• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Moose meat sauted in onions over rice... yummy!!

Our Journey

6 June 2008- Mailed I130 to Toronto (DCF)

7 Nov 2008- I130 approved in Toronto!!

21 Nov 2008- Received Packet 3 from Montreal

4 Jan 2009- Mailed Packet back

9 Feb 2009- Medical in Toronto

24 Apr 2009- Interview in Montreal...Approved!!!

30 Apr 2009- Received Visa... few hours later crossed to border for the 6 day drive to Utah!!

6 Apr 2009- Arrived at our new HOME!!

13 May 2009- Welcome letter received

19 May 2009- Went to social security office and "applied" for SSN

22 May 2009- SS Card arrived in mail!! (I guess they did send in the paperwork at the interview...)

???????<<<<waiting for GC>>>>>>

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Pot roast, garlic Mash, and green beans,...simple, but hearty and satisfying,..

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We had tofu and chicken stirfry with cauliflower, carrots, onions, red peppers, and zucchini in thai sweet chili sauce. It was SO yummy.

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

my poor hubby married me knowing I make cookies and stuff and now I hardly bake him anything :( so I figured I would be a good wifey and bake him something today... I made these really simple chocolate chip cookie bars...

Chocolate Chip Squares Recipe

* 1/2 cup butter or margarine

* 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed

* 1/4 cup sugar

* 1 egg

* 1 teaspoon vanilla

* 1 cup flour

* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda

* 1/2 teaspoon salt

* 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

* 1/2 cup walnuts *

1. In medium-size bowl,cream butter with brown sugar.

2. Add white sugar and cream again.

3. Add egg and vanilla and beat well.

4. Measure in flour, soda and salt.

5. Stir until well blended.

6. Add chips and nuts stirring to combine.

7. Scrape into 9X9 inch pan.

8. Bake in 350*F oven for 25 to 30 minutes until set and a nice brown color.

9. When cool cut into squares.

* I didn't have walnuts so I used 1/4 cup almonds and a 1/4 cup coconut ..

I tried a piece just now and it is really yummy

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

We had some fantastic meals while we were away on vacation. Tons of fresh fish, which we both adore. Some things we hadn't tried before which we loved were smoked fish (mahi mahi) (they smoked it themselves in a smoke house on-site), deep fried conch fritters, shrimp scallop and grouper burrito's, hmm, something else I'm sure, but I can't remember it right now. Lots of good things anyway. Eating out does get a bit tiring though. It was nice to get home, shop and make some of my own food. :lol: I'm sure that comment will get me flamed!

Last night we had smoked pork chops with stir fried brussel sprouts and brown rice with sunflower seeds.

Tonight I was thinking fish, but I saw that taco stew that MissStacey posted and I'm thinking I'll make that. Have to take a look in the deep freeze to determine if I have ground beef or turkey though!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Husband has just informed me not to cook dinner tonight as we are going out to some fancy italian restaurant. I am sitting here thinking I forgot some occasion. But he said: "Just because..." so I guess thats nice.

Still weird though. :blink:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline

Sounds like some nice meals, Carla. Well, except for the grouper burrito, that is. LOL. I'm like you, though. Eating out gets really old, really quickly. I much prefer a home-cooked meal.

That's nice that you're going out, Sprailenes! :)

Well, last night my husband brought home salad.... because that's what we both felt like. I got a summer salad from Crispers and he got a taco salad from Fiesta Grande. Tonight.... I don't know. Maybe hotdogs and macaroni and cheese.

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We had bbqed pork chops for dinner, with rice. My Sister and her Husband had a really nice dinner out Saturday night, which I thought was great, the went to eat at the Ameristar in St. Louis (they stayed there for a couple of nights).

Apparently the chef chose them that night. He came to talk to them and then said, I will go make your appetizers now. Between each course he came to chat and see how they liked everything. She said it is the best meal out she has ever had and the food was fantastic.

To top it off, he gave her his recipe for Potatoes Croquettes - which I have asked her to give me, he gave her the restaurant quantity recipe, so will need to hone that down :lol:

We had bbqed pork chops for dinner, with rice. My Sister and her Husband had a really nice dinner out Saturday night, which I thought was great, the went to eat at the Ameristar in St. Louis (they stayed there for a couple of nights).

Apparently the chef chose them that night. He came to talk to them and then said, I will go make your appetizers now. Between each course he came to chat and see how they liked everything. She said it is the best meal out she has ever had and the food was fantastic.

To top it off, he gave her his recipe for Potatoes Croquettes - which I have asked her to give me, he gave her the restaurant quantity recipe, so will need to hone that down :lol:

Wow. That is AWESOME, Trailmix! I would totally be into that.

:lol: at the restaurant quantity recipe.

iagree.gif

Timeline
I like Weetabix. :) Today I had organic honey nut toasted oats. They are super sweet.

Yeah I have taken to mixing cereals, well I did that in Canada too, I will put mostly non-sweetened in the bowl, like the weetabix, then add a tad of granola on top.

I like Weetabix. :) Today I had organic honey nut toasted oats. They are super sweet.

Yeah I have taken to mixing cereals, well I did that in Canada too, I will put mostly non-sweetened in the bowl, like the weetabix, then add a tad of granola on top.

I do the mixing cereal thing too! In fact, that's what I said to my husband..... that I'm going to have to get a box of plain cheerios to tone that honey nut one down. lol

iagree.gif

Timeline

I do the mixing cereal thing too! In fact, that's what I said to my husband..... that I'm going to have to get a box of plain cheerios to tone that honey nut one down. lol

:lol:

Yeah! I had run out of plain (original) shreddies, then I ran out of granola! Have to keep big stocks of all of them.

Oh I tried the flakes and fiber weetabix today - love that!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.