Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

We had left over chicken, artichoke hearts with olive oil, garlic and black pepper, and egg noodles with powdered cheddar cheese and butter (I live somewhat close to the Cabot cheese factory and just took my dad there the other day for a tour. While I was there, I picked up this great powdered cheese ... looks like parmesan but it is cheddar. It is especially yummy on popcorn!)

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I concocted something out of leftovers, and its quite good. *pats herself on the back* ;)

I had leftover rotisserie chicken (mainly the breast) and rice. I took the meat off the bones and chopped it in cubes, chopped up some parsley and added the rice. I then mixed in a can of cream of chicken soup and popped it in the oven on 375 for 15 minutes or so....just long enough for the ingredients to mingle and get hot. I made a salad and that's dinner!

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We had leftovers from last night -- I was sneaky yesterday and put a jar of mild salsa in with the spaghetti sauce to get some more veggies/nutrition in the meal -- my hubby is notorious for not eating veggies. he loved the dish and is still raving about it tonight. I win! :devil:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Timeline
I concocted something out of leftovers, and its quite good. *pats herself on the back* ;)

:lol:

Yay for leftovers and sneaking in extra vegetation! We had leftovers too. :D .... with spring roll appetizers. For freezer food, I was very impressed with them. Tonight I am making Carla's Zucchini Sausage Squares. Very unromantic, I know. Hmmm. Now I feel bad. Maybe I should make something special instead. :unsure:

Edited by Crikey!
iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yay for leftovers and sneaking in extra vegetation! We had leftove!rs too. :D .... with spring roll appetizers. For freezer food, I was very impressed with them. Tonight I am making Carla's Zucchini Sausage Squares. Very unromantic, I know. Hmmm. Now I feel bad. Maybe I should make something special instead. :unsure:

You could shape the zucchini squares in to heart shapes - if you are going to you better get started now !

Not sure what to make for dinner tonight, hmmm, no, can't decide.

I remember one year I made a cake for valentine's day, used a box mix, made pink icing - the cake completely fell apart, crumbled, so i made kind of a crumbled cake and pink icing - thing. If I remember correctly we did eat it :hehe:

You could shape the zucchini squares in to heart shapes - if you are going to you better get started now !

OMG, could you imagine? :o

I remember one year I made a cake for valentine's day, used a box mix, made pink icing - the cake completely fell apart, crumbled, so i made kind of a crumbled cake and pink icing - thing. If I remember correctly we did eat it :hehe:

:lol: I would have added sherry or Grand Marnier, fruit and custard, and called it trifle.

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

have been cooking spaghetti sauce since yesterday so tonight will be Pork Parmesan (same as chicken parm but dont have any chicken breasts) with spaghetti, Bruschetta, salad, and I have some bananas that are turning so think I will make some mini banana bread loaves (love my mini loaf pan) with walnuts and macadamia nuts in them.. not so much a romantic meal but all of my husbands favorite things..

Kimmbo (Las Vegas,NV,USA)

Barry (Brampton,ON,CANADA)

Im an American married to a Canadian, I have no kids, yet Im a grandmother, I can pick things up off the floor with my toes

I-130

----------------

Feb/26/07 Sent I-130 (VSC)($190 US)

March/2/07 Rcv'd at VSC

March/5/07 NOA-1

July/23/07 NOA2(147 days)

I-129F

--------------

March/16/07 Sent I-129F (Chicago) ($170 US)

March/21/07 Received in Chicago

March/22/07 NOA-1

April/10/07 Transferred to VSC

April/23/07 Email from USCIS (case pending at VSC)

July/23/07 NOA2(129 days)

July/28/07 Rcv'd at NVC

July/31/07 NVC sent to Montreal

Aug/3/07 Montreal Rcv'd

Aug/8/07 Packet 3 Received

Aug/10/07 Packet 3 Sent

Aug/13/07 Packet 3 Received in Montreal

Oct/17/07 Medical Scheduled (Dr Seiden)

Jan/25/08 INTERVIEW MONTREAL...APPROVED!

Feb/6/08 Montreal sends Visa, finally!

Feb/8/08 Received Visa (14 days)

April/18/08 Moving Day/POE Sarnia

AOS/EAD

--------------

June/21/08 AOS/EAD package sent ($1010)

June/23/08 Received in Chicago

June/30/08 Check cashed

July/01/08 Received NOA's for I-765 & I-485 (dated June 27th)

July/02/08 Touch

July/07/08 Received Biometrics letter (dated July 1st)

July/18/08 Biometrics appt 8am

Aug/30/08 EAD card received (approval dated Aug 26th)

Sept/04/08 Applied for SSN

Sept/15/08 Social Security card received

Jan/23/09 letter received with interview date

March/10/09 INTERVIEW 9:30am...APPROVED!!

March/19/09 Welcome Letter received

March/23/09 GREENCARD RECEIVED, DONE WITH USCIS UNTIL 2019!

Okay. I think I'm going to make lamb chops with a mint gremolata on a bed of grains with roasted carrots and green beans. And chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert. And mojitos for an apéritif. Yikes. I guess I'd better get started. :blink:

Wow, you are impressive ... I need to make sure hubby NEVER reads this thread and expects cooking like this!!! LOL

Tonight, we are staying in, we will go out on the weekend to celebrate combo V Day and anniversary. I'm making steak, baked potatoes, salad and maybe green beans.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
:( I am sick...so Valentines sucks...My husband took meat out for Meatloaf so i think we're having that and salad and roasted potatoes...still yummy. Hopefully I can stomach it or even taste it

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Change in menu: the steak had not thawed in time, so I ran to the grocery store to pick something else up. I was seduced by the lovely lovely (and oh so pricy) lobsters ... and the best part is, the store steams them for you! So we had that and a tossed salad and strawberries with chocolate dip for dessert.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Change in menu: the steak had not thawed in time, so I ran to the grocery store to pick something else up. I was seduced by the lovely lovely (and oh so pricy) lobsters ... and the best part is, the store steams them for you! So we had that and a tossed salad and strawberries with chocolate dip for dessert.

Yum!!!

Okay. I think I'm going to make lamb chops with a mint gremolata on a bed of grains with roasted carrots and green beans. And chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert. And mojitos for an apéritif. Yikes. I guess I'd better get started. :blink:

Wow, you are impressive ... I need to make sure hubby NEVER reads this thread and expects cooking like this!!! LOL

Was AWESOME. I used coconut rum for the mojitos and they were perfection. (All natural ingredients... no premix stuff. Chose mojitos because it pairs well with the mint and lemon I used to prepare the lamb.) Instead of green beans we had peas, because they go perfectly with lamb. I sprinkled some of the gremolata on the peas and they were perfect also. Candles. Wine. Just about to log off and eat chocolate dipped strawberries now. *sigh* Had a wonderful night. :wub:

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
If you ever get your butt up here to visit Stace, I will fix you the same menu!!! :)

If you ever get your butt down here- we'll get you good and liquored and boil some crabs or crawfish!! And then go make asses of ourselves on Bourbon Street!! Woo Hoo!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.