mailed - January 24, 2009

Emailed DS-3032 - January 26, 2009

DS-3032 emailed read in NH January 30, 2009

DS-3032 accepted at NVC 0n February 2, 2009 via email

AOS Bill Shows as PAID - February 3, 2009

I-864 Package Generated - March 21, 2009

Mailed I-864 Package - March21, 2009

IV Bill Generated - February 3, 2009

Paid IV Bill - March 6, 2009 - snail mail

IV Bill Show as PAID - March 21, 2009

Mailed IV Package - March 21, 2009

REF - April 1, 2009 - Transfered to a supervisor

Case Completed at NVC - April 7, 2009

Medical completed May 27/09 in Vancouver

Interview Date - June 22 - SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED

POE -Vancouver @ YVR- June 28

Permanent resident card received July 20,2009

Social Security Card arrived August 2, 2009

April 2011 started ROC - May 27 biometrics - July 30 received 10 year green card!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

does anybody have any leftovers they can send my way??..lol I am having one of those days.. I am tired and don't know what to cook plus I have no real desire to cook anything...

I really wish my mom lived closer so I could drop by her place for dinner :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
does anybody have any leftovers they can send my way??..lol I am having one of those days.. I am tired and don't know what to cook plus I have no real desire to cook anything...

I really wish my mom lived closer so I could drop by her place for dinner :P

I have some left over rice in the fridge but I really don't think you want it - I think it needs to go in the garbage considering how long it has been sitting there!

Why not make breakfast for dinner? - scrambled eggs and toast, maybe some bacon if you have any. It is quick and easy and doesn't take a lot of cooking. It's what I do when I don't feel like cooking - that or opening a can of pork and beans!

(Hope your evening improves and you have a better day tomorrow)

Edited by Kathryn41

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.