Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Wow. Good score, Marilyn!

Boooooo. Sad news on the allergic reaction, Autumn. :( Maybe try one again once your eyes clear up just to make sure. Perhaps there was a bit of MSG in it and that's what you're responding to. But really..... sticky pink-eye type problems doesn't sound like a food allergy to me. Usually food allergies cause hives and swelling..... not oozing. If it's those types of reactions it should respond to anti-histamines, ie Benadryl.

Tonight we are having beef stew. That seems like a cold weather meal to me.

iagree.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh and nice job with the tvs Marilyn!

We got three free knives yesterday, a bread knife and two others, by collecting stickers from Albertsons (100) :lol:

Ohmygosh, I've been collecting those too!! And if someone in front of me isn't collecting them I always ask "Can I have theirs?" :lol: I need to find them and stick them on the little bingo boxes now. <_<

I got the dinnerware the last giveaway, even though I don't like it. I took the mugs to my in-laws' house so I have something decent to drink my coffee out of when I'm there. Everyone comments on how nice they are and I think they're ugly. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh and nice job with the tvs Marilyn!

We got three free knives yesterday, a bread knife and two others, by collecting stickers from Albertsons (100) :lol:

Ohmygosh, I've been collecting those too!! And if someone in front of me isn't collecting them I always ask "Can I have theirs?" :lol: I need to find them and stick them on the little bingo boxes now. <_<

I got the dinnerware the last giveaway, even though I don't like it. I took the mugs to my in-laws' house so I have something decent to drink my coffee out of when I'm there. Everyone comments on how nice they are and I think they're ugly. :lol:

:hehe:

Oh, hurry hurry and get sticking, you only have until February 10th to use them, which is next Tuesday (to the best of my Husband's recollection)!!

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah it does! I was thinking of making cabbage rolls for dinner.

hmmm can you make cabbage rolls quick like for dinner? I always thought they took DAYS to prepare...

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

nah, cabbage rolls are quite simple really... just need to mix the filling and then steam the cabbage and put it all together..... just a little labour intensive

or you could do lazy mans cabbage rolls and just chop up the cabbage and mix with the filling ...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

hmmm can you make cabbage rolls quick like for dinner? I always thought they took DAYS to prepare...

:huh:

I don't know, am I missing something?? I'm just going to blanch the cabbage, make a filling with ground beef, tomatoes and other assorted goodies and then bake them?

Timeline

:huh:

I don't know, am I missing something?? I'm just going to blanch the cabbage, make a filling with ground beef, tomatoes and other assorted goodies and then bake them?

tee hee.. I've never made them before.. i just remember my mother always complaining about how long they take.. :) I have NO clue :)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline
tee hee.. I've never made them before.. i just remember my mother always complaining about how long they take.. :) I have NO clue :)

:lol:

Maybe it was just something she hated making! Or, how many did you have in your household as a child? Say you are a family of 5 and you have 3 each, that's 15 cabbage rolls! Your poor Mom! :lol:

Timeline

Maybe it was just something she hated making! Or, how many did you have in your household as a child? Say you are a family of 5 and you have 3 each, that's 15 cabbage rolls! Your poor Mom! :lol:

Guilty!! We were 5 and I think it was a dish my father liked.. and mum just had to do it to please him.. since he's died she's never made them again come to think of it. :whistle:

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

There you go!

Well I have just cooked the ground beef and chopped green onions and tomatoes and added them. Used my new Albertson's chopping knife! It is nice and very sharp! Be careful krikit! I think I will just add some spices and that's about it.

Thing is, I have quite a bit of the filling. Might put some aside for taco salad or something.

Mmm I love cabbage rolls. My mom makes them with ground pork instead of beef. I've made them with her and since we always make a huge batch, they are a little time consuming, but not days worth of work.

Can Krikit ship me some stew and Trailmix ship some cabbage rolls, because I really don't feel like cooking tonight.

Last night, hubby used his new toy (a deep fryer that my mom gave him as a Xmas gift) and deep fried hot dogs just because he could!!! No seriously, because he had watched a show on tv, Deep Fried Paradise and there was this place in NJ that deep fried hot dogs. IMO, the bite I had tasted the same as a hot dog on the grill. We mostly had Thai food last night, with hubby supplementing with hot dogs and jalapeno poppers, deep fried too. I seriously hope the infatuation wears off, because I don't know if my willpower is strong enough to avoid deep fried food all the time.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

There you go!

Well I have just cooked the ground beef and chopped green onions and tomatoes and added them. Used my new Albertson's chopping knife! It is nice and very sharp! Be careful krikit! I think I will just add some spices and that's about it.

Thing is, I have quite a bit of the filling. Might put some aside for taco salad or something.

:lol: Did I ever tell you about the time I chopped the top of my thumb off? It was only hanging on by a piece of the fingernail. I nearly fainted when I saw the bone underneath. It's very white, you know.

Now.... speaking of ground beef.... I'd probably stir it into tomato sauce and pour it over the cabbage rolls.

Last night, hubby used his new toy (a deep fryer that my mom gave him as a Xmas gift) and deep fried hot dogs just because he could!!! No seriously, because he had watched a show on tv, Deep Fried Paradise and there was this place in NJ that deep fried hot dogs. IMO, the bite I had tasted the same as a hot dog on the grill. We mostly had Thai food last night, with hubby supplementing with hot dogs and jalapeno poppers, deep fried too. I seriously hope the infatuation wears off, because I don't know if my willpower is strong enough to avoid deep fried food all the time.

That's hilarious. If my husband got a deep fryer he'd wonder what it was.

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.